“The most relaxing getaway stay that still makes you feel at home”

A Place in the Sun Garden Hotel
Ranked #5 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“The most relaxing getaway stay that still makes you feel at home”
Reviewed 5 May 2010

A Place in the Sun was not only close to Downtown Palm Springs, it was a mini-resort itself. I swear I could've stayed there all weekend. The rooms were VERY clean and had updated items like iPod docs. I was staying the biggest suite, so the full kitchen and jacuzzi in our backyard was amazing! Not only did I wake up to the warm, Southern Californian sun, but there was also breakfast outside near the pool that included bagels, fresh fruit, juice, and even chocolate cake! The pool was very nice and they provided huge beach towels for us! Overall this was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in, if not the best. Go! You won't regret it.

• Stayed April 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 22 April 2010

A friend and I went to Palm Springs for a short vacation and I booked A Place In The Sun Garden Hotel online. The hotel itself is small, only 20 rooms, and of the 20 only 4 were not repeat visitors. It was very quiet, very lazy; there were no small children screaming and pretty much everyone there was low-key. This sounds terrible for a party weekend, but it was terrific for a relaxing stay in a home-like atmosphere. They provide an excellent breakfast as part of the room fee on Saturdays and Sundays; there is a hot tub and a medium-sized salt water pool. Lots of opportunities to laze about in the deck chairs, free movies available in the office to watch if you can't find something on cable; small walled back patios for every room. Overall, an excellent place where I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Santa Monica
Reviewed 14 April 2010

We had a 4 days stay in this hotel, and we loved every minute of it. The place is clean, cheerful, quiet and private. I loved the little private backyard that comes with every cottage. My boys enjoyed the saltwater pool, the breakfast was delicious, and James was more than helpful whenever I had a question or needed help (first time in Palm Springs). I would never stay anywhere else but here when we visit Palm Springs again. One of our best vacations ever!

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed 22 March 2010

As so many other reviews mention - the place is very pretty, the pool and grounds very well maintained. Fantastic bbq area, and the owners put on a great spread for lunch on the Thursday of our 5 night stay. Good selection of DVD's to borrow. Very quiet - located in a residential area, but close to everything.

We stayed in a standard studio, and it is very small if you're staying for more than a few days. We did a lot of tripping over one another, particularly using the tiny kitchenette.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 10 March 2010

Prior to traveling with our pets, I do extensive research on pet friendly lodging. We went to Palm Springs for the first time last summer and stayed at "A Place in the Sun Garden Hotel" owned by Norma and Ron Van Meeteren. I had the pleasure of interacting with Norma. She is extremely friendly and goes out of her way to be accommodating. Their property is quiet, private, off the beaten path and has a "tropical" atmosphere. We stayed in a bungalow that had everything we needed including kitchen, living room, large bedroom, and plenty of closet space. Our pups especially liked the fully enclosed garden patio which gave them the freedom to go in and out as needed; that feature, in particular, was an extremely high priority to us. The following October, we returned to Palm Springs for a special celebration; we wouldn't have considered staying anywhere other than "A Place in the Sun".

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
colorado
Reviewed 9 February 2010

This is the fourth year we have returned to A place in the sun. When we arrived it truly felt like we were home. This is obvious to us because the people we meet are people who return every year. This jewel of a place is in a residential are just minutes from downtown palm springs. each bungalow has its own private patio plus kitchenettes. You wake up to the sound of birds singing in your backyard. you can either sit outside on your private patio or sit by the beautiful salt pool and have your continental breakfast, on weekends there is brunch by the pool. Norma and Ron the owners cater to your every need. i have environmental issues and the owners and staff went the extra mile to make it safe for me. Our friends joined us this year ,because we shared how much we loved this place. When we arrived after them they walked up to us and said " how did you ever find this jewel"? and it is truly a jewel in the desert.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed 3 February 2010

This is my favorite place to stay in Palm Springs. My husband and I can pack up the dog, hit the grocery store and park the car and relax. We love the pool, the BBQ and the quiet. We have stayed here many times. The rooms have a nice little kitchen so you can prep your own meals. I have a very specific diet so for me this is wonderful. I also love that we can bring our pup. When you want to get away for a quick weekend finding a dog sitter is tough or expensive.. so being able to bring her is wonderful.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet vacation.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple