“Most amazing vacation ever !”
Review of Sundance Villas

Sundance Villas
Estherville
“Most amazing vacation ever !”
Reviewed 7 December 2010

An absolutely amazing weekend was spent at the Sundance Villas in Sept with my daughter and 2 friends. We stayed in the Villa con Affresco for the 2nd time and the clean , quiet, roomy Villa was everything we imagined. We certainly put the private pool and hot tub to good use ! We were only there a weekend, but managed to visit the Living Desert, Vineyards , Beach , and enjoyed the local shops and restaurants, all within easy driving distance. It was my daughters 30th birthday and even before we left , she was asking when we were coming back !And living in the frigid midwest {1 degree here this AM} we are dreaming of our next visit ! The manager ,Ginny Hahn, greeted us with a warm welcome, and made us feel totally at home. She took care of our every need and even lined us up with manicures & pedicures at a local shop. We will definately be returning - and hopefully very soon !

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Omaha
Reviewed 6 November 2010

We have been to Sundance four times and have stayed in two of the nineteen villas. We keep returning because the villas are comfortable, clean and your privacy is guaranteed. The villas we've stayed in have private pools in an enclosed pool/patio area (see photos) so there is absolutely no concern if you want to sunbathe/skinny dip. Our villas have had one or two gas fireplaces (one of which is in the master bedroom-see photo) and, unlike some fireplaces, these can be turned up to produce large flames. When you arrive, you are given a garage door opener which gives you access to your own private garage. Once inside, you discover in your refrigerator a very nice welcome package with bagels, fruit, juices, bottled water and other snacks. Sundance is at the north end of Palm Canyon Drive so you are close to the tram and just down the street from many, many good restaurants and coffee shops. Although we've wanted to ride the tram everytime we've been there, we haven't been able to tear ourselves away from Sundance long enough to do that yet. The staff is responsive and very sensitive to protecting your privacy. The villas at Sundance are privately owned so it is not a resort but, we feel, it is a very good value if you want a place to get away for romance and relaxation.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HopetobehotMomma
Carmel, California
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Beautifully appointed private Villas with your own private pool.spa,patio garden,daily maid service,newspaper delivery.The perfect restful get away!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Nice place will be back soon. The house was very clean and very nice. We enjoyed the private pool and enclosed front and back yard. Garage was very nice for the rental car. Temps during the day in Aug were 110 to 120 degrees.At night time we had high winds and cooler temps. Found good places to eat in Palm Springs area along with things to see and do. I spend many hours in the casino's while the wife did the shopping at many outlet malls. Resort in older area of Palm Spring, However, it's still very nice and private

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 20 August 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sundance Villas in ‘Casa Amigos’ #10 from August 9-13, 2010. The entire experience was unmatched, even by a previous stay at a luxury resort located a short drive away in La Quinta.

We found their webpage to represent an informative and realistic view of each available villa within the resort. Making reservations was easy and the email directions were accurate. We arrived late, and even though the office was closed; the villa keys and garage door opener were left for us in a key box outside the office, clearly marked in an envelope with the reservation last name. The small map, with the route to our villa highlighted, was helpful.

When we entered into the villa, we immediately remarked positively about the private enclosed garage, not only would the vehicle be shaded from the summer heat but it would also be extra secure when not in use. Upon entry, we were impressed. As listed, the villa was a very spacious 2 bedroom with full kitchen, fire place, wet-bar, generous living/dining area, and huge big screen television. The air conditioning had been set at a comfortable temperature in anticipation of our arrival; this was a nice touch, as PS is very HOT in August!

As promised, our refrigerator contained an arrival-day "Brunch Bag" with seasonal fruit, pastries, bagels, juice and additional sweet snacks. Along with a nice welcome note from Ginny Hahn, manager.

The master bedroom and closet were huge, and the bed was incredibly comfy. The villa contained all of the dishes and utensils one might need. The microwave and dishwasher were a very welcome convenience, as no-one wants to deal with heavy cleaning on vacation. Plump and fluffy towels were provided in each bathroom, along with a nice assortment of complimentary bath products.

The secluded private pool and spa was very peaceful, well maintained with nice comfortable various deck chairs and we enjoyed preparing barbeque dinners on the gas grill, which was very easy to operate. During our stay, we did not use the free wireless hi-speed Internet, but appreciated that it was available and made note for next time. Daily housekeeping service is offered, however, as we wanted our privacy, the ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door each day, was honored.

The villa is centrally located to all major conveniences; grocery stores, 7-11, downtown village, restaurants, Aerial Tramway, and several very nice public golf courses. We particularly enjoyed our multiple golf games at Cimarron Golf Resort. We found it to be one of the best public golf facilities in the Palm Springs area. In particular, José at the front desk was welcoming, friendly, and offered us amazing advice plus discounts, gracias!

One other nice activity we enjoyed was the Village Fest; every Thursday 7:00p -10:00p June – September (Palm Canyon Drive, between Amado and Baristo) Downtown streets are closed off to traffic, and contain various art, crafts, food and jewelry stalls. It’s a good atmosphere, great for people watching and passing a few relaxing hours.

We truly stepped into another world by staying at the Sundance Villas and achieved our goal of enjoying a very nice tranquil private vacation together. This villa is a definitely a luxurious alternative, and worth every single penny. I would recommend this property to all of my family and friends.

We hope to return someday very soon, thank you very much Ginny!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dicang
sundanceps, Manager at Sundance Villas, responded to this review, 19 September 2010
Thank you so much for your lovely review of your stay at Sundance Villas. We are so gratified to know you enjoyed and appreciated all the little things that sometimes go unnoticed. Being able to relax and unwind in quiet privacy is what sets this property apart from the rest. Of course, Palm Springs has a magical charm that is hard to match anywhere.

Your comments are invaluable. Thank you for sharing your experience so eloquently.

Hope to see you again very soon.

Sincerely, Ginny Hahn
Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 March 2010

The human need to retreat, refresh and renew is common to us all. Who of us has not needed to escape the rush of everyday life, to invigorate a tired soul, or renew a love? Fortunately for those of us “Type A” personality a fortress of solitude awaits. Behind a tall wall, beyond a private gate lies a garden welcoming you home, home to Palm Springs, home to Sundance.

For the past decade, whenever we needed to recover from illness, or just run away from a hectic world, we knew we would always be happy at Sundance. Imagine a private villa, sequestered away in the desert, safe in the shadow of Mount San Jacinto, equipped with every amenity your heart could desire including the most valuable quality of all, privacy!

My heart jumps just thinking about driving there on a warm afternoon, knowing that in a few moments the wonderful hospitality that is Sundance will allow me to forget all of my problems, dilemmas and woes. Soon, I’ll be lounging in my own sun-drenched private backyard, watching the tall palms sway in the breeze while contemplating an evening soaking in my private spa counting the stars while I’m wrapped in my lover’s arms, with music drifting out of my elegantly appointed villa…

I doesn’t get any better than this… the comfort of a private desert home, with the amenities of a world class hotel, minutes from downtown Palm Springs, Sundance is where you will find me should I ever go missing. Ah… Sundance, que bella!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EdCasanova
Milwaukie, Oregon
Reviewed 3 February 2010

I've stayed quite a few places in Palm Springs. Sometimes I've rented private homes (usually for family gatherings) and sometimes I've stayed at condos or small hotels. In planning a getaway with my sister, I hesitated at what seemed like a high price for Sundance Villas. After our visit, however, I believe it is a very good value...with all of the "pros" and none of the "cons" of my usual lodging.

The villas are spacious and well-equipped. The living room and master bedroom open to an attractive walled-in back yard with a small private pool and/or hot tub, covered patio, and a nice lawn area. I loved the option of using our plunge pool, or going out the back gate to the larger pool in the center of the property. There is also a tennis court.
We enjoyed having a washer and dryer in our private garage and made good use of the wireless internet. Although not the most fancy area of Palm Springs, we found the location convenient and the mountain views fantastic.

The advantage over renting a private home or condo is that there are no additional charges for security deposit (often $500-$1000), cleaning, or the ubiquitous "service fee". Some nice hotel services are included in the rate such as daily cleaning service, delivery of newspaper, and a welcome basket of goodies. Most important, though, is the prompt and courteous service from the on-site staff. We had an issue one day with the heating of our pool and hot tub, which I reported to the office. Although it was a weekend afternoon, the pool person was called and was there within an hour to fix the problem.
Special kudos to the head housekeeper, Ines, for taking such good care of us. She gave us a brief tour of 5 other units, which I really appreciated. I have mobility problems and it is not always easy to tell from photos which units would be the most suitable. Each of the 19 villas is furnished differently, and each has a different pool/hot tub configuration. Some have easier access in and out of the water than others. All villas we saw had nice plants and flowers in the courtyards. We were in Villa de Paz, which is attractive and comfortable.

There are 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom vills, with different bedding options. Great for families, 2 couples, etc. I only wish there were some ONE bedroom villas, for those times when I travel solo or with just my spouse. If considering a reservation at Sundance Villas it is a good idea to call the office and ask if there are any rate specials.
They are not always listed on the website. For our late January stay they were offering summer rates, plus the 4th night was half off. This made a difference in my booking decision, for which I am grateful. Our visit was a lovely experience that I hope to repeat!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Barbara5353
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Springs
Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
L'Horizon Resort & Spa
#14 of 73 in Palm Springs
Triada Palm Springs, Autograph Collection
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Sundance Villas? Share your experiences!