“Great Place To ...... Well ......Have Fun”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Desert Paradise Gay Men's Resort
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We used to stay at Terrazo until they closed and needed to try other resorts. My partner and I spent a long weekend and had a fun time....wink, wink. The grounds are very well kept. The pool and hot tub appeared to be both in balance and kept clean. Water temp was perfect and pool furniture was also clean and functional. Our room was adequate and bedding was quite comfortable. We really couldn't complain, 'cept being from Las Vegas the room was a tad cool for us, we wanted to turn on the heat....lol. We turned the air off for our entire stay. WI-FI worked and was free. The only time we had contact with the staff was at check in and out, they were thorough and friendly. So we really didn't have any complaints and that is a great thing. We didn't partake in breakfast so we can't comment there. Unlike other comments, we found the resort playful....but mostly out of sight. It depends on the crowd. If things are a snooze, All-Worlds is a very short walk away, about 2 short blocks. We rate it a thumbs up!

Room Tip: We stayed in Barbra Streisand. Nice room close to the gate for parking and good view of the pool. Wi...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Craig C

Reviewed 25 October 2012

My partner & I vacationed here for 5 days recently. We had a terrific visit. Friendly, very helpful, accommodating staff. The property is very clean and the gardens lush. Having breakfast by the pool very relaxing. It's also very quiet. We departed for home with our body, mind and spirit restored. We'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank orsosfo
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Found the resort very clean and well maintained . The host and staff very friendly .. The rooms well equipped and of good size .. The pool good size. Only negative is the salt water in the pool. Apart from that a nicely run friendly good location resort and well worth a stay!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank LowtonTravellers
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Eight of us planned and booked four rooms for a weekend getaway that I needed more than anything. My partner and I had my elderly father visiting for six months so you can only imagine how much I needed a weekend. After he went back home he became ill. I did all my homework and knew when to cancel, if needed, before cancel penalties applied. Fortunately, I did not have to cancel.

Ron, the Manager, welcomed us at check-in and gave us a tour of the place. We stayed in the Barbara Streisand Suite. Room was clean and comfortable, continental breakfast was good, the pool was nice and clean and we met some very nice people. We swam all day, rested, ate dinner, and swam in the evening. The grounds,decor, and gardens are beautiful. Bathroom towels are big and fluffy. All the rooms except one, were booked for the weekend. It was a mixed age group, 20's thru 70's, with the average age being 35-40. Most went clothing optional around the pool. There was no sex around the grounds or pool, THANK GOODNESS. If you want a sleazy place this isn't it, go somewhere else. Ron is happy to offer places to eat and things to do.

Our only little, teensie, weensie complaint? We wished they had more shade around the pool.

This was the same view felt with our friends who stayed in the three other rooms. We will all stay here again, we found our new favorite place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I just wanted to say that my partner and I had a lovely two night stay at this resort.
From the time I called to make our reservations for our July 14-15 visit to Palm Springs and spoke to Ron I knew that I had chosen the right place. We're from the east coast and had never been to Palm Springs before. Ron and Dale made us feel welcome and at home. I called less than a week before our arrival but they had one room available. The Doris Day room was a perfect place to relax before we went to San Diego. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the wet bar was useful and the pool relaxing. The only thing I would suggest to Dale is to replace the outdoor shower head. We preferred to use it rather than the shower in our room but it could use a little attention.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center so it not really "terrible" and the "spa" is a nice h...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank The-2-Jameses
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This was an extremely comfortable and relaxing stay here. The owner and manager not only made me feel welcome, they made me feel like I was family. This is definitely one of the most friendliest, classiest places I have ever stayed in and the rates were affordable too! Only a short walk to some of the bars or a quick taxi ride. If you are gay and looking for a place to visit, don't pass this one up! Stay here and get a day pass to All Worlds if you must but this is well worth the time and money. There are not enough words to express how satisfied I was here and I travel a lot. This place blew my mind! I look forward to returning here in the future!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Starting with a very warm welcome from Ron, I felt instantly at home in this place and enjoyed two days of TLC after three week's working in the US. With the constant sounds of tinkling water in every corner of the resort, plus laid back music piped throughout, plus the large pool, hot tub and steam room - if you can't relax here, you can't relax anywhere. I liked the whimsical statuary in the gardens and especially the chandelier strung high between two palm trees - a knockout example of style with confidence. The self serve continental breakfast is convenient and Ron has plenty of advice on other places to eat for lunch and dinner, as well as any other service you need. I was there for the regular Thursday night street market and can recommend that. I can also recommend the Palm Springs Aerial tram which whisks you to cooler heights in ten minutes.The only suggestion I can make is to have some bikes for rent - a great way to get around Palm Springs. Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo