“Relaxing and quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Desert Paradise Gay Men's Resort
Wenatchee, Washington
“Relaxing and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

Just got back from a relaxing stay at Desert Paradise. First time staying at this resort and was greeted to a nice garden type resort. The grounds are kept up well with many different types of Cactus, Flowers, Palms, water features, fish, turtles, sure I missed something. The owner, Dale and his staff were most welcoming and treated everyone well. Pool was great as were the Hot Tub, Wet Sauna, and Dry Sauna. While this is an older property it is well cared for and the owner is continually upgrading rooms to more modern features. The newest upgrades were on the north units with glass block showers and new counters in bathrooms. Looked very nice. My room, the Joan Crawford, was big and newly updated with the exception of the shower area. It still was nice in comparison to some. If you like a harder bed surface, the huge king beds will be great. I'm a pillow soft kinda bed guy myself but it was still really big and roomy.

If you are looking for quiet and relaxing, at least from what I saw, this is the place. No late night wild parties and soft relaxing music throughout the property during the day to relax around the pool to soak up the sunshine. Only issue I had was the in-room fridge which was rather loud turning on and off. Note: As I was checking out Ron told me new fridges were actually on order for the rooms as just another of Dale's continual upgrades.

While I did rent a car, the resort is an easy walk to downtown Palm Springs. Gave me an opportunity to walk some of the local areas which was a nice thing to do. If you need assistance finding things to do, Dale and his staff have lots of ideas. If all you want is sunshine and peace/quiet, you can find this here as well.

Great place to reccomend for couples. Thanks for a nice stay !

Room Tip: Rooms on the northside are newest with upgrades
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Andrew Z

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

We used to stay at Terrazo until they closed and needed to try other resorts. My partner and I spent a long weekend and had a fun time....wink, wink. The grounds are very well kept. The pool and hot tub appeared to be both in balance and kept clean. Water temp was perfect and pool furniture was also clean and functional. Our room was adequate and bedding was quite comfortable. We really couldn't complain, 'cept being from Las Vegas the room was a tad cool for us, we wanted to turn on the heat....lol. We turned the air off for our entire stay. WI-FI worked and was free. The only time we had contact with the staff was at check in and out, they were thorough and friendly. So we really didn't have any complaints and that is a great thing. We didn't partake in breakfast so we can't comment there. Unlike other comments, we found the resort playful....but mostly out of sight. It depends on the crowd. If things are a snooze, All-Worlds is a very short walk away, about 2 short blocks. We rate it a thumbs up!

Room Tip: We stayed in Barbra Streisand. Nice room close to the gate for parking and good view of the pool. Wi...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Craig C
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

My partner & I vacationed here for 5 days recently. We had a terrific visit. Friendly, very helpful, accommodating staff. The property is very clean and the gardens lush. Having breakfast by the pool very relaxing. It's also very quiet. We departed for home with our body, mind and spirit restored. We'll be back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank orsosfo
Manchester, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Found the resort very clean and well maintained . The host and staff very friendly .. The rooms well equipped and of good size .. The pool good size. Only negative is the salt water in the pool. Apart from that a nicely run friendly good location resort and well worth a stay!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank LowtonTravellers
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Eight of us planned and booked four rooms for a weekend getaway that I needed more than anything. My partner and I had my elderly father visiting for six months so you can only imagine how much I needed a weekend. After he went back home he became ill. I did all my homework and knew when to cancel, if needed, before cancel penalties applied. Fortunately, I did not have to cancel.

Ron, the Manager, welcomed us at check-in and gave us a tour of the place. We stayed in the Barbara Streisand Suite. Room was clean and comfortable, continental breakfast was good, the pool was nice and clean and we met some very nice people. We swam all day, rested, ate dinner, and swam in the evening. The grounds,decor, and gardens are beautiful. Bathroom towels are big and fluffy. All the rooms except one, were booked for the weekend. It was a mixed age group, 20's thru 70's, with the average age being 35-40. Most went clothing optional around the pool. There was no sex around the grounds or pool, THANK GOODNESS. If you want a sleazy place this isn't it, go somewhere else. Ron is happy to offer places to eat and things to do.

Our only little, teensie, weensie complaint? We wished they had more shade around the pool.

This was the same view felt with our friends who stayed in the three other rooms. We will all stay here again, we found our new favorite place to stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

I just wanted to say that my partner and I had a lovely two night stay at this resort.
From the time I called to make our reservations for our July 14-15 visit to Palm Springs and spoke to Ron I knew that I had chosen the right place. We're from the east coast and had never been to Palm Springs before. Ron and Dale made us feel welcome and at home. I called less than a week before our arrival but they had one room available. The Doris Day room was a perfect place to relax before we went to San Diego. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the wet bar was useful and the pool relaxing. The only thing I would suggest to Dale is to replace the outdoor shower head. We preferred to use it rather than the shower in our room but it could use a little attention.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center so it not really "terrible" and the "spa" is a nice h...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The-2-Jameses
BELLMORE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

This was an extremely comfortable and relaxing stay here. The owner and manager not only made me feel welcome, they made me feel like I was family. This is definitely one of the most friendliest, classiest places I have ever stayed in and the rates were affordable too! Only a short walk to some of the bars or a quick taxi ride. If you are gay and looking for a place to visit, don't pass this one up! Stay here and get a day pass to All Worlds if you must but this is well worth the time and money. There are not enough words to express how satisfied I was here and I travel a lot. This place blew my mind! I look forward to returning here in the future!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo