“Loved La Dolce Vita!”

La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa
Seattle, WA
“Loved La Dolce Vita!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2008

Just returned from a very relaxing long weekend at La Dolce Vita. What a wonderful place. Grounds and rooms are wonderfully clean and well maintained. We stayed in a Roma suite on the east wing pool and spent most of our days lounging in the sun. It was PERFECT! The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, and did a great job orchestrating nightly socials which provided a great opportunity to get to know other guests. The Greyhounds mixed with freshly squeezed grapefruit picked straight of the grounds were out of this world...thank you Jack :)

Overall a great place...quiet, relaxing and friendly. Will be back, and will recommend!

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2008

My partner and I stayed at La Dolce Vita a few weeks ago, and couldn't have been more delighted. It was beautiful, peaceful, absurdly relaxing, and sensual. The staff could not have been more welcoming and friendly. The rooms and grounds are squeaky clean, shady, and private. We especially enjoyed the nightly social hour by the pool, and we made some wonderful vacation friends in the 4 days we were there. The masseur, Sammy, is reminiscent of the guy who played Michael Tolliver in the first "Tales of the City", and has great hands (!). Everett, the groundskeeper/bartender was sweet as could be and a wonderful host. The worst part of our trip was leaving La Dolce Vita and spending a few days in LA. We constantly pined for Dolce Vita, and can't wait to get back!

• Liked — It was relaxing and restful
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bassoprofundo
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2008

For my first trip to Palm Springs I chose La Dolce Vita based on their website and reviews. My choice was perfect. The staff went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. Each staff member knows you by name and takes the time to introduce you to the other guests. The facility is like a small tropical garden, well maintained and very clean. My room was right off the main pool with a private patio in the back. The resort is quiet, relaxed and a perfect place to get away and refresh. I plan to visit at least every year.

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank NewYorkCityNYGuy
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2008

Stayed at LDV for a couple of nights in early April. Chose this property because of its superior location in PS and excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed.

From check-in to departure, the resort met my expectations. As an innkeeper myself, I have fairly high standards when it comes to service and cleanliness. In both categories, La Dolce Vita ranks quite highly. In fact, one of our friends is a Palm Springs hotelier and commented that it was among the cleanest men's resorts he's seen in PS.

Free parking and good strong free WiFi are also pluses.

The daily happy hour is a great time to meet fellow guests, too. Be sure to take advantage of it. I just wish it was a bit longer than 60 minutes.

Next time I'm in Palm Springs, I know where I will be staying! I'll be enjoing "the sweet life" at La Dolce Vita.

• Liked — Friendly guests, friendly staff, no attitude
  • Disliked — Amazing number of early-risers!
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank JJNOLA
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2008

For me, it's all about the patio furniture by the pool. The resort recently replaced its loungers which were OK with these really comfy chairs that make it impossible not to relax. I promised a friend I'd finish his novel during my four-day stay in Palm Springs and kept falling asleep because I was in such a state of bliss.

This resort seems to get better all the time with new touches like the chairs but also a staff that has been there for years so they know their stuff and everything stays pretty ship-shape. Owners Ken and Tim set a nice tone and are both very smart and cool.

The breakfast room has really become this nice space with a flat screen TV on the wall, a comfy sofa and chairs and a set-up that makes it nice to meet some of the other guests in the morning over coffee and bagels or a waffle. The local newspapers are also there so it's pretty much the perfect set-up for me.

And a word about happy hour. During my last stay, the drink of choice was greyhounds made with grapefruits grown on the property. It was a nice touch and it was fun to sip those down and gab with the guys and make dinner plans.

Basically, I felt pretty [----] happy the entire stay and have no complaints. There were plenty of guests there mid-week so I made some new friends and look forward to my next stay.

• Liked — my room, the pool scene, the patio loungers
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Herndoggie
dougster2810
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2008

The owners Ken and Tim were BEYOND gracious, friendly, and so helpful every step of the way to make sure our stay was enjoyable and went above and beyond always.
If you DON'T stay here, you're missing out on THE best place in PS!

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank dougster2810
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2008

We went to Palm Springs to stay with a friend for four days then decided to extend our visit. Rather than impose on our friend we decided to try a "clothing optional" resort as my partner had never had the experience. Even though we are both "Senior Gentlemen" he took to it like a duck to water. And the staff and amenities at La Dolce Vita made the experience all the more enjoyable. We had a large clean and comfortable room right by the pool with lots of storage space for our clothes. We appreciated the nice little touches like the bathrobes and toiletries in the bathroom. A great breakfast selection every morning when we were really only expecting coffee and a muffin. The resort is very central so an easy drive to any of the bars, restaurants or theatres. And the free Happy Hour every evening was a good time to let go the stress of having so much fun and socialize with our fellow guests. We met and chatted with many interesting and friendly guys from all over the US and Canada. It was a most enjoyable stay and we would certainly consider going there again.

• Liked — The privacy.
  • Disliked — The leafblower!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank VanDaddyStuds