“Lovely for leisure or business”

Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Lovely for leisure or business”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed in the hotel last weekend for a forum being held In the conference area. Although I arrived prior to check in time, my room was ready and I was able to spend some extra time settling in. The room was clean, roomy and comfortable with crisp white linens and thick white towels. The pool area is lovely and both the bar and restaurant have nice seating areas outside. We spent 20 hours total in the conference area over the weekend, which was quiet and well air conditioned. The staff in the hotel, conference area and restaurants were particularly welcoming and helpful.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have balconies that overlook the pool
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Aaron A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am delighted that you were impressed with the hotel and that our team really went above and beyond to ensure you had a great experience with us.

I will be sure to recognize our whole team for their great service and spotless accommodations. They will be thrilled with your comments as well.

Thank you again for choosing the Renaissance Palm Springs. We hope to see when you return to the Palm Springs area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Loved this resort, and would go back in a heartbeat. Was there on business, however had time to enjoy the facilities and surrounding area. Pool area is small but clean and nicely designed. Firepits to sit around at night were a lovely touch. Food was also fabulous at this resort. Gym was a tad small for my liking. Only a few blocks away from the main street but they provide a shuttle service.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear CDawn,

Thank you for taking the time to send your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to your next visit.
Folsom, CA
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised to receive an upgraded room upon arrival, a pool view suite with view of the mountains as well. The bed was fabulous and the room very spacious and clean. So far, so good. The minor issues started with dinner. There was supposed to be a complimentary wine tasting at the bar at 5:30, but there was no evidence of it in sight. The bar was hopping with large groups of people who knew each other, which does impact the feel of the place for a person traveling alone. The restaurant was completely dead. I was the only diner. The food was fine, nothing extraordinary. My chicken was a bit dry and overcooked in places, but the part nearest the bone was much better. Rolls were the standard food service variety. Service was decent, a bit chatty, but I enjoyed the personal interaction. After dinner, the wine tasting had been set up in the bar. There was only a single wine to taste, but the host was very personable and knowledgeable. Went up to my room to enjoy the flat screen TV, but was dismayed to find that the hotel had a very limited selection of channels, and I had to miss my favorite series on F/X. No free in-room wi-fi, and no free breakfast. Had those two items been included the hotel would be a great value. Had to go to the lobby to use my iPad or computer without paying extra. The business center is located in an open area that lacked privacy, and people tended to congregate and chat nearby, so any business conducted there was very public. Had a good night's sleep. Breakfast was in a lovely outdoor area....with birds, birds, birds. I got up to get salsa for my omelette, and they took over my table. I hate wasting food like that, but had to get fresh food as the birds had seated themselves on my plate. Ugh. There were traces of dried bird feces on some of the tables and chairs. Double ugh. Spoiled what could have been a very lovely outdoor dining experience! The buffet was decent, typical hotel buffet with eggs cooked to order. Lobby and public areas in this hotel are top-notch. Great pool area. Good location, about a half mile walk to the main shopping area where there are lots of choices for restaurants.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Leisure_Traveler045
Aaron A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am happy to read that you were pleased overall with the hotel. We want to exceed our guest’s expectations and I am glad we did on most levels. Thank you for your feedback regarding our rooms. I appreciate you letting me know. My commitment is to work on any areas that any guest mentions. We could not improve or change without our guest’s feedback, so again, thank you so much for your review.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your feedback!
Signal Hill, California
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here for a work meeting held at the hotel. The lobby and lobby bar area is very stylish and modern. The check-in process was quick and easy. The room was spacious and comfortable and the bed provided some of the best sleep I've ever had. The staff was extremely polite and helpful from beginning to end. My only complaint is the lack of in-room movies. Otherwise, I would have given 5 stars.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to send in your review on your recent stay with us at Renaissance Palm Springs. We always want to be sure that we go above and beyond in every aspect of the guests stay. I am thrilled that our staff were a true examples of our spirit to serve our guests. They are fantastic and I will be sure they are recognized.

Thank you again for sharing and hope to see you soon during your next visit to the Palm Springs area!
SEATTLE
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend conference as a solo guest. i found the staff very friendly and helpful, esp. the bellmen. I had rented a bicycle for the weekend, and they cheerfully kept it safe for me when I was at the hotel. When I was leaving, one of them said "we decided: you are not leaving. You are going to stay here with us." I thought that was cute!

Didn't eat at the restaurant, but had a good buffet dinner for the conference.

Look for the feral cats around the pool area after dark!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KDUB7
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience not only about your stay but your conference experience at our hotel. I am delighted that you were impressed with the Renaissance Palm Springs and that our team really went above and beyond to ensure you had a great experience.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see when you return to the Palm Springs area.
Jyllinge, Denmark
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms and facilities but The restaurant "date" gave me a serious food poisoning through a mahi mahi that was not fresh. After a few days at The room without Any food i attempted to take some breakfast at The same place again. The coffee tastet so bad that i had to decline drinking it and get some tea instead. When The Tea was served all cups on sorrounding tables was dirty and the waiter had to go out back to find clean service. Something in The "date" restaurant is out of control! Eat outside The hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SNC4040
I am very disappointed about your food experience during your stay with us. We take pride in every dish that we serve, and hearing that food from our hotel made you ill is not acceptable! I want to assure you that your comments are taken very seriously, and we take daily precautions with food handling and sanitation to avoid having food that is unsafe to serve. This includes daily rotation, proper temperature monitoring, proper cooking, temping for cooking level and tastings for staff review and menu knowledge.

Our standards are high in compliance with the Renaissance brand, and knowing that one of our guest was ill resulting from our hotel's food outlet is a top priority that will be investigated and reviewed with the culinary staff. If you can disclose the exact day that you ate in the DATE restaurant, that would be greatly appreciated.

In regards to your other comment about the tea and dirty tables, this was reviewed with the staff and plans have been in place to assure proper table turning happens quicker, especially during high dining volume.

Please let me know if you are planning to stay with us again so that I may ensure a great meal that exceeds your expectations.

I hope that you are feeling much better.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. Lobby is beautiful. Great lounge and bar area. We stayed in a standard 2 queen room with a pool view. It has a nice little balcony to sit and enjoy coffee in the morning. By the way they brew Starbucks coffee so you get a nice cup of coffee here. Bathroom was ok. Could be bigger. My only complaint was there was a bit of mildew forming in some of the grout joints. I find this unacceptable as simple cleaning and maintenance can keep this from happening. Beds were comfortable, pillows were just ok. Pool area was nice. Very comfy lounge chairs. I found the restaurant called DEAT very substandard for a nice hotel. had breakfast and a lunch there and it was just ok. nothing great. I would definitely go into Palm Springs to one of the many great restaurants they have on the main drag. Again this was a decent hotel with a beautiful entry lobby and decent rooms. But if you're looking for something really special it is not quite there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Aaron A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some concerns at our hotel and specifically regarding some aspects of the room and restaurant. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our team to ensure the standards we have set for ourselves are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that our future guests do not experience the same. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.