“Excellent place. Very comfortable and great service!”

Knights Inn Palm Springs
Ranked #11 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
“Excellent place. Very comfortable and great service!”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I have been staying at the Knights Inn a few nights a week for the last few months, due to work. The manager has always been very nice and friendly. I am greeted with a smile everytime. I have stayed in many different rooms, and have never had a complaint with any of them. The pool area is nice and cozy. Nice view of the mountains too. Its very quiet at night. Suprisingly quiet. All around just a nice comfy hotel that makes my time on the road away from home a little easier.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This is a wonderful place for an extended stay. I lodge here 4 month out of the year and every time I arrive I'm warmly greeted and every thing always goes smoothly. Very clean rooms. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AprilG88
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I needed last minute accommodations for my weekend visit to Palm Springs as my original lodging option fell through. I was left with a pretty tight budget as to where I could stay, and to complicate things there was a festival taking place in town and with it, many visitors crowding the streets and hotels. The hotel itself is located in the North West part of town, facing the San Jacinto Mountains and I had a really nice view of the hills from my front window. It is in a nice neighborhood, and is only a few minutes from downtown by car, and not too far by foot either.

I found the Knights Inn on Priceline.com and it was the only hotel for under $200 a night in town available. I ended up paying $69 dollars per night for my room. It had a comfortable king size bed, mini fridge, microwave and television with full cable TV. The hotel itself seemed to be a bit dated to the 1960s, but was very comfortable and cozy, neat and clean. I had all the towels I needed, and the presentation of the room was very impressive.

Vivek, the owner/manager greeted me at the front counter the first and every time I needed anything, and he was ready with many suggestions for restaurants as well as just pleasant conversation. He even helped me out when I needed to unfortunately leave a day early, and fully refunded my last night with only a few hours notice until checkout.

There are no frills at this hotel (no room service, pay per view and the like), just a pool and hot tub, and peace and quiet, but the Knights Inn is more than reasonable for what it does provide, and more than worth the money especially in a place like Palm Springs where most of the visit is spent out doors.

Oh, and I must say that I am honestly not sure why so many people rate this hotel so low. No, this is not a resort and health spa, but it is also not priced like one. My room was clean, my needs were met, and Vivek is a very nice man who will go out of his way to accommodate his guests any way he is able. I am giving this hotel 5 stars, because for what I expected to get for my $69 a night, my expectations were totally exceeded. Give it a try, and I think yours will be too.

I highly recommend the Knights Inn to any traveler looking for a nice and peaceful stay without breaking the bank to do so...and my next trip to P.S. will be spent sleeping here again thank you!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 381JeremyS
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We arrived late at night and the night porter was great! He was super friendly and even helped us order a pizza from a local place. The room itself was great and really big. Very clean and a good price. The air conditioner was really loud which is a shame because you need it! It was baking hot when we were there! Overall we would stay here again but it's a shame that breakfast was not offered. We would recommend others to use the place but you would need a car to get downtown.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Radford, Virginia
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This hotel is way past its prime. Very run down and not convenient to anything in downtown but I guess that's what we got with the money we spent. When we pulled up, I was scared of how our room would look due to the outside of the building but was somewhat surprised by a room that was fairly clean. However, bathroom contained a single shower stall and our towels had stains from previous users. No washcloths either. The bed was comfortable and the sheets smelled bleached and clean so that made me feel a little bit better. I was a little scared to walk around the room barefoot or take a shower without shower shoes. Front desk service was somewhat rude but we didn't need much so not a big deal. Parking is limited with overflow in the lot by the liquor store next door. If you want cheap, this is it, but you certainly get what you paid for - no pleasant surprises here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Burbank, California, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2013

How can I start. When I called to booked this "hotel" and I booked a smoking room online. Well, that wasn't the problem. The problem was when I arrived to the hotel and the entire checked inn experienced was just horrible. The guy that is at the from desk was rude, and He didn't want to give me the smoking room because there wasn't any available. When I told him that I booked my room a smoking room because I am a smoker, then he preceded to let me know that I could cancel my reservation right there. I said that I was going to contact the company and he did not care less about it.

Finally he gave me a non-smoking room that I was allowed to smoke in. The place was good, I man you get what you paid for but the whole experience just makes you not to go back at all.. Too bad..

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Christian S
Redding, California
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Attractive older hotel in Northwest Palm Springs abuts western mountains providing isolation, quietness and a nice setting with nice landscaping. Least expensive hotel in the area located near much higher priced properties. Small pool and hot tub appeared to be maintained daily and were very clean as was the property in general. Husband and wife proprietors very friendly and enjoyed visiting with them. Basic furnishings in room but small fridge with separate freezer door, microwave, and coffee maker were nice touches for this star level. Bathroom recently renovated and was gorgeous--3.5 star quality. Property might not have enough parking spaces if full but street parking probably safe in this upscale neighborhood. Mattress a bit firm for my liking and only comes with two sheets and one blanket so had to run heater all night but it works very well. Will probably stay again next year though property a 30-minute drive to Indian Wells tennis tournament.

Room Tip: Poolside/mountainside probably the best.