“VERY PLEASED!”
Review of Del Marcos Hotel

Del Marcos Hotel
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 3 July 2012

WOW! The Del Marcos Hotel has become the only place we'll stay when visiting Palm Springs. It's like going back in time to the 60's & 70's retro furniture. The place has only 16 rooms with no two alike. We loved the fact that there's no smoking allowed in the rooms or on the property. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Laura the General Manager was very nice and answered any and all questions about places to eat. In fact she probably knows more about Palm Springs and the history than just about anyone. Leticia the head of housekeeping made sure we had everything we needed. Not to forget Skyler along with Lisa who checked us in and made sure we were happy with our room. Free internet was a plus being so many hotels still charge a fee. Complimentary bicycles were available to us but not in 105 degree heat. It's location is one very short block from Highway 111 the main drag. I can see why Sunset Magazine named the Del Marcos Hotel as one of the best places to stay in Palm Springs.
We loved the Del Marcos Hotel so much we're headed back in August for our 3rd stay in less than 3 months.
Check them out at www.delmarcoshotel.com

Rich Anderson

Room Tip: Go to their web site and check out the rooms. No two are alike!
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very proud of what my staff and I have accomplished over the past year and having wonderful guests such as yourself are our
greatest reward!

Reviewed 1 July 2012

This was my second stay at the Del Marcos and I look forward to staying there again. The manager, Laura, was especially friendly and helpful. The saltwater pool is soooo relaxing under the stars in the evening. There is a lovely offering for breakfast, with fresh fruit. The rooms have a feel for the era (1940's) in which they were built. The courtyard access is restricted at night with a handsome night manager, Schuyler, to attend to your needs. Downtown Palm Springs is just a few steps away but the motel is quiet and relaxing. I recommend the Del Marcos highly!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

I appreciate your compliments and enjoy knowing that we were able to make you a happy
guest. I am often told that the Del Marcos has a nice friendly vibe to it. It is due to guests like you
that help create our comfortable atmosphere and help make it an enjoyable stay for all.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I just returned from staying at the Del Marcos and have to say it was one of the best stays I have had in Palm Springs in years! We go for a girls weekend every year and have tried many of the boutique hotels in the area and found this one to be our favorite! The staff was amazing! They were so helpful and willing to do what ever it took to make our stay enjoyable. We had set up massages one of the days and instead of making the masseuse shelp up her massage table to the second floor, Laura (the manager) opened a room downstairs for her to use so that we could also still use our rooms when our friends were getting their massage! That was way over the top for service! She was so nice and made our stay that much more enjoyable. The room we stayed in Oceans 11 was huge! There were 4 of us ladies and we had plenty of room to sit and relax. It has a kitchen, which was really nice for making those little cheese and cracker plates for sitting by the pool. It also had a nice size fridge for storing water etc. The beds are super comfy and the linens are so soft! I especially liked the pillows! The only bad thing I can say about the room and it is minor was that it needs another mirror, maybe a full size mirror near an outlet because 4 ladies sharing 1 bathroom is a little tricky. We made it work no problem but that would be a nice addition to the already amazing room! Also another shelf in the bathroom for storing make up bags etc. would also be a bonus. All in all though it was a wonderful place to stay and I am already planning on booking again next year! We have found our place!! Oh and one more thing, no kids! I love that! It is so hard to find adult only places but this place has an 18 and over policy. Don't get me wrong I love kids, I have 2 of them but its so nice to get away with the girls and have a quiet place while sitting by the pool. Thank you again Laura for making our stay out of this world!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shannon M
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments.
Your group was a special treat!
I honestly enjoy watching our guests have fun and enjoy themselves while spending time
with friends and family.

General Manager.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

For a first time Palm Springs visitor this hotel was great! Free drink on arrival, evening happy hour, great simple breakfast, free bikes to get around town, conveniently located - great stay!

The 18+ policy kept the hotel nice and quite at all times. And their air conditioners in each room worked wonderfully.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

The delmarcos hotel is a beautifull hotel and has a marvelous salt water pool.I just stayed at the delmarcos hotel a couple weeks ago ,a friend of mine just got married..I have to say that we deserved a better customer service from the staff,the general manager was barely on the property,we always had to reach her by phone and we felt an uncomfortable vibe from her
.We always communicated with a lovely young lady Lisa!We were also not very happy about the incident with the groom and the night guy that was working that night.The night guy tyler was very rude and could have had more self control then cursing at him.But the rest of the staff was very patient and helpfull with the large group that was their to celebrate an amazing wedding.The wedding was amazing the Dj was great and the food was wonderfull and i have to say the rooms were very clean and had comfortable beds.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

First, let me start off by thanking you for your positive comments concerning our housekeeping and Innkeeper Lisa. We work hard to maintain the hotel and I am very proud of my staff and our accomplishments.
Now, to address your complaints,
I'm sorry you felt uncomfortable during your stay with us. I cannot think of a single incident where I addressed you or anyone else in an unkind manner. It is however, my responsibility to insure all hotel policies are upheld and sometimes that can put me in an uncomfortable position and make me not so popular.
You felt my customer service was lacking and you felt I wasn't around much. I know you were busy celebrating and most likely weren't paying attention to me unless you needed something so I'm sure you didn't realize that between Friday & Saturday, I was on property a total of over 20 hours. Friday, I checked most of the guests in, answered questions, gave directions and stayed late to clean the patio area for the event the next day. I even brought out a bucket full of champagne for all to enjoy. On Saturday, I arrived early to oversee the entire wedding setup. I left shortly after the “I Do's” around 6:30pm and returned at 9:30pm to help with the replacement of the patio furnishings. When you were looking to eat after midnight, I ordered and even volunteered to pick up the meal, until the restaurant mgr offered to deliver. I left the property at 1:45am. I'm not sure what more you expected or required of me in the way of customer service, but I take great pride in my customer service skills and if you were needing something all you had to do was ask. You mentioned I had to be called several times. It was twice on Sunday and once on Monday, both my days off. I did however, come in both of those days briefly to check on things.
Now to address the incident in which you felt the night person “Schuyler” should have been more in control of himself when dealing with a particular guest . You are right, two wrongs never make a right and we wish he could have been more patient. That being said, it is very hard to be patient at 1:30 am with a highly intoxicated guest who is verbally abusing you, causing property damage and bad mouthing your manager who also happens to be your mother.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I have been going to Palm Springs for long weekends for last 5 years and I would never stay at the same hotel twice since there are just way too many boutique hotels in Palm Springs. This is my first time staying Del Marcos for memorial weekend, and I booked a month ahead for Ocean 11 room, the only room sleeps 4 people. The manager, Laure, is so helpful and friendly, and she went out of her way to make sure I got the room with special discount. The hotel’s location is central, with 50s vibe, and the architecture itself is incredible if you are into the midcentury modern. The room could use some update since it was built in 1947, but for what we paid, it’s great value.

Room Tip: I would prefer second floor room if one is sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rosweet
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Booked entire hotel for 3 days. This location provided my daughters dream wedding. Not enough adjectives to describe this wonderland of rooms and views.