“Surprisingly fun!”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Surprisingly fun!”
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

I had never ridden an ATV before (I don't even have a driver's license) and it was way more fun than I expected. It's $40, the staff didn't seem to care how long we stayed out on the course, and they gave us some free cans of Big Red (!) on the way out. The view from the higher points on the track is beautiful, too. It's totally worth doing if you have a free afternoon in Palm Springs.

The place itself is a little weird. You have to watch an ancient, useless safety video in a weird underground bunker before you ride. There are a bunch of giant sculptures made of industrial detritus. The staff is eccentric. I kind of liked the weirdness - it was part of the adventure.

I would definitely go back, and I have recommended this place to friends.

PS: If you are new to this, do not ride the ATVs without socks. I totally got blisters on my ankles from the motor. Still worth it.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank CollyMack

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“On the fence..”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Good price but some weird staff. They are a bit creepy but none the less good spot.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Ari G
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A must-do even if ATV-ing is not your thing”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

OMG!! what a blast. On the very outskirts of Palm Springs, this place will give you the heebee jeebees when you first see it. Like 2 steps back in time. But once you decide to go for it you will not be disappointed. Laid back yet serious about safety and instruction this was by far the most fun thing we did on our Coachella Valley vacation. It's hard to describe. You will have memories for years. From wearing the shower cap to finding a helmet that fits. Oh, and kids under 16 HAVE TO WEAR LONG PANTS. We were not aware of that but never fear O.R.R had us covered. Nothing like a 6yr old in a size 44 red Santa pants tied at the waist by some rubber window stripping.
We still laugh 4 weeks afterward as we look at the pictures.

Visited March 2012
3 Thank CoachellaKing
Brentwood, California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Nice for Fathers & Sons”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is a great place for Dads with sons from 9-15. Their machines are smaller than the quads I'm used to riding but for $40 it was a nice diversion. Their machines have barely enough power to get up the sand dune hillside, but for kids you probably wouldn't want them to have more power than that.
I came on a cool day so I did not take advantage of the free sodas and water they had available. I wouldn't recommend it on a hot day.
Their course has lots of trails appropriate for the size of their vehicles. I was hoping for a bit more adventure and power, but their course is not big enough to handle adult ATVs.
The site is very minimal with no permanent structures, sort of what you might expect a homeless person to fabricate though it does have a flushing toilet. But there again, its in a hut dug into the ground with a dirt floor and a hose that allows the toilet to flush, which amazingly it does. However, even for a guy its a bit of a challenge using it because the toilet is a step up from the rest of the dirt floor, but the ceiling is too short for an adult man to stand up straight!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Mark M
Newport Beach, California
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Good value and fun for the money”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I brought 2 thirteen year old boys to this place. It is quite fun as it has a lot of character. The sand dune on which you take the ATV's is nicely groomed and has all levels of difficulty. The owners were gracious and friendly with the kids. The kids kept taking for 20 minutes afterwards about their adventure...so well worth it.

Visited February 2012