“Great inclusive breakfast and happy hour.”
Review of The Westcott

The Westcott
Ranked #2 of 21 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Rooms are a little small, but the service was great. We had a wonderful time getting to know all of the fellow vacationers at the pool.

• Stayed: April 2012
susanantal, Owner at The Westcott, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you. I am pleased when someone takes the time to really give us a solid review. We appreciate any constructive critique and also the compliments! It is so nice when we find that a customer is such a great fit for our property and hope that you come back and enjoy your stay again in the near future.
Suzy and Jeff and Mike

Reviewed 12 April 2012

this is a tough review for me to write since I am a bit conflicted. The owners were amazingly Accommodating and it truly has sooooo much potential! The issue is to be named "Posh" you really have a lot to live up to. Most of the plants are dying and there is a ton of clutter all of which could be cleaned up so quickly. Palm Springs has such a modern vibe, less is more. Given the price per night I was expecting it to be much more "Posh" than it was. Although there is so much potential here this place still needs a ton of work. The rooms are nice yet the bathrooms are old and somewhat rundown. We had issues with our shower and come to find out it was an ongoing problem that had not been resolved. The last negative I would add is that it is not that close to downtown. We were expecting walking distance but it is definitely a cab ride.

On a positive note the owners were very nice and the breakfast was great! When we take into account what we would have spent on breakfast daily as well as drinks by the pool (we were able to bring our own) it was worth it. At first glance we wondered why we didn't stay at the Viceroy but there were benefits just not worth $260 per night.

Overall I wish Posh luck

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jen v

I am sorry that you didn't find POSH Palm Springs Inn to be what you anticpated. Sometimes we find that certain guests, for whatever reason, are just not a fit? I recall when you made your reservation that you mentioned that you normally stay in larger hotels. This could account for the fact that ours would not be as expected. We are a definite Bed and Breakfast environment and small and intimate. We are actually only 1/2 mile from our front door to the beginning of downtown and was taken back by the fact that you felt you needed to have a car because of the distance to the downtown area. I will take your critique into consideration and appreciate your feedback.
Suzy Antal

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Our recent two night stay at POSH was everything we hoped for and so much more than we could have imagined. Rooms were delightful...both comfy and well decorated. One could never ask for a better pool, especially when it's located literally five steps from your room. But the thing that makes this place ideal is the charm and efficiency of owners Suzi and Mike. Suzi is a spectacular cook/chef, offering perfectly prepared daily breakfasts of the highest quality (the frittata was my favorite). They were also most generous with libations and snacks at the evening "happy hour" and provided knowledgable directions and recommendations when asked.

We will be returning in two months to experience their hospitality once again...and as often as possible after that.

Room Tip: Every room is adjacent to the pool, and two suites with kitchen facilities are present. We found ro...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joyceee44
Reviewed 28 March 2012

What a find… It’s cozy, small, quiet, close to downtown, and tranquil. The owners are a couple and their son who provide all the services that one would require for a small bed and breakfast. Accommodating service at every level – welcoming, nice but not aloof and glad to have us be their guests . No corporate suits here… how nice. We had several delightful breakfasts and an evening of wine, cocktails and appetizers that make for a soothing day (and night). The Posh is an old ‘motel’ from the 40’s, with an art deco feel. It’s the get-a-way for a pleasant week or weekend away from the big city with a 1950s heated swimming pool (they tell us it was the original). We couldn’t have been more surprised. The rooms were just the right size, and quaint. They provided all the amenities without the commercial ‘style’. And…no kids playing “Marco-Polo!!!” The staff knew the local restaurants that would offer the best menus, dining experiences and prices. The Posh was so subdued – and we could skinny dip as early as 10 PM. Can’t wait to go back… On our rating scale of “A” to “F” – the Posh gets an “A.”

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed at the POSH while in Palm Spring for a conference. It was a good experience overall, but the most important thing was the way we were treated by the owner. I had made a mistake on my reservation and needed to add a night before my reservation and cancel a night at the end. Even though they have a stated policy which indicates a fee for such a change, they took care of it for us without a problem. What a generous and kindly thing to do. I would have had a hard time explaining that extra charge to my boss!

The hotel is a lovely little boutique hotel with many nice features.

Pros:
- Quite location
- Attractive decor
- Generous amenities - free water and soda, snacks, breakfast, afternoon wine and cheese
- Comfortable bed
- Incredibly generous and friendly owners!

Cons:
- Small room - if you want a roomy, hotel-chain kind of room, this may not be for you. Our room was so small there was no bureau, so we had to live out of our suitcase for the few days we were there.
- Not as clean as I would have liked. The bathroom floor was dirty, especially behind the door, and it was not cleaned while we were there. There was a small stain on our of our sheets, and the sheets were not changed during our visit. I know many boutique hotels don't change sheets daily, so if you want clean sheets every night you may have to request them. I didn't want to make a fuss because they were so nice to us.
- WiFi was non-existent. We had problems with WiFi all over Palm Springs, so I'm not sure this is the hotel's fault. They provided WiFi, but we couldn't get on it.
- The breakfast is late. I always select a hotel that includes breakfast when traveling on business because I don't want the hassle of dealing with breakfast when I'm in a hurry. The breakfast here started at 9:00 am, which may be fine for vacationers, but not for business travel.

Overall, I would recommend the POSH with the above caveats. The owners couldn't have been nicer and more accommodating. The room was small, but lovely. The atmosphere was tranquil and a far more charming than a large chain hotel would have been.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We were in Palm Springs nearly 3 weeks ago and stayed at Posh. It was perfect for us - lots of 50's charm and character, super comfortable bed, quiet room, delicious hot breakfast each day and fun cocktail hour each afternoon. We enjoyed the gracious and welcoming hosts and would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
susanantal, Owner at The Westcott, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Thank you for your lovely review.This is the bloodline to our business and we are really appreciate of you taking the time to review our prop[erty.
Sincerly,
Suzy

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Having stayed here last year and thought what a great place, chose posh again to bring my mum who is over from the UK. I could not believe how a place could deteriorate in 6 months!!
Our room was filthy! Dirty blinds, tables, mirrors and pictures, and fridge! Bedding all crimpled ad if slept in previously! Blood pn pillow shams! Yuck! The wondows were so dirty it looked like it was foggy outside! Shower broken, as was 6 months ago!
Firniture and kitchen shabby and needed renovation. We confronted susie who had the worst attitude and sermed very stressed, and lacked professionalism. We said we were not prepared to stay in the room to which she replied " well dont then" and didnt seem to care whether we stayed or not!
We chose to leave at that point! Never again! And will definitely not be recommending to others anymore!

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank ukgirl33052
susanantal, Owner at The Westcott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

I don't even know how to respond to this review other than to say this guest stayed with us about six months ago and was lovely. This time she brought her "MUM" from England who is the rudest person I have ever come across since opening this business. There was no pleasing her anyway or anyhow. She arrived angry and it went downhill from there. I am not going to address all these petty issues, but simply to say that our hotel is still as nice and wonderful as it was when she was here last.
As far as the windows being dirty on the outside she is absolutly correct. If anyone has been following the weather here in Palm Springs over the last 2 weeks we have had huge sandstorms that have been playing havoc on our windows and floors. Had she addressed this with me instead of being so beligerent I could have told her this. I would never tell a guest "Well then go! I did try and speak to her professionally but she would not let up. I had to ask her to leave.

Learned this a long time ago... Can't please them all no matter how hard you try.
Suzy