“First time for Kansas style”
Review of Cowboy Way BBQ - CLOSED

Cowboy Way BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Colchester, United Kingdom
“First time for Kansas style”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were staying nearby and on a recommendation tried this place out. It's very laid back verging on being more of a diner rather then a restaurant but its a lovely place with nice, fitting decor. The night that we visited I think they were very short staffed (big advert in the window looking for servers) and our server was a little stressed! The restaurant itself was fairly empty but I think the outside seating area was pretty full. I've never tried Kansas style BBQ before, but I do like Carolina style. All I can say is Kansas style seemed to be a little spicier but was very nice indeed. If you can't decide best bet is to go for the sliders, then you get pulled pork, tri-tip and brisket. It was hot and full of flavour so would definitely recommend.

I think due to the short staffing issue we had to ask for dessert, rather then being asked, and all that was available was mud pie which was a little too icy for my liking and would of benefitted from thawing for five minutes before being served but aside from that it was a pretty pleasant meal. Prices are a touch high but I wouldn't go as far as to say overpriced. Certainly a lot less then comparable places further on downtown, but as its not downtown it isn't fair to try and price equally. Oh - and parking is very very limited so you might end up on the road on busy nights.

• Visited April 2014

San Jacinto, California
“First time here”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I ate here with my wife and son for the first time today after having been recommended to go here by an employee at Costco in Palm Desert a few months ago. The food wasn't bad but we thought it was a bit on the expensive side. I had the BBQ beef on special with sides of macaroni and potato salad. I agree with a previous review that they should have included some kind of roll with the meal which would have made it more complete. One thing I didn't like was they don't accept American Express credit cards here so I paid cash for the meal and the tip. The waiter did a decent job.

• Visited April 2014
Palm Springs, California
“Good ribs but something was missing”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Went into the Cowboy Way tonight and had some of the best ribs I have had in the desert. The price was a little high, $30 for ribs and 1 small side. My suggestion would be to at least add Garlic Bread or maybe another side so at least the plate looks full.
Happy hour uses extremely small glasses.
Lounge singer in bar was a little loud for us.

• Visited February 2014
San Clemente, California
“Great find, excellent food and service”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We love BBQ, and it's hard to beat what I can make at home, but the ribs and brisket were the best I've had at a restaurant in sometime. We'll keep this on the list when the craving arrives while in Palm Springs.

By the way, keep an eye out for the junior member of the team. He's a real hard worker, very impressive for a little guy that looked around10-12 years old.

Visited March 2014
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Cowboy Way BBQ was a last minute restaurant choice one evening and we were pleasantly surprised. It had a very casual atmosphere but the food was delicious! The baby back ribs had a great smoked flavour and were very tender! We would recommend this restaurant to friends and will definitely eat there again.

• Visited February 2014