“Run down and somewhat decrepit but I think the rooms are clean?”

Knights Inn Palm Springs
Ranked #13 of 21 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This hotel is way past its prime. Very run down and not convenient to anything in downtown but I guess that's what we got with the money we spent. When we pulled up, I was scared of how our room would look due to the outside of the building but was somewhat surprised by a room that was fairly clean. However, bathroom contained a single shower stall and our towels had stains from previous users. No washcloths either. The bed was comfortable and the sheets smelled bleached and clean so that made me feel a little bit better. I was a little scared to walk around the room barefoot or take a shower without shower shoes. Front desk service was somewhat rude but we didn't need much so not a big deal. Parking is limited with overflow in the lot by the liquor store next door. If you want cheap, this is it, but you certainly get what you paid for - no pleasant surprises here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 March 2013

How can I start. When I called to booked this "hotel" and I booked a smoking room online. Well, that wasn't the problem. The problem was when I arrived to the hotel and the entire checked inn experienced was just horrible. The guy that is at the from desk was rude, and He didn't want to give me the smoking room because there wasn't any available. When I told him that I booked my room a smoking room because I am a smoker, then he preceded to let me know that I could cancel my reservation right there. I said that I was going to contact the company and he did not care less about it.

Finally he gave me a non-smoking room that I was allowed to smoke in. The place was good, I man you get what you paid for but the whole experience just makes you not to go back at all.. Too bad..

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Christian S
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Attractive older hotel in Northwest Palm Springs abuts western mountains providing isolation, quietness and a nice setting with nice landscaping. Least expensive hotel in the area located near much higher priced properties. Small pool and hot tub appeared to be maintained daily and were very clean as was the property in general. Husband and wife proprietors very friendly and enjoyed visiting with them. Basic furnishings in room but small fridge with separate freezer door, microwave, and coffee maker were nice touches for this star level. Bathroom recently renovated and was gorgeous--3.5 star quality. Property might not have enough parking spaces if full but street parking probably safe in this upscale neighborhood. Mattress a bit firm for my liking and only comes with two sheets and one blanket so had to run heater all night but it works very well. Will probably stay again next year though property a 30-minute drive to Indian Wells tennis tournament.

Room Tip: Poolside/mountainside probably the best.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank cme410s
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed one night. Old motel...tried to update. It had an ok king bed. There was a kitchenette....but, no dishes or ANYTHING. Useless! But, it did have microwave, fridge, & coffee maker and sugar/creamer...but nothing to stir the coffee with!

The bathroom was ridiculous...very small and dingy shower (reminded me of an old '50s motel), and one of the lightbulbs was burnt out. Asked for another lightbulb, got it, but couldn't change it...as the light fixture was very high up and needed a ladder! Stupid!

I must say, the manager was very nice. Well, we stayed here because of the reasonable price for Palm Springs. We didn't want to spend over $80 for a night. Next time back, we might stay here again or maybe the Motel 6 in town.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2013

For the second time we enjoyed our stay at Knights Inn, The motel is conveniently located: the rooms are large and super clean. The management team is welcoming and helpful. I will definitely return there. Jean-Marc

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2013

This hotel offers great value at an affordable price which is hard to find nowadays. I judge the value of hotels based on their cleanliness, price, location and customer service. All these characteristics are found here in top standing. This is the place to stay. Kuddos to Knights Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank grossmont
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We stayed at this motel for one night in January because we had to find somewhere to stay on short notice on a Saturday night when our flight was cancelled. The motel is very reasonably priced and clean but very dated. (1960's) It has a microwave, fridge and kitchen sink. The kingsize bed we had was comfortable. There was a pool and hot tub that was well maintained but locked up when we went to check it out. Coffee is provided in the office in the morning along with some packaged sticky buns for breakfast. We had to stay in Palm Springs for 2 nights but left this motel because we didn't feel comfortable there. There was very little in the neighbourhood but enpty buildings, a little variety store and a Pizza Hut.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple