“What a wonderful weekend!”

La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa
Reviewed 2 July 2008

My boyfriend and I just returned from our first vacation together and had such a wonderful stay at La Dolce Vita! The property is very nicely landscaped and the room we stayed in was cute and immaculately clean. The Aveda skincare products and robes that were provided were a nice touch. There are 2 nice pools and jacuzzis. We were concerned about coming to Palm Springs in the summer, but the misting system helps keep things cool even in the 110+ degree heat. There is a nice breakfast selection including cereal, eggs, fruit and you can make your own waffles. I had some reservations about staying at a place that was "clothing optional" for our first trip away together, but we never felt uncomfortable. The other guests during our stay were friendly and we enjoyed chatting. Overall, it was a great experience. It was the most romantic and relaxing vacation I have ever been on and look forward to staying at La Dolce Vita again in the future!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa

Reviewed 25 May 2008

After doing our "homework" online and reading the reviews for our first stay in a "gay resort" we were VERY pleased with the property. It's exactly what we were looking for, we wanted a nice casual, laid-back, clothing-optional environment with all the amenities WITHOUT all the wild, cruisy, party-all-night, bathhouse type atmosphere. The property was great, rooms small but nice, awesome pool/hot tub areas and great steamroom. Breakfast served each morning and evening "social hour" each night was a great way to chat and meet new people.

Reviewed 22 May 2008

My partner and I just spent a fantastic 7 days at this resort. I was a bit skeptical, because the reviews were so flattering and believed nothing could be so wonderful. Fortunately, everything was great.
We stayed in a Sienna room, located poolside. While we were there we toured some of the other rooms and found all of them quite nice. All of the chaise lounges were cushioned perfect for reading, napping. and enjoying the, " view". But, one of the best parts of our visit was the owners and staff, everyone was great. There was not a hint of attitude with anyone. All could not have been more helpful or friendly. And I cannot say enough good things about the staff especially Everett and Rick. We will definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

Reviewed 13 May 2008

Just returned from a very relaxing long weekend at La Dolce Vita. What a wonderful place. Grounds and rooms are wonderfully clean and well maintained. We stayed in a Roma suite on the east wing pool and spent most of our days lounging in the sun. It was PERFECT! The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, and did a great job orchestrating nightly socials which provided a great opportunity to get to know other guests. The Greyhounds mixed with freshly squeezed grapefruit picked straight of the grounds were out of this world...thank you Jack :)

Overall a great place...quiet, relaxing and friendly. Will be back, and will recommend!

Reviewed 23 April 2008

My partner and I stayed at La Dolce Vita a few weeks ago, and couldn't have been more delighted. It was beautiful, peaceful, absurdly relaxing, and sensual. The staff could not have been more welcoming and friendly. The rooms and grounds are squeaky clean, shady, and private. We especially enjoyed the nightly social hour by the pool, and we made some wonderful vacation friends in the 4 days we were there. The masseur, Sammy, is reminiscent of the guy who played Michael Tolliver in the first "Tales of the City", and has great hands (!). Everett, the groundskeeper/bartender was sweet as could be and a wonderful host. The worst part of our trip was leaving La Dolce Vita and spending a few days in LA. We constantly pined for Dolce Vita, and can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bassoprofundo
Reviewed 13 April 2008

For my first trip to Palm Springs I chose La Dolce Vita based on their website and reviews. My choice was perfect. The staff went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. Each staff member knows you by name and takes the time to introduce you to the other guests. The facility is like a small tropical garden, well maintained and very clean. My room was right off the main pool with a private patio in the back. The resort is quiet, relaxed and a perfect place to get away and refresh. I plan to visit at least every year.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank NewYorkCityNYGuy
Reviewed 10 April 2008

Stayed at LDV for a couple of nights in early April. Chose this property because of its superior location in PS and excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed.

From check-in to departure, the resort met my expectations. As an innkeeper myself, I have fairly high standards when it comes to service and cleanliness. In both categories, La Dolce Vita ranks quite highly. In fact, one of our friends is a Palm Springs hotelier and commented that it was among the cleanest men's resorts he's seen in PS.

Free parking and good strong free WiFi are also pluses.

The daily happy hour is a great time to meet fellow guests, too. Be sure to take advantage of it. I just wish it was a bit longer than 60 minutes.

Next time I'm in Palm Springs, I know where I will be staying! I'll be enjoing "the sweet life" at La Dolce Vita.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo