“Had a great stay.”

Ranked #53 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Delta, Canada
“Had a great stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We booked (unfortunately only one night) and were met by the most pleasant desk clerk who showed us around and made us feel totally welcome. The room was small, but very comfortable, the bed was great, the pool nice and relaxing. The Happy Hour martinis were a nice touch. Unfortunately we were given only one key, which caused a glitch later on... but no matter - we highly recommend it and will definitely stay there again. Oh, and the Internet worked flawlessly, BTW!

Room Tip: When swimming in the pool, we put our clothes etc on the chairs and table near the pool, not realizi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

We liked the location of this hotel and the mid-century modern vibe. I asked for an ungrade as it was my husabnd's 65th birthday; they said they would get back to us but no one every did so depsite there being two of the townhouse suites avaialble near us we had no luck with this request. I don't mind if they turn me down but at least have the courtesy to get back to us. Also we paid a great deal more than some [people we were chatting with at the pool. That being said, the room was small but comfortable, the location was great and the breakfast etc. welcome and plenty for us.
We would likely come back but I wish they commnicated better,

Room Tip: near the pool or on one of the large patios upstairs
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Etobicoke, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel is everything I wanted.

You are staying in a remarkable work of architecture, but an acclaimed architect Albert Frey. It was designed in the 1930s and look how well it has stood the test of time.

I liked staying in a small boutique hotel, but it is advised to arrive before 7 so you can check in without any hiccups.

The pool was heated, clean, and wonderful. It's a bit close to the rooms, but it's best to be respectful when you take a dip at 2am. The pool towels were very plush!

The happy hour with free wine and martinis was such a nice surprise. It's great to meet your fellow guests this way. It was my kind of breakfast too: simple but fresh.

I love the location in the Movie Colony. If you love mid-century architecture, you want to stay here. It's walking distance to downtown, as well as the design district.
And there are free bikes to use.

The bath products were excellent and from Aveda.
My room was small but I didn't need the space. I booked the cheapest room, there are many others to choose from.

The staff were absolutely delightful. A+++

I plan on returning, I really really loved this hotel.

Room Tip: Near the pool can be noisy, as it room 23. But I never really found it that bad.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank rro
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

My first stay here first impressions it was very quiet quaint modern friendly. A lot of older people but I like it no noise at night. Its private no one bothers u I like that it's adults only no screaming kids anywhere to be found. I got an upgrade to a two story townhouse it was very nice. I will def stay here again. P.s. the Mexican restaurant next door has good food as well and they deliver to ur room and the food was good.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tiestofan1
Fair Lawn, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Great place to stay and very friendly people. Good service, nice surroundings, terraces or patios in all rooms, very private, nice decor and relaxing pool area. Free breakfasts, happy hour, parking and close to main streets.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Monica S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed there two nights at the end of March and loved it. The hotel was designed by Albert Frey and it looks amazing. We met the owner who is really nice and always has a good story to share about the glorious days of Palm Springs. Every evening, happy hours outside to enjoy a glass of wine and chat with other guests. The pool is ideally oriented and it looks really good. As nice as the Ace hotel, but without the hispter crowd and the price. +++

• Stayed March 2014
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We just had a couple of night stay at the Movie Colony, it was okay, the location was pretty good for central Palm Springs. We had a paid pre booking through Expedia so the price was okay, not as good as we thought it would be for what we got. We were given room 23 second floor at the end of the outside walkway, not a bad room, but it was right next to the Mexican restaurant next door, so if you don’t mind loud Mexican music all afternoon and evening then the room won’t be a bother for you. The room came with a small refrigerator which was handy, the air conditioner was a under the window type loud enough to drown out some of the mariachi music from next door but not quite! Although it was really too loud to leave on for long when we were inside the room. Overall the room was clean the bed linen was clean and fresh. The bathroom was clean and tidy, although the main carpet in the bedroom could do with a bit of a clean as it is showing some stains.

The breakfast was cereal and bagels, coffee and orange juice with some fruit so adequate for breakfast. They did service wine and martini mix around 5.30 which was nice but it would have been that bit better with a few crackers and cheese. They have a nice pool and Jacuzzi area, also some bikes you can check out which is nice. The couple of the staff members we interacted when we checked in and spoke to around the hotel were friendly and nice so no complaints there. Parking is outside the walled perimeter so no security for the car, there is a side gate you pretty much enter and exit from.

Monday morning nice and early around 7.15am the cleaning crew came and was washing down the walkways outside the room, and so it was just as well we didn’t want a lie in but I guess they have to do it sometime, trouble was they washed the table and chairs down so it was a bit wet to sit and have breakfast on them later on. All in all not a bad stay, but I have to say room for improvement, as I had mentioned in an e mail earlier to them it was a quick visit for our 33rd wedding anniversary they said wonderful they would really take care of us when we arrived in their reply I guess we are still waiting! But to be honest I didn’t expect anything nor did I think they would do much especially as we got a cheaper rate with Expedia. I guess I would have been upset paying full price to listen to the restaurant next door as the music does go on till 11pm and of course people are loud while having their fun there.

We generally like to check out and stay in the small hotels around town 2 or 3 times a year out in Palm Springs so as there are still plenty we haven’t stayed in, I doubt we shall be back any time soon.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the rooms that are next to the Mexican restaurant unless you like to listen to the mu...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple