“Good Experience, But Very Old & Run Down”

Marquis Villas Resort
Ranked #57 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Simi Valley, California, United States
“Good Experience, But Very Old & Run Down”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We got a great deal on Amazon to stay for two nights here and I'm glad we did it. The room is huge…more like a one bedroom condo and has a full kitchen, living room, and a huge master bath with a walk-in closet. The condo was clean, but VERY old. The carpet in the entire building is terrible like other reviewers have mentioned.There were a lot of people in the pool area, but the water looked a little cloudy to me when I walked by it in the early morning. We were supposed to get a room with 1 King size bed, but instead they gave us one with 2 doubles. We don't mind sleeping close, so that wasn't too big of a deal to us, but both beds were ridiculously uncomfortable! Overall, my husband and I had fun on our vacation and had a decent place to stay. Just don't go expecting a luxury hotel and I'm sure you'll have fun too!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Downey
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

When i heard resort i imagined it would be better of what i got. the carpet old and ripped. the beds also old and made a lot of noise. everything was clean but old. If you are looking for luxury this isn't the place to do so.the pictures in their website show really niece furniture but the reality is other...all old furniture and mattresses

• Stayed July 2014
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Made reservations here because I came across a great rate for a two night stay with my daughter and her friend (both 16 years old). Saw minimal pics beforehand, read all about the wonderful amenities & read reviews figuring it seemed fine. The outside of the "resort" is clean and nice looking and the pool area is nice. Checked in & customer service was fantastic. But the rooms are a wreck. We tried staying a little while to get past the nastiness but ultimately couldn't. Granted, the rooms are huge and there's plenty of space for a family of 4. But literally, there were massive obvious dirt stains on the carpet, cigarette burns in the carpet, stains all over the pull out sleeper sofa, old & extremely outdated furniture (looks like its from the 70's) all scratched up and dirty, conventional old big TV's, an ancient electric stove & dishwasher & microwave with 3 turning dials on it! The bedroom we reserved had 2 double beds and the bedding was so old it was like sleeping in grandma's bed. I was so creeped out that I had to inform the front desk of it being unacceptable. The lady that assisted me told me she understood and asked if I'd be willing to at least look & consider 3 other available rooms she had. I agreed and we went to look at every single alternate room. They were all just as horrible. Every room in this place looks like that. It needs a serious extreme makeover! I ended up booking a last minute room with another nearby hotel paying twice as much per night but it was well worth it. I never would have been able to even sleep in that bed. My kids and I were so grossed out. This "resort" owner needs to find some kind of way to update this place because I can't see how they can honestly continue getting business when they should know for sure they wouldn't stay at this hell hole themselves.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Katherine Q
Diamond R, Manager at Marquis Villas Resort, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
We are happy to hear you enjoyed our friendly team members, quaint resort, and spacious accommodations. This being said, we regret that you were not fully satisfied with the condition of your room. Our maintenance and housekeeping managers have been made aware of your concerns for further review and coaching purposes. Rest assured management consistently evaluates guest feedback to ensure we are providing the best possible stays, and we appreciate your honest comments. We currently have an aggressive deep cleaning program in place, where we service two rooms per week. Our team sincerely apologizes that your room may not have been serviced yet. If you do change your mind, we hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a much more pleasant stay.

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Rooms! The rooms are bigger than most people's apartments!! A full size kitchen, a full size living room and dining room and double balcony, a huge bedroom with a lazy chair and a desk and chair, and 2 bathrooms ... yes TWO bathrooms and a huge bathtub for 2 .... The staff is ultra friendly and helpful with anything you need. The pool is enormous and two tennis courts and gym.. this place has it all ... We usually end up barbequing by the pool at least one night we are here. Sherman's deli next door is great for breakfast or get one of their monster sandwiches and take half home and eat on it for days!! This is NOT the Ritz Carlton people .. this is a FUN, FRIENDLY, and perfectly located lil hotel than gives you a whole lot for little money. It will not disappoint the fun, non picky, budget savvy travelers, looking for a good time at a good price. Make sure to find the Hair of the Dog on the strip ... fun dive bar, and all the girls are great bartenders especially Leslie and Michelle

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Colton, California
Reviewed 28 June 2014

From the moment we checked in, the staff was friendly. We received a lot of great tips about the night life and restaurants in the area (which was helpful since my friends and I had never been to Palm Springs). The room was definitely spacious enough for 4 adults. The only thing that I would recommend is an update to the carpet and furniture. It is outdated and I'm not going to lie, I did set an extra sheet on the sofa before sitting on it. Besides that, the closet space was great. The bathroom was nice and modern and we had a view of the San Jacinto mountain. Housekeeping was also great and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I come to palm springs very often and decided to stay downtown when we usually stay in Rancho Mirage. We didn't have high expectations due to other reviews on this place however this is our new favorite place. Staff was incredibly helpful and genuinely nice. Room was very spacious and although some of the furnishings could use a little updating I can not hate on anything. If you are looking for a spa type of hotel this is not for you. Although you could walk across the street to a wonderful spa with all the amenities. This place is 2 blocks walking distance to all of the bars and restaurants and clothing boutiques. Can say enough. Love this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darlene C
Layton, Utah
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at this so-called resort, and had an awful experience. When we arrived to our room, they had obviously just cleaned the carpets and they were still wet! And after they dried out the carpets were still dirty! There was a large spot in the walkway to walk into the kitchen/dining area. There were dirty spots elsewhere also. And the bedding, the blanket was dirty. It had reddish colored dirty spots on it. This just gives me the heebie jeebies. Not pleasant at all. The toilet backed up, it obviously didn't have enough power to flush correctly. The entire unit is stuck in the 70's or 80's. The curtains, the decor, the appliances - the microwave had a dial control for the time! And the fridge! This could be a decently nice place with the room in each room, but it seriously needs some updating, new carpets, draperies, appliances, and bedding/decor. I don't know why they would expect that it is OK to have the bedding dirty, I felt like we couldn't sleep well, and were sleeping carefully so as to not touch the dirty parts of the bedding. The bed was lumpy as well. Just not a pleasant stay. Regarding the pool area, it appeared they hadn't cleaned out the pool and spa waters for a 2-3 days, with all the bugs that were stuck in the pool.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank knger1
diamondresorts, Manager at Marquis Villas Resort, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. We sincerely regret to hear that you were dissatisfied with the quality of your room. Our Housekeeping and Maintenance Managers have been made aware of your room’s condition and the pool’s condition for further review and coaching purposes. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we will certainly take your concerns into consideration when looking into enhancement possibilities. It is our hope in the future we have the opportunity to change your perception of our resort, and we wish you the best on all your future travels.