“Can it be better?”
Review of Hotel California

Hotel California
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 3 August 2013

From the first moment we entered the office, we felt welcome like coming home to good friends. We were offered beer, wine or soda which was perfect on a hot afternoon. The hotel is small and intimate, and is like a tropical garden in the desert.

Complimentary bevarages and snack in the room, fully equiped kitchen downstairs with all you need of sauses, spices etc. and two large BBQ's. Always fresh complimentary coffee and water.

Towels and sun cream by the pool made it easy to hang out by the pool even after we checked out of the room.

Nice litle room available to the gusts with computer, printer and even fre international calls.

Amazing place ran by amazing people!

We'll Be Back! (o:

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,632)

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Ann-Marie and I looked for weeks for a Palm Springs spot, settled on Hotel Calif cause there wasn`t one bad review. It was perfect to sit by the pool, sit in our spacious room and relax...
The full kitchen was a new twist for me and loved it. Cook whatever you want, very different for me.
Nice people, great place. I plan on stopping in again!!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Tripadviser ranking and reviews were spot on. My girlfriend (now fiancé) and I stayed at Hotel California for our anniversary! From the moment we arrived, it was pretty clear that this hotel was the right choice for our romantic weekend. The Hotel's Staff were extremely helpful, warm and inviting. They rven greeted us with wine upon arrival and sticked our room with snacks. We couldn't believe what we got for our money. They (quite simply) try harder and have definitely earned our repeat business. We're definitely coming back!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel July 23-26, 2013. I chose this hotel after reading (and re-reading) tons of trip advisor reviews for many hotels in the Palm Springs area. When we arrived, Kelly greeted us and offered us a cool drink, checked us in, and gave us a tour of the hotel. We were delighted to find that the hotel has a beautiful communal kitchen. We took full advantage of it. A short-less than 5 min- drive away is Ralph's; a large supermarket. We picked up breakfast items and made breakfast in the kitchen each morning and dined poolside. It was lovely. We also took advantage of the vast DVD collection and watched a couple of movies in our room. We used the bikes to explore the neighboring areas. The pool is small. But then again it's a small hotel. The most amount of people that was at the pool during our entire stay was SIX!! Usually, it was just us and maybe one other couple. We spent a lot of time sitting poolside and soaking up the heat. It was pure heaven. If you want a big flashy hotel with kids "cannonballing" into the pool- this is not the hotel for you. If you want peace and quiet-look no further. Our room was lovely and immaculate. So I will just add to the reviews that praise this hotel. Believe the reviews. This place was awesome!!!

Room Tip: I was told that there is a "treehouse room" which sounds adorable. Maybe next time...
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The Hotel California is truly a unique experience. My husband and I stayed there for a few days between his trips to Afghanistan. We really needed a place to relax and rejuvenate and this was it! It's the perfect place...quiet, friendly, inviting. The ambiance of the pool area is wonderful, we loved being able to use the refrigerator and kitchen, and the staff, especially Lucy, are friendly, full of knowledge, and very accommodating. We enjoyed having access to bikes to ride around town. The hotel is conveniently located to everything. The room was nice though sparsely furnished, but we really didn't spend any time in it. We found ourselves wanting to get the 'touristy' stuff done so we could just get back to the hotel and relax around the pool or hot tub (yes, we even used that in July!). We are looking forward to another trip to Palm Springs and we definitely will stay here. If we could find a hotel like this everywhere we travel, that's where we'd stay. Smaller is definitely the way to go!

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

My hubby & I took a couple days to relax & rejuvenate... And celebrate our 10 yr anniversary. Hotel CA was the perfect place to do all. The customer service was 5+. Kelly, Lucy & Tracy were always around to help with restaurant recs and anything else we needed help with. This is a place we wish we could have stayed another couple nights. I've been telling all my friends about hotel CA and how wonderful the place is. Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

What a fab hotel - it really is like a home from home. We stayed here as part of our 25th wedding anniversary trip and are so glad we did. All the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, but special mention to Lucy who goes out of her way if there is anything you need - advice, restaurant recommendations, golf tee times, nothing is too much for her. The hotel has a small courtyard and swimming pool (towels are provided). There is a small kitchen where you are encouraged to just go and help yourself to anything that is there. They also have barbecues if you want to do this instead of going out to eat. Nothing (and I mean nothing) is too much for them. The room was great, the pool was great, the staff were fabulous (can you tell we liked this place??). They have a sister hotel (which I believe has a bigger pool) but I got the feeling that it wouldn't matter what hotel you stayed in you would be treated like family regardless. Can highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for somewhere to stay in Palm Springs.