“Poor Service”

Ranked #62 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Ceres, California
“Poor Service”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The hotel is a little tired and it could have been cleaner. My biggest complaint was the maid tried to barge in about 8:45 AM (there was no “Do Not Disturb” sign in the room) and then never returned. We were out of the room by 10:00 AM so there was no excuse to not return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. First I would like to apologize for the housekeeper coming into your room so early. I am going to bring this up to our executive housekeeper and have her go over the procedure for checking rooms. This was not acceptable.
Again I thank you for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Merced, California
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed in this hotel over the weekend of April 25-28, 2014 while we attended Stagecoach 2014. The overall upkeep and maintenance of the hotel is generally lacking. Peeling paint, rugged parking lot, etc. leave a traveler feeling that the hotel is very run down. Door to the room could use some new weather stripping - lots of light coming thru at the sides. The locks felt a bit flimsy. The room was clean and the basic necessities were provided. The beds are very hard - which I know some folks like but left me with a sore back. They provide plenty of pillows though which is nice since some hotels skimp on pillows. The pillows were of decent quality as well. The hotel staff were friendly and quick. Our blackout curtain came down from the ceiling and the maintenance staff were there within a few hours to repair the curtain. Water pressure in the shower was adequate and the hot water heats up quickly. AC/Heater unit worked wonderfully and wasn't too loud. (In fact, it probably helped drown out some of the noises from other patrons.) Would have been nice to have a small microwave to go along with the fridge but no complaints about the lack of microwave overall. I didn't use the pool so I cannot comment on that. Noise between rooms on the same floor is minimal. Noise from patrons in the rooms overhead was loud. (Were they practicing their line dancing?) There is a Carrows restaurant right next door (that provided VERY SLOW service). The hotel does not have a restaurant but they do provide a "delivery" menu for various restaurants that deliver for a fee to the hotel. The restaurants that deliver seem to be a wide variety so that's nice. I suppose I expected a bit more from a Palm Springs hotel but the price just couldn't be beat for hotels over the Stagecoach weekend. Hotel was about 20-30 minutes from the venue depending on traffic.

Room Tip: Probably best to ask for an upper floor room if you are strong enough to haul your belongings upstai...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leenie1965
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. We do appreciate your comments. We are in the process of working on the outside of the building as we do know this is an older property.

We do hope to see you again soon.
Dublin, California
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Overall I think the most impressive part of this hotel is the staff. They were all extremely friendly and accommodating to me when I called ahead of time with questions, when I arrived to check in, and when I called the front desk from my room. The staff deserves high praise! Seriously, I've been in "nicer" hotels and treated like I'm invisible, but the staff here at this hotel were all fantastic.

The hotel itself needs some renovating. It's decent and gets the job done but the wear and tear is very apparent. Our door was a bit warped and made a loud noise when opening and closing, there were cracks in the walls/ceilings, the furniture is dated, etc... Another issue was that our toilet and bathroom sink was slightly clogged (it worked so I didn't bother calling maintenance) but it definitely needed attention and I'm surprised that the cleaning staff didn't at least notice the sink.

The view of the mountains are really nice and there is a Carrows restaurant in the same parking lot which had good food and service. The hotel is closely located to downtown and about 20ish minutes from Indio... for Coachella! I'll probably try to find a hotel closer to Coachella next year but if that fails then this is my official backup!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alex W
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would especially like to thank you for your kind words concerning our staff. I will pass this review along to them. We do know our property is a bit dated and are in the process of doing some renovations.

We hope to see you again soon.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The only thing that is preventing me to give a higher rating is the physical condition of the buildings (needs repainting on the outside and the caulking on the bathtub needs replacing, among others).
The saving grace of this Inn are the staff and the location. After checking out and was having breakfast at Billy Reed's (was just trying to avoid the Carrow's beside Quality Inn), I got a call from the staff telling me that they found my friend's wallet. So, we drove back and picked it up and was very grateful to them. I can overlook the faults as long as I feel safe with the staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank leather_panda
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. We have just started to do upgrades and hopefully you will notice it on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again.
South Dakota
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We do recommend the Quality Inn Palm Springs. We have a nice 4 night stay there with our Dachshund!!!! She loved the grassy park area on the Inn's west side.

The pool was the high point! Very clean, very well maintained, good temperature, great lounges!!!! Highly compliment the maintenance staff.

The Inn could really be nice with some redecorating and paint everywhere, new furniture and even some new doors and trim. The Inn could go either way... get a lot nicer or a lot worse..... the pool and landscaping are nice.

We still recommend the Inn,,, nice an helpful staff, good parking, quiet rooms

Room Tip: Ask if there are newer nicer rooms... The dog rooms are a bit worn, but were definitely clean
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do hear you and are in the process of doing some upgrades to the property. We do hope to see you again soon.

Again thank you.
Durango
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The pool area is way above average for this level of hotel chain and our room was cool and quiet. This property shows its age, needing paint and upgrades, but landscaping is first-rate and it remains a good value. A large park-like grassy area borders the hotel which is great for pets. Adjoining neighborhoods are nice for a walk or run. No breakfast, but a great coffee/breakfast spot called Koffi is just two blocks away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive feed back. We are an older property and we are in the process of upgrades. We hope to see you again.

Art Flores, CHA
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The Quality Inn, in south Palm Springs, is a good choice for those looking for a moderate price, a terrific pool area with beautiful views, a room that is not upscale, but very comfortable, and a caring staff. From the couple who manage the place too every member of the staff, they are off the charts in customer service.

Room Tip: Maybe choose a room at the back,with beautiful views of the mountains
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Onward8
Thank you so much for your nice review. We know it is easier to write a review when you are upset rather than pleased. We look forward to seeing you again.