A Place in the Sun Garden Hotel
Ace Hotel and Swim Club(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$230
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$225
7 Springs Inn & Suites(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$156
Hotels.com
Colony Palms Hotel(Palm Springs)
US$440
US$405
Parker Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
US$662
US$520
  • Pool
Caliente Tropics Resort(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$232
US$204
US$180
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$290
US$162
US$111
  • Pool
Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$360
US$343
  • Pool
All reviewsbedroom bungalowputting greenlarge studioprivate patiosalt water poolfull kitchenother guestsowners and staffclose to downtownour home away from homepool areawonderful stayhot tublove this placeold schoolcontinental breakfastgrounds are beautiful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2011

This was our second visit. Both times we have reserved one of the corner bungalows that include a private patio/yard area. The rooms and grounds are immaculately maintained. The staff is very friendly and anxious to assist visitors whenever possible. For those looking for a quiet relaxing experience we would highly recommend A Place in the Sun Garden Hotel.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the corner bungalows because they came with a private patio.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2011

There are hundreds of hotel rooms in Palms Springs... None of them can match the experience that we enjoyed at A Place in the Sun Garden Hotel! Highlights started when I called to book my suite. Kyle was amazing on the phone and even better in person. Just from that one phone call, I looked forward to my vacation as well as meeting him, relaxing by the pool and then cooling off in my suite. Check in was smooth after shopping for sustenance. The suites are stocked with everything! My friend baked a 50th birthday cake in one of the bungalows... Kyle provided mixing bowls and measuring utensils. Did I already write AMAZING? We spent many hours floating in the saline pool (wonderful) and enjoying ourselves poolside. Thanks to Rosario and Anjelica (and probably others) our suite and the grounds were impeccable. We spent most of our time poolside. The misters made the heat bearable. The BBQ was the BEST. The poolside continental breakfast every morning was perfect. Loved the high quality poolside furniture including the ice chest side tables. Who would have thought? Did I mention free wireless? Loved the layout of the place all surrounding the pool.

Two suggestions for improvement: Much needed ice maker; block ice for the pool to cool it down; I know Kyle has to work but we wanted him to join our party!!!

Ask for the summer special one night free when booking three nights! Not available online so call Kyle and he will set you up... Pets welcome and treated wonderfully!

Room Tip: Bring an air mattress to float and ice...
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I've been coming here ever since I googled "pet-friendly Palm Springs hotels" about 8 years ago. It was a crapshoot, but ended up being a big winner. The rooms are so solid and cool, It's like staying in a home. And you can't hear your neighbors through the walls. Kitchens are fully stocked - including plastic cups for the pool, blenders, pots and pans and nice utensils. Yards are comfy with nice outdoor furniture, and some have lawns and Jacuzzis. Quality patio furnishings in the common areas. too Great BBQ, misters, tables by the pool that double as coolers (!), free pool towels that are big and colorful. And the staff. Well, they make you feel like family. Kyle and Joe always remember me (and my dog!) when I call. Kyle even sent me a beautiful card when he heard my beloved Doris the Chihuahua had passed. (She loved Kyle and always ran straight to the office in the morning to say hi to him...) Norma and Ron the owners are so nice too. They even sent cream puffs and flowers over last weekend for my big 50th birthday bash. It's quiet and peaceful (well not so much last weekend, hahaha! 30 people passed through to help me celebrate my b-day, and we pretty much had the whole place.) There is a great park at the end of Mesquite with a path to a waterfall, and it is pretty close to downtown. Anyway, you can tell I am a big fan. My only comment is I wish they would let the staff interact with guests more. Not everyone likes that, but we all did and I think it should be up to the guests to determine the amount of interactions with staff. I think some people like to feel like the staff is part of the experience.

Room Tip: Call for 3 nights for price of two Summer special
Reviewed 29 June 2011

What fun we had at A Place In the Sun. A Garden Hotel where rooms encompass the saline pool, misters showering us all day, comfortable lounge chairs with tables that double as coolers, a bbq and shaded area with tables, green grass, desert foliage, palm trees and a putting green. I felt like it was a house party for all your friends and family. Kyle, the manager was WONDERFUL and so accommodating. Rosario and Anjelica are the most caring, friendly staff members, who kept us stocked with supplies and clean rooms. There were about 30 of us there and we just floated in that pool for hours, laughing, catching up, getting reaquainted or meeting new people. It was a most memorable affair and I can't think of a better spot than A Place In The Sun. Truly an oasis!

Room Tip: some rooms have private backyard jacuzzi's
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Came and stayed at "A Place In The Sun" for three days in June '11 for my sisters 50th birthday. Greeted by the friendliest of staff and treated great. Kyle ran the office and was as helpful and hospitable. The rooms were cool, older structures that lent to the whole feel and charm of the property. Bungalows were laid out around the pool which created a very nice and open setup conducive to fun. It was 112 degrees when we got there but the rooms were cool and the pool inviting. This is a pleasant change of pace to the standard, gigantic hotel. This was more mellow, open and fun. Not 5 star stuff but that was OK with me because this was better. Everyone would come outside and swim and interact. Guests intermingled and opened up. It was a very fun experience. We basically arrived, shopped for some food and just planted ourselves on the grounds until it was time to leave!