“love this place!”

Ranked #39 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Santa Maria, California
“love this place!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I love this property! Every time I come I feel at home and that I'd love to own a condo here. The condos ate spacious and though older kept in good condition. Kitchens are well stocked. Comfortable furniture in living room with plenty of dresser and closet space. Nice patios include gas grills. Washer and dryer in garage of out 2 bedroom condo I love the extra touch of 2 bikes included in the garage. The property itself is a nice bike ride but they also have several nice bike trails close by. They have 8 pools which is nice, we were near pool 3 and had it to ourselves until the last afternoon. The grounds are well kept. The staff is friendly and helpful. They do have group activities but they all happen before 2 pm. I would highly recommend this place. The waterpark is close by as is the downtown area. Location is great! Easy drive to downtown and Rancho Mirage and Palm Desert.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nancy O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We chose to come to Palm Springs through our timeshare ownership. We had banked a week that we needed to use. It was our first time ever in California! We were all very excited. We checked in a day later than what our reservation was. Check-in was very easy. We had a 2-bedroom condo. We were disappointed that the condo wasn't clean.... Dusty.... The carpet was filthy.... The windows, the entrance...It was nice that the resort had several pools and we visited several. Our first evening at the pool, other guests by the pool were smoking marihuana around several kids. Our children are under 14. They were asking questions..... People can do whatever they want, but in a public area with children?
The resort is very quiet and relaxing. Not very crowded. We enjoyed our stay: it was a great family week. Would we visit Oasis? Probably not.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Ellada H
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked through one of the big-name discount sites. Upon reading the email confirmation, I realized that I had no control over what room (studio, one or two bedroom) or bed (king, queen) we would be given, even though in the "notes" section I had requested a king bed in a standard room. All was at the discretion of the Oasis Villa Resort. We were assigned a "murphy"-style queen bed in Studio room. There was no phone listing or way to contact the Resort and the money was non-refundable. Even the big-name discount site tried to cancel my reservation and get my money back but could not. The facility itself is average, nothing special. Moral: Oasis Villa Resort may be a viable option but contact them directly and ask questions upfront. Don't book online through a discount site.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hollace B
England
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Our first visit to Palm Springs and we couldn't have picked a better place to stay. It is in a quiet secluded location a few miles from downtown....truly and Oasis of calm. Our 2 bed villa was well equipped and extremely comfortable. We were close to the main pool and clubhouse but it was never too busy and everyone was very friendly and civilised !! The staff were always helpful and we didn't get hassled at 'll during our visit. There is a Vons supermarket about 2 mins drive away. If you are there during the baseball season it's worth going to see the Power......we had great fun.

Will be back to Palm Springs........and the Oasis!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Loll
JABoughton, Director Inventory Management at Oasis Villa Resort, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so please your enjoyed your first visit in Palm Springs with the Oasis Resort. Please come back and visit soon.
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We came to the hotel 30 years ago an it was nice then but 30 years later the resort was even better I loved loved loved my stay I will defiantly come back with my family it was just to short needed a longer stay just beautiful grounds loved it we will be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rosina B
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 June 2014

First, the good: lots of pools, spacious units, very nice Activity Director (Anna). Next, the ok: units are fine, but could use some updating. Some minor maintenance issues.
Now, the bad: My wife and I are here with our six-year old. We thought the other guests would be older folks and families. We are in a two-bedroom next to pool number 2, which seemed like a great location. Maybe not. This morning, we were awaked by loud screaming from the unit upstairs that lasted for quite some time. After an hour or so, I heard the people upstairs leave, which was a relief, but when I went out to the car a bit later, there was trash scattered all over our shared driveway area, including half a partially eaten pizza in our driveway. Alright, so not everyone is perfect. We enjoyed a little time around the pool until it was basically taken over at about 11am by a group smoking, drinking heavily and using so much loud profanity that basically I felt I had no choice but to take my daughter and leave.
After they left there was peace for a short time, but after that, a huge extended family came in and took over the whole pool area complete with a large, loud stereo. There were 18 of them at last count and more relatives keep arriving straight from their jobs for the huge party. Right now it sounds like a frat party out there. As a matter of fact, it sounds like a frat party even inside our unit with the door closed.
You know, everyone should be able to enjoy themselves, but not at the expense of other guests. So far, this place is simply overrun by people who show no consideration of anyone else. We've never experienced anything quite like this, and it is absurd.

Room Tip: I wish you could hear the noise level in our room....simply incredible.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank hongisto
Dear Guest,

I can understand your frustration regarding other people behavior. Oasis offers 8 different pool locations and 9 different jacuzzis. We always hope that every pool area can offer something different to each individual. Please accept our sincerest apologies.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was our fourth visit to Oasis as Vacation Internationale owners. This was our first stay in a 1BR unit. We checked in late on Memorial Day and were met by a polite security guard at the front desk. We were initially issued unit 5B (upstairs) in Circle 1. We found the unit had not been cleaned and was not ready for occupation. Upon returning to the desk the security guard questioned whether we were sure the unit was not ready? Yes, absolutely sure. We were switched to 4B (I think?) but the guard said this was for one night and we may have to move tomorrow. Uh, not going to happen once we've moved all our stuff in. Thankfully we resolved this the next morning without issue.

The unit itself is showing quite a bit of wear but everything functioned properly. There was cracked tile in the kitchen and bathroom, walls were patched but paint wasn't touched up, large carpet stain in the living area. etc. The unit definitely needed a more thorough and detailed cleaning.

We'll certainly be back (see my previous reviews for details), but will most likely stick with the 2BR units.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple