Wow. This place is awesome. It's the bee's knees. Everything you've read is true. This place is so clean you can eat off any surface! So here is the short and sweet, since I actually wrote out a long, detailed, glowing review, and then my browser refreshed itself and I lost it all! But this is place is so worth it, I must recreate some of it. I’m probably leaving stuff out, but here goes:
* Friendly owners & staff = Norma was so gracious and understanding when we had to change our reservation last-minute due to a death in the family. Joe checked us in and was welcoming as this was our first stay (and definitely not our last!) There are books and DVDS in the office for you to check out for free. There is a binder in the room with everything you need to know about the complex, local restaurants and activities, too!
* Dog friendly = super clean carpet, my dog didn't smell anything to mark over (as instincts will take over no matter how house-trained she is), which means no dogs have ever peed here or they clean the carpets really well! Our dog usually doesn’t sleep all that well when she’s not home, but she slept like a baby here both nights!! That is how comfortable she was here! (and no, she didn’t sleep in our bed or on the couch, for those who are wary of dog-friendly places; in any case, they clean really well here!) $15 a night gets your dog in, with no hefty non-refundable fee of any kind. Now that’s dog-friendly!
* CLEAN! = Bedroom: firm mattress, plush pillows, soft sheets, warm comforter! Bathroom: whitest grout ever, freshly painted look, hairdryer, super white and fluffy towels! Kitchen: has everything you need - full size fridge, microwave, toaster, stove/oven, large double sink, coffeemaker with coffee, filters & grinder, dishware, utensils, pots & pans, dish soap and sponge! Just bring some foil and you’re set! Couch is clean, super comfy, smells nice ;) and is firm like it’s new. The saline pool and spa were pristine. Even the grass is clean out here!!! *eye roll*
* Windows = windows everywhere! So much great natural sunlight! And you can open all of them for some wonderful fresh (and quiet) air. Vertical blinds close them off for a good night’s sleep and to keep the afternoon heat out. And they’re so clean! We saw housekeepers cleaning the windows with squeegees. Really!?!?!
* Breakfast = the best continental breakfast I’ve had, served by the pool on the weekends. You think it’s hard to mess up a continental breakfast, but it’s all about the quality of the pastries/breads/cereals and the assortment of condiments, and this place takes the cake (there were two when I was there!) ;) On weekdays, you’ll find similar treats and coffee in the office all day.
We got bungalow #10, a 1bedroom with grassy backyard garden area with patio furniture. It has an excellent floor plan and is so spacious! There is a/c, ceiling fans, and old-school heaters that kept our room temperature perfect day and night. Lights and ceiling fans are on dimmer switches. There are lots of lighting options too if you need a nightlight! The parking area light was a great nightlight for us, we just opened the blinds a bit. We cooked all of our meals in the kitchen and on the common use bbq by the pool. There’s a TV in the bedroom and a flatscreen in the living room, both with cable (a treat for us since we don’t have cable) The neighbors were friendly but not overly chatty. Some of them were staying for multiple weeks (lucky dogs!!) This place kind of makes me hate our home. Seriously! If my hubby could have called in sick to work, we could have easily stayed an extra day or two or three… It’s obvious that the owners take pride in this place, and I’m happy to give my money to them!! I could go on and on, but I ought to get back to the daily drudgery of work… *sigh* You MUST stay here!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our bungalows at A Place in the Sun will make you feel like this is your home away from home. All units have private walled garden patios and fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. Light and bright, with spectacular grounds and mountain views. Eighteen single story bungalows on an acre of lush lawns and fragrant gardens surround a heated salt-water pool & spa. There's a poolside gazebo with BBQ and custom micromist system. Also a professional artificial turf putting green. Putters and balls, along with an extensive movie and book library, are available in the office from 9 to 5 with continental breakfast items, all complimentary to our guests. Vintage Palm Springs, great location & views. Pet-friendly and family friendly. Extended stays welcome! A Place in the Sun is also great for events or reunions. Call for details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo and HotelsClick so you can book your A Place in the Sun Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.