“WOW!”

Ranked #5 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Sedona, Arizona
“WOW!”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My partner and I are currently staying at A Place in the Sun. I almost don't want to give it up, but WOW! This place is absolutely fabulous. Peaceful, beautiful pool & grounds, and the bungalows are charming. The owners, Ron & Norma are so full of sunshine, you just want to hug them!

I travel the world, and I have never met a couple like Ron & Norma, regarding the way they pay attention to you as the guest. Wonderful! You easily see that they are genuine and passionate about your comfort. We are celebrating our 15th anniversary and we are so pleased that we chose this property to do so. We are a male couple, and were concerned that this property would not be completely open armed to that, but to our delight, they are more than welcoming to us. My partner and I do not particularly enjoy the "gay resorts" and typically choose something else.

The bungalows have private patio's, some with beautiful yards, depending on how much you want to spend. But from what I have seen, there is not a bad bungalow in the whole place. So happy with this place!

Peaceful beautiful property, amazing owners that make you feel like family. Historic quaint bungalows, ...I know where I will be staying whenever I visit Palm Springs!

Historic because of it's tie to the film "A place in the Sun." Fabulous...

Room Tip: All the bungalows seem to be fantastic. The only one that some may have an issue with is #1, because...
1 Thank Joseph C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Seattle
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We selected a Place in the Sun for our dog; few hotels permit dogs. Abbot loved the place with interesting other dogs with which to sniff and play. Beyond the dog aspect, we were pleasantly surprised in our experience at A Place in the Sun. It was superbly maintained, clean, quiet, and attractive. Our expectations were surpassed; we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will endeavor to visit again.

We particularly liked the pool and spa setting with ample umbrellas to create shade. If you want a relaxing place with beautiful gardens, pool and spa, this is the place!

Colfax
Reviewed 10 March 2012

A Place in the Sun was wonderful, very clean, beautiful grounds and Norma and Ron were the best hosts you could have. It is a great location, very quiet and within walking distance to the downtown area. I loved Norma's cookies and lemon bars. We hope to return some day.

toronto, ontario
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Lovely location, you can walk to town We did on our first day but it can get hot
A perfect spot close to golf, the town, shopping everything. We had never been to Palm Springs and spent a lot of time before booking trying to figure out on the net how far away different areas were from town. Glad we booked A Place in the Sun.
The swimming pool was heated to just the right temp and the hot tub was hot!
It's a quiet spot, not near any super busy roads, free parking available and the rooms are nicely done. We had a one bedroom that was terrific, great kitchen Everything was clean The owners were helpful and Joe on the desk when we phoned to book was terrific. Sometimes I find if I phone I get as good if not a better rate than though the net and you get a sense of the hotel, or the staff anyway.
We can't wait to go back and stay longer Most guests were older and some planned to stay for a period of time over the winter which seems like a great idea. I'm back to -3 degrees.

Room Tip: Look at the map of the property on their web site aplaceinthesun.com Ask Joe for help the units a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My daughter and I went to Palm Springs for the first time and were lucky to find A Plave in the Sun.. Beautifully maintained with a great pool. Owners, Norma nd Ron are delightful. Close to town and all the great events in PS.
Barbara

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dana Point, California
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We found APITS years ago while searching for a pet friendly place. This tops them all. The dogs are welcome everywhere except busy holidays when they may not be permitted poolside. Most of the "rooms" have a patio and small yard that is dog convenient. Rooms are clean and well furnished and the new flatscreen tv s are great. We did not have much look getting the wifi to work. The pool and misters are excellent. Terrific DVD and book selection. Extremely quiet but short drive to town. It is a vintage building so don't expect Four Seasons room, but it is clean, quiet and convenient.

Room Tip: Get a room with a yard of you have a dog.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Sidney, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This was my first visit to Palm Springs. I chose this hotel because of Trip Advisor recommendations, and I was not disappointed. It's a classic, set on a quiet street of finer homes. The Place is quiet, clean, bright and comfortable. The grounds are immaculate too, with enough space to breathe easily. It's located right next to the Riverside Trail, which is flat and paved on one side (compact dirt on the other). Norma, Ron and Joe are wonderful hosts, always helpful and smiling. I was very sorry to leave after only six days and am hoping to come back again for a longer stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in Unit 1, which is beside both the office and the housekeepers' supply room. The noise...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family