“Heavenly barbecue, comfy open ambience”
Review of Cowboy Way BBQ - CLOSED

Cowboy Way BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Every time I've eaten here or taken takeout, the food floors me with its quality and perfection. This is the way barbecue should be done, with a lighter, somewhat smoky sauce, rather than the syrupy goop that many barbecue places serve

Fantastic chicken and beef brisket, delicious side orders (even the coleslaw, which is made with whipping cream rather than mayo), and airy unpretentious Western-themed dining area with an outdoor patio -- what's not to love?

Only drawback: Somewhat limited parking, though I expect one can park at the hotel that the restaurant connects with.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

loved the food, needs to be more choices for the happy hour menu , or specials. it is a bit pricy if your trying to feed a family. but enjoy everytime! janine, salena and ed provide great service, makes us very hapy to return each time.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

BBQ was great and delish. Got the pulled pork. Place wasn't the fanciest, one waitress was nice but real busy. Would eat there again if i was in town and wanted to be stuffed to the brink.

1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We ate here for the first time because wanted some BBQ and it was delicious. A bit pricy but really good. Had the beef ribs and they were finger licking good.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were staying nearby and on a recommendation tried this place out. It's very laid back verging on being more of a diner rather then a restaurant but its a lovely place with nice, fitting decor. The night that we visited I think they were very short staffed (big advert in the window looking for servers) and our server was a little stressed! The restaurant itself was fairly empty but I think the outside seating area was pretty full. I've never tried Kansas style BBQ before, but I do like Carolina style. All I can say is Kansas style seemed to be a little spicier but was very nice indeed. If you can't decide best bet is to go for the sliders, then you get pulled pork, tri-tip and brisket. It was hot and full of flavour so would definitely recommend.

I think due to the short staffing issue we had to ask for dessert, rather then being asked, and all that was available was mud pie which was a little too icy for my liking and would of benefitted from thawing for five minutes before being served but aside from that it was a pretty pleasant meal. Prices are a touch high but I wouldn't go as far as to say overpriced. Certainly a lot less then comparable places further on downtown, but as its not downtown it isn't fair to try and price equally. Oh - and parking is very very limited so you might end up on the road on busy nights.