“Bright hotel”

The Saguaro Palm Springs
Ranked #36 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for a weekend getaway with my boyfriend, the hotel was a fun environment. Loved all the colors, did not eat here we went downtown to eat but overall the hotel is great! Would return again this summer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
SaguaroPS, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share this valuable feedback with us, Melissa. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and will be sure to share your compliments with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in Palm Springs!

Cheers,
Steve Rachmat, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,149)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Me and a couple friends decided to go on a mini staycation at The Saguaro Palm Springs and I came back more relaxed than ever. We spent most our time at the pool which is heaven in the desert heat. The cute colors of the hotel made for great photo ops. The hotel itself was exactly what you pay for. Nothing too fancy but also everything you needed. There was however a weird smell of the hotel... possible because it use to be an older hotel and they did renovations. I felt the rooms could have had a little more personality like how the hotel itself had but the bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: We chose to have the mountain view room because we knew we would be at the pool all day anyways. It...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sareandiego
SaguaroPS, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to follow-up with us. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the great mountain views and found our pool to be "heaven in the desert heat." What a great compliment! I appreciate your support and hope that next time you're in Palm Springs, you'll keep us in mind! You're always welcome.

Cheers,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

we stayed one week here and overall it was good. we did not like the pool on saturday or sunday because they had a dj who played music way too loud. they also told everyone to leave at 5:30 because there was a wedding near the pool. we did not like that. things got better on monday thru friday at the pool. the music was quiet and the crowds were not overwhelming. the view of the mountains from the pool was beautiful. the room was nice and clean. we were on the first floor, but i would have preferred the privacy of an upper floor.
the location was good with many restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: i would have preferred an upper floor with a balcony instead of a patio
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I appreciate the support! Thank you for taking the time to spread the good word about us here on TripAdvisor. From your gorgeous room views to our great location, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. When it comes to our DJ -- you're right. We have a very vibrant scene so I do apologize if the noise level caught you off guard. Overall, I'm happy you're happy and I look forward to welcoming you back. Please don't be a stranger and let me know if you need anything.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My girlfriend and I chose to stay at the Saguaro for Memorial Day weekend because of its location, amenities, and appearance. It was close to "downtown" Palm Springs, yet we didn't really need to leave for anything, and there was a sense desert trendiness and youth in the hotel's decor.

First the good:
1) I am by no means a qualified critic in cuisine, but I thought the cuisine was excellent. Plenty of variety, reasonable value, and excellent service.
2) The beds were very comfortable.
3) My girlfriend very much enjoyed her sixty-minute spa treatment, despite the masseuse's chatty tendencies, and the complimentary yoga was also a definite plus.
4) The pool is open until midnight, which we really liked.
5) Everything that we wanted in terms of amenities were there.

Now the bad:
1) Poor maintenance. Let me caveat this by stating that I have a particular bias towards this sort of thing since my career is in real estate and real estate management. So what bothers me may not bother the next person. Be that as it may, the first things I noticed while walking to our room from the elevator was the enormous amounts of scuffs and gouges on the walls. I get it, maintenance is expensive and time consuming; but those kinds of things are unsightly and really take away from one's resort experience.
2) No blenders... anywhere. Want a blended Piña Colada or Strawberry Daiquiri on this beautiful 100 degree day? Too bad--no blenders. In fact, one bartender actually said, "this is a blender-free establishment." Seriously? Uh, OK.
3) The rooms smelled a tad bit stale for some reason. Unfortunately, the smell wasn't something that just went away with an open door. Alas, I may just be hypersensitive towards these things.

Look, I wasn't expecting a five star, Ritz-Carlton experience for a rowdy Memorial Day weekend. As well as I think the Saguaro has the potential to be one of the best resorts in Palm Springs. However, I didn't pay Memorial Day prices to feel like I was at a rough around the edges, brightly painted, 2.5 star establishment. I would recommend not staying here and just come for the cuisine. Had it not been for the exceptional cuisine and service, this review would probably be titled "Don't Even Bother".

1  Thank Ronald G
SaguaroPS, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

What a detailed review, Ronald. My sincerest thank you for taking the time to share all of this as it helps pinpoint where we can improve in order to better serve our guests.

While I'm pleased to read all the things you loved about our resort, I'd like to take a moment to address the not-so-great. I do want to assure you that we take maintenance very seriously and in addition to our regular inspections, we always act quickly when guests notify us to an issue. Same goes for the cleanliness of our rooms. We understand that some guests have more sensitive noses and we always work our hardest to ensure a memorable stay.

In the end, I sincerely hope you'll keep us in mind next time you're in Palm Springs. There's nothing I'd love more than for you to see your feedback in action.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have to say, if The Saguaro wasn't so colorful, I'd probably just give it 3 stars, but I have to add that 4th star just because it's so well designed. There's no way you can be grumpy when you're surrounded by so many happy colors! We arrived on a Sunday and had a pool-view room. There was an afternoon pool party that was just not at all our scene -- super loud music, super loud people, lots of bumping and grinding -- and I'm sure it's WAY worse on a Saturday. The rest of the time the pool was practically empty, which was great. The room was comfortable enough, nothing super luxurious, but you know that just based on the price. We enjoyed renting free bikes from the hotel and riding through the neighborhoods looking at architecture. The restaurant El Jefe was overpriced. I'd definitely stay here again (during the week).

Room Tip: The pool parties are VERY LOUD so avoid weekends if that's not your thing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I appreciate this thoughtful feedback. While I'm happy to read you appreciate our colors and fun ambiance, I'm disappointed we missed the mark in other areas.

When it comes to our pool scene, we do draw in quite the crowd over the weekends. A lot of people like to escape the dessert poolside which can lead to some unexpected noise. I do apologize if our atmosphere wasn't clearly communicated to you, and want to assure you that we offer a much more relaxed vibe during the week. With that in mind, I hope you'll think of us next time you're Palm Springs bound. It would mean a lot to earn a second chance to impress.

Kindly,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was aware of the "weekend pool scene", so planned a weekday stay. I've been a JDV fan for many years and agree that this was not my favorite, but for this low price it was more than adequate. Bed was very comfortable, the room a little dark, but overall no complaints. Only El Jefe restaurant was serving that night, food was okay, not sure I would return to the restaurant. Music at the pool, even on a Tuesday afternoon, was a little loud making it hard to focus on some work I was doing. The pool area was quiet at night. Public areas are welcoming and comfortable.

Room Tip: Request away from the pool if you desire quiet room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
SaguaroPS, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to follow-up with us here on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the stars and look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. Next time you're in Palm Springs, I hope you'll keep us in mind. Our door's always open!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel was just so so. I'll start with the positives: nice staff, fun vibe at pool, restaurants and common areas. The colorful theme and pretty plants all make for a nice outdoor setting. If I could have stayed outside my entire visit, all would have been good. Certain aspects of the room were hard to overlook. There was a weird, musty odor in our hallway and the a/c in our room worked very poorly. We had a suite, and the living area a/c did not work at all, while the bedroom one tried to pull double duty but couldn't quite make it. I understand charging a resort fee, but when the pool area is closed for a private party when you arrive and you're only staying for 2 days, it just doesn't feel like I got my moneys worth here, and that the property wasn't up to snuff with other Joie de Vivre properties that I've stayed at.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gridirongirl1331
SaguaroPS, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on TripAdvisor. While I'm happy you appreciated our colorful theme, it's disheartening to hear you found us to be just "so so." That's never the impression we wish to leave on our guests, so I hope you'll give us another opportunity to impress.

When it comes to our amenities, the $25 covers free yoga, free bikes, free shuttle service and more. I do apologize that our pool was closed during your visit, as I understand how frustrating that must have been. That is certainly not normal for our hotel, so hopefully you'll visit again on a calmer weekend. After all, I'd love your thoughts on everything we have to offer!

Kindly,