“Big disappointment!”

Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
Ranked #25 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Smoking in the pool! Partying at the pool all night without restrictions! People running up and down
The hall ! None of the staff could control the situation. Pot smoking all over area
The most, the next day would talk to the people. We left and will never return"

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Su-z B
mg87, General Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed. You are correct, we should have done a better job with this group. It was a tough situation and we will not have them back. I do hope you will give us another try!

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We took a last minute trip to Palm Springs with my cousin and she chose this resort. She traveled with her girlfriend and my husband, 5 year old daughter and I traveled and stayed together.

THE GOOD: Check-in was quick. The room was clean. The wading pool for kids was nice. There was ample deck chairs. The lobby was pretty. There is a shuttle to downtown Palm Springs. The bathroom was spacious. I liked that the pool area definitely had a Palm Springs/yesteryear but modern vibe to it.

THE BAD: Although we arrived at 4 p.m., we had to wait 1.5 hours to get into our hotel. My daughter and I changed in the bathroom and went to the pool while my husband waited for the room to be ready. Internet is not included and is expensive! The channels available on the tv were dismal at best. The room was a bit small. The pool was warm and not refreshing and there were A TON of people. I had read this hotel had one of the largest pools in Palm Springs but honestly I think the pool is small with regards to how many rooms they have.

THE UGLY - Nothing Ugly. Just wouldn't go back there again. I wouldn't have selected this hotel if I had been choosing something for a family. There were some other families there but the definite vibe at this hotel is for singles and couples.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for providing such detailed feedback. Obviously, your experience is not what we normally deliver-please forgive us. I share all feedback with our team with continuous improvement as our goal.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel itself is nice. The water in the faucets come out white as snow, but it's from oxygen so let it air out. The pool is small, but cabana area is big. And I absolutely hated the parking. I paid a mandatory $12 self park fee, to have to park in the dirt! All the lots were full. I feel like I should have been refunded, because regardless of your car, no one wants to park in a janky, bumpy dirt lot off to the side. Other then that the staff is friendly and helpful. Beware of a room facing the street because during the summer the trees are full of catydids and they are loud at night!

• Stayed: July 2014

I appreciate your review of the hotel. I am sorry the parking lots overflowed. If you would contact me personally at the hotel, I would be happy to refund your parking fee!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My job takes me to Palm Springs about every 6 weeks. I have to stay three days at a time and often cannot take my family. Since I first stayed at the Renaissance, it has become literally my home away from home. The staff is very friendly and remember you when you return. The rooms are nice and comfortable. The food at the restaurant and bar is also good. When I am able to bring my family, they love the hotel as much as I do. It is one of the few hotels in the area that has a dedicated kiddie pool and sandbox. There is so many good things about this hotel. It is within walking distance to downtown and has several shuttles. The staff is always helpful with recommendations and fulfilling requests. I get depressed if I have to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: It is a rather large hotel so since I travel alone, I always ask for a room close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Aaron A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for posting your review. We are delighted to hear that we are your home away from home. We strive to exceed all our guest expectations and happy to hear your wonderful comments. We look forward to your future visits with us!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Large group of people allowed to stay at pool overnight and until 7 am. People actually slept on lounge chairs. Made noise all night despite numerous complaints from other guests. Staff did nothing. Worst experience we have had there. Wont return for awhile. Staff needs to gain control of their hotel.

1  Thank Sdc522

That you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review the hotel. I agree with you-this group was not an easy group to keep tabs on. They will not be returning to our hotel. I do sincerely hope you will.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is our second time at this property. The first time we had a bad experience with other hotel guests. It was not the resorts fault. But they sent us a free night. And this time it was exactly what I expected. Service was over the top. They really do take care of their guests. I would highly recommend.

Dear Lisa,

Thank you posting your review. We are glad to hear we met and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your future visits with us.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here many times of the last ten years. It is a beautiful resort with breathtaking views. Unfortunately, it is slipping in my opinion. Room need updating, especially the baths. Also requires more attention to detail in housekeeping. Much hair in the shower and on the floors. Gross! Tub was also soo worn that it actually looked filthy. Perfectly located for access to everything PS has to offer.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Aaron A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your feedback.