Hotel California
Ace Hotel and Swim Club(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$196
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$202
Parker Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
US$527
US$391
  • Pool
Hilton Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$192
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Colony Palms Hotel(Palm Springs)
US$323
US$288
The Saguaro Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$210
Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$203
  • Restaurant
US$198
  • Pool
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$287
US$255
US$154
US$126
1,654 results
All reviewscommunity kitchenpink champagnelucy and jaycommon kitchenshared kitchenguest kitchenhot tubdvd libraryfree snacksfully stocked kitchenbbq areatour of the propertyfeel like familyfire pitfresh fruithome away from homeother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2011

This is a wonderful hotel, with a lovely laidback, cheery vibe, and most importantly, out of this world customer service from the owners Larry, Patti and Lucy their daughter who is the general manager at this hotel. They offer many complimentary extras, a limo airport transfer, the guest kitchen with snacks, coffee ,fruit, water, beer, free use of the laundry room, and you can use the limo service to go out for dinner ( just tip the driver, Jay). I stayed in the casita which is supremely comfortable and has everything you need for an extended stay, 2 very comfy queen beds with beautiful linens in the bedroom, walk-in shower in the en suite ( with really good water pressure in the shower), tons of storage space in the master bathroom's built in wardrobe to hang your clothes, there's also floor to ceiling drawers, 2 flat screen tv's ( with sports channels so the Brits like me can watch Premier League football!) , a full kitchen with all the accessories so you can cook for yourself if you wish, a small terrace out back with a gas bbq and table and chairs, and a private back gate to enter/exit the property. There is also another bathroom off the living area with a bath and shower over. The room was spotlessly clean, and the owners clearly take pride in their property, it's an absolutely wonderful place for a holiday with plenty of character, i don't think the website photos fully do it justice ( although i think they are in the process of upgrading the website). Plenty of room round the pool as there's only 13 rooms at the hotel so it never felt busy, pool towels, beds that get the sun for the majority of the day, pool floats, sun tan lotion. The hotel is an easy 20 minute walk to downtown, or a 15/20 minute walk to Ralphs supermarket ( for those that don't drive, so it's easy to get about) , the bus stops very close by, or you can use one of the free bikes offered by the hotel. It's easy to see why the owners have so many repeat guests here and at their other hotel. I've never been made to feel so welcome at a hotel, and have people that genuinely care about everything being spot on for you to have an enjoyable stay, the customer service is the best you'll ever experience (and believe me i've stayed at some fancy places and none come close to the service offered here). I defy anyone not to fall in love with this place. I certainly didn't want to leave and look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Perfect for solo travellers, very secure.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2011

My husband & I just returned from a fabulous 4 night stay. This place is a gem & I am almost reluctant to speak so highly of this place for fear I will never get reservations when we return. First, the grounds are lovely, tropical and quiet. Our room and others I saw was large with microwave and mini frig w/complimentary water and soda. Most of the room features were brand new: the bed, carpet, t.v w/ DVD. We had a table, chairs and chaise lounge right outside our door where we could take in the mt. views while enjoying fresh brewed coffee and fresh fruit from the guest kitchen. The hotel is located within walking distance of restaurants and if you so desire, there is complimentary limo service to the cute dnwtwn area. The best part, though are hands on owners Larry, Patty and daughter Lucy. They could not have been more gracious seeing to our needs, answering questions and giving suggestions. You can't go wrong with this pick!

Room Tip: upstairs rooms provide better views of mts.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2011

This is such a beautiful hotel, albeit small and quaint. I went here with my friend for a weekend and we had a blast! The two owners are great and so helpful with anything you may need. There is even a free limo service to drive you right into downtown. The location is great and everyone is so friendly!

I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2011

My fiance and I had a weekend off and had nothing but a few hours to book a room. We called nearly every place in Palm Springs and they were either at capacity or way too much money...then we found Hotel California!
Not only were their rates completely reasonable, but their manner both on the phone and in person was outstanding. We arrived at the hotel about a quarter to 9 and were welcomed by Jay, the resident complimentary Limo driver, who offered us beer or wine within seconds of our arrival. We were given a tour of the porperty and introduced to the common areas which we were free to occupy at any time, including I might add - the 24 hour heated pool and hot tub. There was also a kitchen with snacks, and beverages which we were free to use any time. Night one we took advantage of the FREE limo service as Jay shuttled us downtown. When we got back we thought for sure we'd be missing out on something if we didn't use the pool at 1 in the morning, so we did!

We stayed at the hotel Friday and Saturday night. Because all the rooms were booked, we had to stay in two different rooms. This didn't disrupt our weekend plans in the least though, because Patty, (owner), ensured us the maid service would move our bags once they cleaned the room, to our new room. Sure enough - we went to breakfast and for some shopping, and when we returned, about 3 hours later, we entered our new room "The Romantica," (seriously amazing room) complete with all of our belongings in place: pillows on the bed, clothes hung in the closet, and bathing suits in the bathroom.

I could go on and on and on describing each detail this family was sure to take care of, but this might be a novel by the time I was finished. If you are looking for a romantic get away, with no kids - oh yes, another fabulous part of this hotel - no children allowed. I absolutely LOVE kids, I want 12 of them for my own, but I'll be honest, when I go out of town on vacation, I typically do not want to share the pool with first time swimmers, whiners, splashers, or runners. There is nothing relaxing about that. This hotel is ideal for a quiet get away. The little details, Larry, Patty and their awesome daughter Lucy, didn't miss a beat on, made all the difference. As we celebrated Easter out by the pool, we were greeted with an Easter Basket which the somebunny left on our AC unit. Another thing that blew our minds, was they have a complete library with current books, magazines, and DVD's (as each room comes with a DVD player), we watched the King's Speech and I was thrilled to have fabulous reading material while out at the pool, with my People Style addition and Shape magazines.

Last but certainly not least, they have beach cruiser bikes for your use. We borrowed the bikes which were pulled out for us and stocked with locks, and ice waters (because, it get's really hot, and your water will have melted down enough to drink by the time you need it, Larry explained...naturally!) .

God - I'm sure I'm leaving something out. Heated pool, enough lounge chairs for all, classic music streamed through the "rock" speakers, community like environment, fire pit, candles, and so on and so forth. All 12 rooms surround the pool and to quote my fiance, "It was like Melrose place, without the drama."

PERFECTION - I want to be back there RIGHT NOW!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmJo11
Reviewed 28 April 2011

All the reviews that we read gave this an upbeat rating. They are all absolutely right, this hotel is right up there with the best of them. Thanks to the all the family.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple