“Sleepless nights”

Quality Inn Palm Springs
Ranked #62 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This hotel is by far the worst hotel experience. Frond Desk guy was nice and friendly and everything was smooth until we got into the room. Outside of the room and parking lot is total dark. All the lights are blocked by trees so you can't see your car. As this area is pretty safe so that is not a big deal. The real big deal we found that if someone is the whole block opened or closed their doors the glass windows are shacking and making huge noise. First night we were very tired after 500 miles driving but 2nd night was almost sleepless. Beside that you can hear every single conversation the couples are making on the other room or on the upper floor.

Room Tip: I wouldn't suggest this hotel. There are plenty of cheap hotel around this area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Saitan
Art F, Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was a very disappointing stay due to how my credit card was used by the front desk staff. We were billed twice. We paid cash and still had the authorization post as a charge to our account. Our trip was seriously disrupted by time spend with the front desk staff, the manager and on the phone with our credit card company. The owner/manager related that it is her policy to hold funds at time of check-in as she rather have the ability to charge and refund than not get paid. As to actually having the account paid in full in cash and also having that charge post as a charge to the credit card, she said it was her employees’ fault being inadequately trained. Either the check-in desk person for not taking our cash at check-in when we said we didn't want to put it on our card, or she said it was the morning check-out person for charging the credit card while accepting the cash, or it was the fault of the night audit… Just because your invoice shows there to be an adjustment to your card’s authorization for the amount you pay cash, make sure to check with your credit card company as in our case that “adjustment” in actuality was our being charged twice. The level of training and proficiency in the Desert is seriously lacking and with income disparity and a bad economy, be alert for crime. While beautiful, the Desert has become the Wild Wild West . Crime is a concern for both locals and visitors, be cautious, aware of surroundings, and stay away from Desert Hot Springs, Palm Springs, neighboring town, a very dangerous and unsafe place.
The room was well apportioned and comfortable. Another disappointment, this Quality Inn does not include breakfast with stay, offering instead a 10% discount at the adjoining Carrows diner. Refrigerators and microwave are available in certain rooms. Our fridge could have used a bit of cleaning. While we did not use the pool (there was an extremely cold weather snap that week in December) it was well-heated and comfortably warm to the touch.
If you encounter billing problems with this establishment contact the Choice Hotels Corporate “Executive Line” of customer service rather than the regular customer service number.
The lack of Hotel training by this particular Quality Inn made it a very unpleasant visit, I would have given it a better rating, but with no breakfast and failing front desk clerks this hotel failed my expectations.

Room Tip: Request a room where you have a view of your vehicle. Always check your credit card online before...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Art F, Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

As I tried to explain to you when you stayed here there is a difference between a charge and an authorization. When you checked in you said you would be paying cash at the end of your stay. Since we did not have the cash up front our computer automatically authorizes a one night’s stay plus a $30 incidental authorization. This authorization which is not a charge, drops when you check out or pay cash. It will still show pending on your account until your bank removes it. We have to authorize the card to be assured there are enough funds in an account to cover your stay. This is standard procedure. I as well as your bank tried to explain this to you and your partner but you would not listen.

We tried everything in our power to make you satisfied including refunding your rewards points for the second nights stay. We are sorry this not help.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The first two days of my four day visit were very good. I don't think this place gets the good reviews it's entitled to. My room was tastefully decorated and very clean - no bugs! The staff was nice, and the grounds are quite lovely. The linens were snow white, the TV worked well, as did the fridge and microwave. The problem is the same no matter where you stay.....it all depends on the people/pets in the rooms next to you and above you, and wow, did I ever have a nightmare experience on my 3rd night/day with people next to me leaving 2 dogs alone for over 12 hours.....they barked constantly the whole time-actually animal neglect in my book. There were many, many dogs there (including mine) who you never heard a peep out of because they were owned by responsible people! On my 4th night the person(s) above me must have been doing gymnastics ALL night long - constant thuds and footsteps. As I have cancer and need to get enough rest, this whole ordeal took its toll on me and I couldn't wait to leave. But as I've previously mentioned.....this is a nice place with good staff, nice amenities and an excellent location. Everything worked and was clean and pleasant. Great place if you have a dog (and you don't go away all day and half the night leaving it alone in the room to bark!).

Room Tip: Couldn't say.....it all depends on who is booked next to you and above you. It's a large...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for the kind words. I remember speaking with you about the problem with the dog. I did ask the people to leave as I thought it was very irresponsible to leave the dogs alone while being gone for an extended period of time. Unfortanately we could not find accommodations for them at any other hotel. We try to make everyone's experience as pleasant as possible but as you mentioned it is hard to screen our guests.

I am sorry to hear about your health condition. Get well soon and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I thought the hotel was nice and quiet and I slept great! The front desk staff was helpful and speedy. The pool area was well maintained and the hot tub and heated pool felt great after a long day golfing! The grounds were well maintained and was nearby to downtown and other places that I wanted to be. The location was very safe. The price was incredible. I will stay here again!

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty close to the pool. I can understand why you would want to be near the pool but...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for giving us such a nice review. We do appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We have stayed at other Quality Inns around California. This one was "different". It needs an overhaul...paint, small repairs, etc. BUT the room was clean and neat, and everything worked. Bed was pretty comfortable, fridge worked, bathroom area was not too cramped, and the a/c worked.
We don't spend too much time in the room - we are normally on vacation to sightsee, not stay in a hotel room..LOL..but while we were in the room, the wi-fi worked great and it was comfortable.
Hotel staff was friendly, and the price was right for a quick weekend getaway. They also give you a coupon for a discount on breakfast at the adjoining restraunt.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your feed back. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My Sister In Law and I stayed here for a week in November. Our reception was great. Brian at the front desk really knew the City well and provided us with all the information we needed to make our stay fun. We also had friends come and visit us and they were very accommodating by placing them in the room next door. The Hotel is very old and has been renovated a number of times but it's clean, maid service was great and the pool and hot tub were sparkling clean. The outside grounds are very well maintained, swept and other people's pet's poop picked up by the following morning. Shame on them because I have a little dog and it's as a result of naughty pet owners that the good ones suffer. Come on people why can't you pick up? I see the gardners daily checking for pesky tiny ants. Just bring some Raid. I'd recommend and certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated one. Not all of them are.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for giving us such a nice review. We do appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have stayed here many times before and the friendliness of all staff makes it a very pleasant place to stay. Rooms are spotless and comfortable. Location is first class. Swimming pool area is excellent with plenty of space, loungers etc. There was a wind storm whilst we were there and the staff were running around and working hard to get everything back to normal and clean for future guests. The Manager can't do enough to please and ensure your stay is memorable. We will certainly be staying here on our next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms at back are good as they give nice view of park and mountains.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Art F, Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response. I am going to share your review with my staff. It is nice for them to know they are doing something right. We look forward to seeing you again.