“A definite oasis! Beautiful, quiet, friendly place to stay”
Review of Hotel California

Hotel California
Ranked #2 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I was beyond impressed with this hotel. When I was searching for a place in Palm Springs I was worried. These motels turned retro had me thinking it would feel super modern or feel like a motel. This did not. First we were picked up by their awesome black/orange limo with Harley Davidson interior. And it was free to use for dinner when we needed it. Then we arrived at our hotel. When we walked in the beautiful trees surrounding everywhere! It was just beautiful. Larry, the owner, took us on an awesome tour of the hotel and we met our new neighbors and found a few nests with mama and baby birds. Larry was a blast to talk with and all of the staff was soo friendly and helpful. All of the rooms are spread around so it feels even more private. A full kitchen so you can cook and store food. They have lots of fruit, red vines and coffee/tea available 24hrs. The pool and hot tub is also avail 24hrs. We stayed in Room 15 just off the pool. Sliding glass door which really had such an open airy feel to it. We had our own kitchen which was fantastic for us since we ended up spending a lot of our time at the hotel just lounging. The hotel is gorgeous at night. They set up tea lights every night around the hotel, there's a little fire pit table towards the front and it's just realllly romantic. I highly recommend this place and I can see why everyone else does as well. I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cece m

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was our second visit to the Hotel California and once again it was great to stay there. Larry picked us up at the airport. On arrival we met up with Lucy and Michael who also gave us a warm welcome. All was great during the week we stayed there. Larry keeps an up to date stock of DVD's which we made use of in the evenings. The WiFi system has been upgraded since our last visit and worked very well. The cleaning staff did an excellent job and were very friendly. We are planning to stay there again next year during our third visit to Palm Springs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hotel California. From the welcoming arrival to the morning I left early and the pool cleaner helped me put my bag into the car it was a great experience. The courtyard and pool are delightful, and the owners attend to every detail and explain where everything is so you instantly feel right at home. Little touches like lighting candles on the patio tables at night and the fire pit table made for a beautiful atmosphere around all the gorgeous plants. The owners gave me great information about Joshua Tree and other nearby attractions, and assisted with getting some flowers delivered into my room while I was out during the day. Also the full complement of bicycles for guests to use was a great perk! I highly recommend Hotel California and will definitely stay there the next time I am in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: I was right next to the pool on the ground floor and it was never too loud or rowdy, so I think any...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We loved this place. Very nice welcome from Lucy with a chilled glass of white wine or a cool beer at check in. room was upstairs and was a good size with a decent fridge. Nice patio area outside. The pool area has sun beds and chairs with lots of nice foliage. At night they light lots of tea lights which creates a great ambience. There is a well stocked kitchen with all the bits you need but don't want to buy like salad dressing mayo etc. loads of dishes and glasses plus fresh coffee and grapefruit in the morning. There is also the fab Harley stretch limo driven by Kirby to take you into town. Best of all are the staff who do their best to make your stay enjoyable. They will lend you binoculars give you iced water for trips etc and at night will circulate with wine or beer for those who are sitting out. Larry is great fun and the rest of the team Patti KC and mike all do their best for you. We met and chatted to lots of great people and would definitely return here if we were staying in Palm Springs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Mellow and relaxing, couldn't have found a better escape, KC and Larry saw to it that our stay was stress free and enjoyable. Also as a side note if you want a truly Palm Springs dining experience, check out Spencer's at the P.S. Tennis Club, another high point is exploring Indian Canyons Oasis just south of the hotel

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

This was my favorite hotel experience ever! They treat you like family (only better!). Enjoyed every minute of our stay. Everything is immaculate, the bed is super comfy, the gates are locked at night so you can sleep with the windows open. The snacks, wine, water, anniversary champagne, pool floats, suntan lotion, fruit, bicycles, and friendly guests which this place attracts are just what makes me planning to come back with our best friends. Thank y'all again!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed at the Hard Rock for 3 nights with the kids, ages 12 and 7 and we will be going back real soon.
Amanda (with the Blue Hair) checked us in at the front desk. She was so attentive to our needs and extremely helpful. Give her a shout out if you see her there!!! She totally ROCKS!!!!
The valet guys are awesome, they are quick and on top of their game. The guy with the enlarged earring holes, forgot his name, but Totally ROCKS !!!
And last but not least....The bedding......Ahhhhhh!!!!! The bedding is sooooo incredibly amazing, that I went down and asked if I can purchase it!!! True story!!!
Everything about this place was 5 star. Great staff, great atmosphere!!! We Love this place!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family