“Nice hotel, good location”

Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
Ranked #26 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here for three nights whilst we were travelling down the west coast. We booked a deluxe/superior room which over looked the pool and had a lovely view of the hills and mountains. The room was large and very well furnished. The hotel had a lovely big pool with lots of sun loungers available. The location of the hotel is very good and is close to many shops and great restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Aaron A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to post your review from your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your 3-day trip with us.

Renaissance Palm Springs

Write a ReviewReviews (1,629)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Originally picked the location due to its proximity to the restaurants and casino, too bad when its over 100 degrees, you won't be walking.

We received an upgrade to an executive suite. While we were very excited for it, the large space was somewhat unnecessary given the way the room was set up. Wish the toilet area was in a seperate room from the sink so I could get ready in the morning. There wasn't another place to put on makeup. Air conditioning was very noisy and came off and on constantly throughout the night... but hey, guess I shouldn't complain since it was so hot out.

I chose the location for the pool. Last time we stayed at a hotel that had a pool party on the weekends, which I loved at the time, but you had to wake up super early to stake out your spot. This place was great because the pool area was very large. Paid off to vacation from Saturday-Monday because I feel the pool on Saturday was much more crowded than it was on Sunday. Drinks were way expensive. $15 for a small pina colada! AH!!! Oh well, at least I could just lay around at the pool...

The problem we encountered that upset me was the parking. I knew we would have to pay a self-parking fee (in lieu of a resort fee) and I was fine with that, the problem was paying the price apparently doesn't guarantee a spot. We went out for dinner and came back to find all the lots full (including the valet). The valet instructed us to go down this random trail and park in the dirt next to the hotel. If I had known I would have to park our low-to-the-ground car in very uneven dirt, I would not have paid. And to think the valets were parking the cars there too! It was definitely not ideal and I didn't feel the car was safe there. Luckily on Sunday, the parking was not a problem at all. Just figured when you pay for something, you are guaranteed to get it....

The next day, the cleaning staff kept trying to come in the room. We forgot to put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign the night before, but thankfully had done the padlock because they didn't give much time between knocking and barging in at 9am. When they finally cleaned our room later in the day, they left no towels. We had to track them down in the hall and they said they had ran out of towels but would drop them off later. With the suites, I wish they would knock a few times before coming in when they know someone is still staying there.... the door is so far away from the bedroom given the suite layout.
Overall the property was a good value for the money. Not sure if I would stay there again, but at least I didn't have to fight for a pool chair which makes the vacation much nicer.

Room Tip: Suites aren't all they're cut up to be. The place is so large but without the necessary luxu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
mg87, General Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Good morning-

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations-please forgive us. I have shared your comments with our team so we can plan on improving in these areas.

I would like to make amends for these inconveniences, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you. You can reach me at 760416-2914.

Yours in service.

martingreenwood@remingtonhotels.com

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Service was great - all of the employees from the front desk to the restaurant were courteous and helpful. That was the best part of my stay. The front desk could use a lot more staff, however. I checked in late on a Friday night and there was a constant line of people waiting, and only 1-2 employees working the desk/phones/market all at once. I passed by in the morning and again a very long line.

The rooms were mediocre. I was upgraded to a pool-view junior suite as a Gold elite. The room didn't feel too worn out but not particularly luxurious either. Bathroom was tiny and shows its age. Sound-proofing was terrible. Heard the guy in the next room snoring loudly through the wall - had difficulty falling asleep due to this. In the morning, heard the music blasting in the pool area. Also, you could hear everything inside the rooms as you pass by in the hallway. Overall lots of loud people staying that night throughout the hotel.

Free continental buffet breakfast as a Gold elite was also mediocre. A choice of breads, pastries, fruit, and cereal, plus beverages. Service was attentive.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rlee508

Good morning-

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed our service-our team strives to make our guests feel welcome. I truly appreciate the suggestions, our team will discuss implementation today.

We have several major projects in the works to improve the guest experience, which should be complete soon.

Yours in service.

martingreenwood@remingtonhotels.com

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

My employee and I stayed two nights at this excellent Renaissance location in Palm Springs. Location couldn't be better right in the heart of the restaurants and night life.

The pool was excellent to go with the good weather and friendly staff. The price was very affordable for a Renaissance so it is

The bar is a excellent and comfortable right off of the lobby. Great place to unwind before hitting the pool or night life of Palm Springs.

Rooms were a little dated and definitely in need of updating. Renaissance quality for sure but you could tell it hadn't been updated and showed signs of wear and tear which is typical.

Restaurant on site I would not recommend and wasn't up to par with typical restaurant's located in Renaissance hotels. I had a lunch and dinner and both were average at best.

Good news is you are surrounded by restaurants and bars that are fabulous.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Thank Crossbonz72 .

Thank you for posting your review. We are glad to hear your colleague and you like our hotel overall. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I travelled here for a business conference and was pleasantly surprised! We were upgraded to a top-floor room with a great view from our balcony. We could see nearly the entire city! Within walking distance were numerous delicious restaurants of every variety. The food located at the hotel was also very enjoyable, though a bit pricey. The conference was actually connected to the hotel so I did not even have to leave the hotel!

In the end, I would love to return to this hotel for a personal vacation!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Amber,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear you had a productive stay during your conference and look forward to your next trip either for business or hopefully pleasure!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very friendly staff
Lovely pool area with lots of lounge chairs.Pool cloudy on first visit but great after next day
Nice size rooms
Walking distance to downtown shops
Shuttle service also available
Had to pay to park which seems common these days

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posting your positive review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your visit with us and look forward to your next trip!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Smoking in the pool! Partying at the pool all night without restrictions! People running up and down
The hall ! None of the staff could control the situation. Pot smoking all over area
The most, the next day would talk to the people. We left and will never return"

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Su-z B
mg87, General Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed. You are correct, we should have done a better job with this group. It was a tough situation and we will not have them back. I do hope you will give us another try!