“Perfect”

A Place in the Sun Garden Hotel
Ranked #5 of 21 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 January 2005

This place is perfect for budget-conscious travellers who also value quality and comfort. The experience from check-in to check-out was almost idyllic.

• Stayed: January 2005
1  Thank NCN

La Crescenta, Calif.
Reviewed 19 January 2005

A Place in the Sun is a hidden bargain in old Palm Springs. The facility is classic mid-century, with low slung ,airy ,well spaced accomodations and grounds that are colorful and perfectly maintained. The rooms are pleasing and fresh and the towls and pillows are piled high. Ron and Norma,your hosts, treat you as if you are guests at their home. Be sure to include a weekend so that you can partake of Norma's fabulous quiches.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 January 2005

We stayed at A Place in the Sun 3 nights, Dec 1 - 8, and couldn't have been more pleased. Very peaceful quiet setting with great access to all the local shopping and restaurants. Beautiful mountain view from the room and pool. The owners were were very friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are tastefully decorated and comfortable. Being from the midwest we went right to sleep that first night as soon as we arrived early that evening! That was one of the best night's rest I've had in a long time! This was our 1st anniversary trip and A Place in the Sun was an perfect beginning to a great CA trip. I loved the pool and the brunch that is served on the weekends is an experience in itself.

1  Thank Shirley J
Long Beach, Ca.
Reviewed 17 December 2004

A Place in the Sun Motel/Hotel is the best place to atay in Palm Springs.
My wife & I have been to A Place in the Sun every other month for the last 5 years, we have never been disaponited on each and every stay at the resort. The contential breakfast each and every Saturday & Sunday by the pool with all the good food and coffee you can eat and drink. The owners and staff are always ready to please and pamper each and every guest!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 November 2004

I stay at A Place in the Sun a few times a year with friends and family and each time I visit I find a new reason why I love it. There are 16 units, all are ground level, and most are one-bedroom bungalows with a real kitchen and a backyard (and, if you live in So. Orange County like I do, you'll find that the bungalow's yards are bigger than most in "the OC"). There is also a bigger unit with 2 bedrooms and a private jacuzzi in the yard. Each room faces the beautiful grounds and pool. In big, multi-storied hotels, going to the pool mans lugging everything possible with you because going back to your room is a major journey. At A Place in the Sun, your room is just a few steps away from the pool, so you don't even have to lock your door while you're out there. The management is fantastic and accomodating. After you've stayed there a couple of time, it's like you're part of the family (and the 1st time you stay, their hospitality makes you want to come back again). We always seem to have a special request: early check-in, late check-out, last minute room changes, etc. and they're great about it. It's a quiet, relaxing, get-away destination. You can bring your dogs with you and it's a great place for families. You could even stay there during Spring Break and not see a single Frat Boy. I know that a couple of people had negative things to say in their reviews. I can only assume that they must be difficult, hard to please people who throw tantrums when their unreasonable requests aren't instantly granted. I've spent a lot of time at A Place in the Sun, I know how they treat me and my family and I've seen how they treat other guests. The treatment that the complainers describe just isn't believable. The next time you visit Palm Springs, get a room at A Place in the Sun. You'll be very happy that you did and you'll have discovered a place that you'll go back to time and time again.

4  Thank AJHolland
Mission Viejo, CA
Reviewed 19 November 2004

It has become a tradition in my family for us to spend my birthday week at A Place in the Sun. For 1 week every June about 10 of us, plus our dogs, head to Palm Springs. We have been going to A Place in the Sun faithfully for about 4 years now, and we try to average 3 to 4 trips here per year. The rooms are perfect. I get the 1 bedroom bungalow with living room (couch folds out into a bed) dinning area with table and chairs, kitchen (sink, stove, refrigerator), separate bedroom (bed and TV) , and outdoor yard/patio that has a table and chairs and lounge chairs. The yard is perfect for our dogs and for the kids to play in. You are feet from the pool area from every room there and the views are gorgeous. It's perfect for the kids too, you are steps away from your room witch makes naps, lunch and everything else quick and easy. I have had exceptional experiences here with the owners, staff and other customers as well. The owners and staff are friendly, helpful and very accommodating, plus they remember their customers, which seems rare these days. I consider this my hotel and will continue coming here for years to come.

• Stayed: November 2004
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Downey, Ca.
Reviewed 18 November 2004

I rate A Place in the Sun Excellent because for me,it is the perfect place to relax.It is a great place for our family and friends to gather. You can cook in, or you can go out to eat..and..there is also a barbeque for those so inclined. The units encircle a garden pool area and the pool is not chlorinated..It has a saline purification system, so it is easy on the eyes and hair. On the weekends a breakfast bar is set, and you can sit around the pool and chat with the other guests and enjoy your coffee and bagels. Some guests bring their pets, and keep them in the private patio .(each room has one)..We call A Place in the Sun our secret place, because parking is on the outside, and it is only when you enter the gate that you realize how special it is..