“great hotel”

Ranked #62 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Phoenix, Arizona
“great hotel”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

The price can't be beat, the staff is friendly and helpful. The pool is great and the management is fabulous. Will totally stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We recently spent one night here, and I would never go back. The first problem came when we went to the room we were given. It had not been cleaned at all, bed clothes on the floor and empty cups etc on the tables. We were given another room, but recieved no "sorry for the mix-up" The room was ok, nothing really to complain about the cleanliness etc, a standard room. But we started to notice there were suddenly lots of people around, especially in the pool. When I went to get ice, the machine didn't work. I went to the office and asked if there was another machine and was told that there was, but it was empty also, as the people in the pool area fill up large coolers and use it all up. We tried to watch the NASCAR race on tv, but we unable to find the channel. The office even sent up a tv channel list, but it did not match the tv's buttons. After coming back from a trip out to eat, we found that even more people had arrived, and they had even brought their own full- sized gas grill and were grilling and drinking. I had hoped for an evening swim, but decided it was best to stay inside. Sleeping wasn't easy as I kept getting the smell of vomit. When I went out the next morning there were people still sitting in the walkways and steps, as well as cups, cans and trash around. We did have a good, simple and inexpensive breakfast at Carrow's next door. I would not reccomend this hotel, there are many more, closer to the center of town that are surely better managed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I spent last night (May 17th, 2012) here. Check in was friendly, took a couple of minutes for him to get the computer to find what he wanted. Found room 108, ground floor near the office and that was OK. Got checked in and went to the room dropped off my things and went to eat at Carrow's across the parking lot. Coming back, I went in and watched TV for a while then decided to make a call. Put on my glasses, but couldn't make it per instructions. Called O and got front desk who said that he would have to make connections for me and that would take about 5 minutes, while on the line with him I told him that I noticed some small black bugs running on the desk and he said "Oh ya, others have commented on them before, they come in through the vents from the palm trees around....(huh?). I told him at least I don't see any on the bed, but only on the desk. At this point I had probably killed about 15. He just said OK to my comment. I hung up and waited to make my phonecall. Finally made, I tried to go to sleep, but soon after laying down I felt something crawling on my shoulder. I got up and went into the bathroom to see if it was my imagination or not..... it was a small black flying bug this time that I killed on me. I checked around the room to see if I could see any more, but didn't. I finally went to sleep with my head away from the desk just in case. In the morning I got up and out of bed on the bathroom side to shower, when finished I picked up my clothes and then my shoes from under the chair, turned around and sat on the side of the bed near the desk. I had rolled the desk chair over infront of the window, in the dark, to block some of the cold air from the air conditioner from blowing directly on the bed. I looked onto the floor and saw something that without glasses looked like a thick piece of yarn about an inch long. I went to pick it up and realized it was like a catepillar worm. When I got finished dressing was ready to check out, I took the room card and picked up the worm on it to take it to the front desk. I told the young man there that this worm was on the floor in my room, and he said "and so you thought it would be a good idea to bring it here?" I said yes, that I thought that someone incharge should know about problems that people have. Now he gave the excuse that "while they are cleaning the rooms they leave the door open and it could have gotten in then". I found it unbelievable that they have an excuse for everything here and they aren't even "QUALITY" EXCUSES!!!!

Room Tip: MY TIP: don't stay here! However Carrow's was very good!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RICHnCALongBeach_CA
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We hope the CEO of the Quality Inn chain reads this review. At $200/night, we didn't expect what we got, and that's not a compliment. Stained carpets, curtains with holes, only one facial tissue in the tissue dispenser, a toilet that dated from the 80s, the soundproofing of a port-a-loo, even lint was placed (!!!!) by the cleaning lady in the center of the bed as - we think - decoration. We had to leave a note for the cleaning staff to place more tissues, soap, shampoo since this didn't happen the first day "cleaning"' happened. We travel a lot and we've stayed in hostels and five-star hotels and we certainly knew this was not going to be the best hotel ever, but we expected much, much more giving what we were paying. Would we return to this hotel? Let me put it this way: camping at the Coachella Music Festival is a better option. I almost forgot: the Quality Inn doesn't have a restaurant, what you get is a 10% discount at the nearest restaurant, Carrow's, which is not even a Denny's. And to top this off, people at the reception desk looked and acted like they were getting below minimum wage. Least helpful and nice staff, ever.

Room Tip: Do you want a good room? Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Have stayed here several times, (some of the other guests were regulars too) and despite what other reviewers may have wrote, we have always found this hotel/motel to be very acceptable, and clean enough, not perfect but very acceptable for its age, and the staff friendly and accommodating. The hotel has clearly been making efforts to undertake improvements to the pool and rooms and has further renovations planned. If you want somewhere quiet to relax by the pool (not in the least bit crowded during weekdays) - this still has the best pool area in palm springs and is the best place to come. Not a party atmosphere, at least on weekdays so if you want that there's plenty of alternatives elsewhere - the pool closes at 10pm and is now promptly locked by security to allow those around to have a restful night. The mattresses in our room were getting a bit old, but for the excellent price it can't be beaten.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wayne a
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I wish I can give 3.5 stars on tripadvisor. Well, this is a road trip from LA to Palm Springs, Joshua Tree park and Cabazon outlets. I tried to bid some resorts on priceline but maybe because it's spring break so I have no luck. We end up getting this motel from expedia. The location is ok and it's only a few miles away from the most vibrant part of Palm springs and lots of restaurants. Check-in process is fast, but it's strange that they investigated your infomration in great details, including cell number.

Like usual motels, the room doesn't smell good, and security is a bit of concern for paranoids like me. But in general the room is clean, and LCD TV works well. However the air conditioning is super noisy and we've to turn it off a night in order to sleep. And one morning at 8am the housekeeping maid knocked on our door and woke us up. And we felt really tired the whole day because of the poor sleeping quality.

Basically speaking you will get what you paid for. Next time I will probably spent more time on priceline, and tried to bid the Reinassance or other nicer places.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 28 March 2012

No TV channel guide even after a request to staff--they preferred to sit and talk with each other rather than print up a new guide for customers. Remote was not programmed to the TV set. Electrical plugs fell out of the sockets and there were insufficient wall sockets around bed area. Opening the pool at 7am and allowing children to scream as they play is not a good idea--maybe have someone police the area since parents aren't responsible anymore. This place is basically a tear-down. You try to keep it clean and do the best you can but it is old and tired and dirty. At night we heard the person upstairs walking back and forth. We also heard the room next to us--bad acoustics. So do you think we will ever return--not likely.

Room Tip: find another inn.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple