“HAD A GREAT TIME!”

A Place in the Sun Garden Hotel
Ranked #5 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 September 2009

We have stayed here several times and have always had great service. The rooms are always clean and tidy. The pool and pool area ard pool are always clean and there is a bbq to use if you want. This labor day weekend Norma and Ron (the property owners) hosted a bbq for all the guests free of charge. It was greatky appreciated by all. You know they are doing something right when most of the guests are repeat customers.The best thing is we get to bring our dog!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for A Place in the Sun Garden Hotel

Reviewed 28 August 2009

I chose this hotel for a quiet getaway. It was NOT! The window unit air conditioner is noisy, a beacon light shined in all night from the outside above door lights that are automatic. No maid service, the bed was never made and no clean towels. Kids floated on rafts in the spa, so I was unable to use it. The toilet quit working, the coffee pot brews 2 cups only and then you need to shake it for it to start again. I was so disappointed, my getaway was anything but restful. I would not return as all of the units are like this.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank Sandraca
sellps, Owner at A Place in the Sun Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2009

It just breaks our heart to get a review like this, because there isn't much we can't take care of for a guest if they communicate any problems to us during their stay. I wrote this woman such a lengthy response to complaints she decided to let us know about AFTER check-out, and even invited her to come back to allow us to make this up to her. We don't want anyone going away unhappy. But she unfortunately chose this avenue to air her negativity. The only complaint this woman had before checking out was that her toilet wasn't flushing properly. Our maintenance man was there within five minutes of her request, and took care of the problem. The other complaints she had could have just as easily been taken care of, if she wouldn't have waited until she got home to tell us about them. The a/c is a newer unit with a remote control, but instead of calling the front desk when she apparently could not operate it properly, she chose to instead write this negative review on TripAdvisor. After check-out, she also complained about no maid service, but she had two dogs (staying for free!) in our tiniest little unit. She was only here for two nights. The unit was clean and cool at check-in, so there was only the opportunity for one maid service. Our exceptional housekeeping won't go in if dogs are unattended in the unit. I could go on an on about the major renovation we've done this summer, and how happy 99% of our guests are, as evidenced by the huge volume of repeat business we get. There is unfortunately that 1% that come in with a chip on their shoulder, and nothing you do will make them happy.
Norma and Ron Van Meeteren, Owners

Reviewed 18 June 2009

Do not let the modest and bland exterior appearance dissuade you. Once inside the gates, this pleasant garden hotel is owned by a welcoming couple with a very accommodating staff. This fastidiously clean and comfortable hotel is furnished in a similar way to the way how such places were furnished in the 1950's - a tropical getaway. This hotel dates from the 1950's but has been very well maintained by the caring owners and is wonderfully comfortable. Did I say they take dogs? Yup, and it does not smell like they do. Lot's of thought and care are evident (like the lighted makeup mirror on the vanity). I enjoyed the touches of the 50's that are evident throughout the hotel, with the modern upgrades that are so helpful (like a great hairdryer in the bathroom). A great hidden jewel in Palm Springs - Alleluia!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2009

I reserved the whole hotel for my birthday party. Family and friends were there for two nights. Norma and Ron were the perfect hosts for our group and went beyond our expectations. I did not hear a single complaint from anyone. We wanted a hotel that was small, a good Palm Springs location and had a warm welcoming atmosphere. When I first walked onto the grounds and met with Norma and Ron I knew this was the place for us. It has a 1950s retro feel about it. They keep the grounds immaculate and the rooms were spotless also. The staff of Joe and Mark were great. Simply said, an outstanding weekend at a great quiet hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 26 March 2009

If you like the smell of Orange blossoms drifting through the air with quite and peaceful relaxation you'll love, A Place In The Sun. This quant off the beaten path B&B is the best. You have a bongalow with back yard if you want to do private or go out your front door to the
common area pool.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Modogga
Reviewed 14 March 2009

I have no idea why Tripadvisor lists "Place in the Sun" as a B&B and Desert Riviera (listed as No. 1 Hotel) as a hotel. Place in the Sun has much the same size and layout as DR, but many of its rooms are larger and some amount to suites and one unit is actually a full house, and Place in the Sun is way off the busy main road. The quality and the experience is absolutely tops at Place in the Sun.

A Place in the Sun is a treasure of a hotel, extremely quiet, and very special. My family has been there five or six times, sometimes with Grandma. Each time we all loved it and were sad when we had to leave. This latest trip was to get my brother, visiting from 18 degree Chicago into a wonderful warm place for a few days.
We had a wonderful unit with separate bedrooms,

The unit was light and bright with very attractive and comfortable furnishings and a full kitchen. The view out the window was amazing...with a profusion of colorful flowers blossoming all over and perfectly tended lush grass. The pool is big and warm and has both shallow and deep ends. The hot tub was just right. My brother's eyes glazed over as he sunk into the hot water, and looked up past the palm trees to the snow capped mountains. I'm not making this up.

Weekends, they serve a great breakfast out on the covered end of the pool decks. A large BBQ is available for your own grilling if you like.

It's a short bike ride or hike to the rich and entertaining main street of Palm Springs with all the restaurants and stores and the spectacular Palm Springs Art Museum. Every tourist and outdoor activity is close by.

The owners are like good friends. They, and their staff do everything to make your visit comfy.

Oh yes, great WiFi, an office full of borrow books, DVD's and tapes and tasty snacks
and drinks.

It strikes me that I should just erase all this and keep it to myself...but the folks at Place in the Sun deserve a great review.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2009

This was my second visit to this delightful hotel and it was just as good as I had remembered. The comfortable rooms surround a lovely garden, pool and jacuzzi. There are no chemicals used as both pool and jacuzzi use natural salt water. The owners and staff are sincerely warm and helpful. And dogs are welcome too!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo