“Great place, Amazing service”

POSH Palm Springs Inn
Ranked #1 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reseda
“Great place, Amazing service”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I went there with a groupon I bought and i was surprised for the best, the room was decorated nice the bed was so comfortable i didn't want to get up, we got soft drinks in the refrigerator that they filled daily and candy, the staff was very nice and helpfull, the breakfast was great.
if you look for a place to go to relax without leaving the hotel, this is the place

Room Tip: if you don't like the sun to shine in your room early ask for rooms 7-10
1 Thank Veronica G
susanantal, Owner at POSH Palm Springs Inn, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you for your great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to review us.
Suzy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I could not recommend this place if it were free. I have stayed at other boutique hotels, and while I can appreciate the "effort" or the idea of this place, it just did not cut it. The owner is a little bizarre. She comes off as being put out that guests are there.

The rooms are TINY. But they are nicely decorated...although they can do without the bistro tables because there is not enough room. Like one reviewer wrote on Yelp, I also kept hitting my shin on the bar at the end of the bed. (Yes, I should have learned after bonking it twice ...lol). The pool is just a pool, and it was actually somewhat dirty. It definitely needs upgrading. It looked like something at a city recreation center...but smaller. They hardly had enough towels for the guests, and they did not bother to wash any and put more out.

I have no idea why she put a bulky bath rug in the TINY bathroom. You could not close the door with the mat on the floor. I just pushed it in the corner. The toilet is literally right up against the door.

All in all, while it looked like the rooms were nice, most of the time is spent at the pool, and it is just not a good look. She could stand to invest in someone to decorate the outside. And she (the owner) needs to take some etiquette classes. She was definitely lacking in that department.

The Colony Palms is right down the street. Now THAT'S a luxury, boutique hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TimeToTrip24
susanantal, Owner at POSH Palm Springs Inn, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
WOW! I have been referred to as different things during my lifetime but Bizarre isn't one that normally comes to mind. Where do I begin here. I could only start with if I appeared a bit off I am terribly sorry. I don't recal not being friendly or curteous or even helful but maybe I am missing something. I will not go through all the items that you are referring to as it is not helpful to anyone and really makes no difference at this point in time. I will say, I feel badly that after taking advantage of an incredibly deal through a social networking site you decided to come to POSH and didn't enjoy yourselves. I will take all of your critiques to heart and try harder to please our future guests.
Suzy Antal
Owner
LAish
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Nice location, great hospitality, cute rooms, DELISH BREAKFAST!! My boyfriend and I stayed there in Sept 2012. The hotel is small, boutiquey and charming. The guests are friendly and the host is delightful and helpful. However, the best part of the hotel is the gourmet breakfast! Over 2 days we had omlets, cheesy grits, bacon, bread pudding, and some fancy potato thingie. Suzy is a wonderful, restaurant quality chef. It was very hard to resist going back for seconds lest we seemed too greedy! There was also a daily happy hour with wine and snacks, but we didn't make it to those. If you can get the room at a good price, go for it! Our only gripe was that the windows, although covered with lined curtains and shades, allow A LOT of light to penetrate in the mornings. The front door has a shade covered window that also allows in a good amount of light. It bothered my boyfriend, but not me so I would recommend an eye shade if it might bother you.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Posh Palm Springs Inn for 2 nights. We'd received a nice discount on our stay. We arrived late on a Friday night. It is a small quaint place, only about 10 rooms or so surrounding a small, but nice, quiet pool. The first night there, we were given the front suite, room #1. It was a very eclectic room, seemed a little like an old refurbished room, but it was nice. The only problem was, our stay was in the beginning of August and it was hot as HECK! It seems the room faces south which receives the most sun and it is surrounded by windows with a light window covering. The room is large, too large I think, for the brand new small air conditioner trying to cool it down. We had it set at 65 and I don't think it ever made it below 85, which made it pretty tough to sleep. We would have complained except that I guess the staff/owner does not live on site and goes home after 5 or 6pm. She had told me earlier there would be a phone and # at the front desk if we needed anything but when I went to use it, it was too dark to see the phone buttons and there wasn't a number to be found to call her. So we lasted as best we could through the hot night and spoke to her in the morning. To her credit, she appologized profusely and immediately got us settled in to a new, smaller, but MUCH cooler room and we were content with that.

Some great things I loved about the place:
1. I love how you walk out your room door and the pool is RIGHT there. No need to lock up and you can go back and forth to your room for anything you need, a drink, bathroom, etc. It was extremely convenient.
2. I also love the small group feel of the place. It really helps you to open up and make friends/acquaintances pretty easily.
3. Happy Hour drinks that they provided were quite delicious!
4. The complimentary morning breakfasts were very unique and pretty delicious (though not the healthiest of fairs). They did offer some healthy options like fruit and yogurt though. It was nice to be able to grab a quick bite before going on with your day.
5. The room offered a small refrigerator which was handy (the large room had a fully equipped kitchen with a stove, microwave and full size fridge which I'm sure is wonderful during the cooler months).

Overall, the place was no fancy 5 star resort, but as a place to hang your hat for a couple of days while you explore the very cool town of Palm Springs, it was quite nice indeed :)

Everson, Washington
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We had such a great time staying here.The most relaxing getaway that we have ever had! Great hosts, great food, we can't wait to come back!We were very happy just hanging out at the pool-it was great to be able to use the pool whenever you wanted!

Bicoastal
Reviewed 20 July 2012

A B&B should be clean and memorable and have the best host due to the proximity of the guests/staff/host/owners--- Susan owner and host with her husband and son are fabulous and make you feel special from the minute you check in. The rooms are hip, themed and colorful that you can't help but smile. The bed and linens are comfy and cosy and CLEAN (yeah!). The site is not huge so it is perfect for intimacy and if you come with kids great to be close enough to watch them in the pool and still drink by the open/California kitchen where the most yummy drinks are made for happy hour. I know some people are shocked that their are no closets but the wicker bins suffuce for garments and for hanging garments I used the frame that the TV is in/on. It has been 2 years since I have been here but the only thing I remember not loving was being by the laundry room(noisy)... not sure if that has been addressed with their reconstruction, but after a few cocktails and sitting in the hot tub... aaaahhhh! In short, PEEEEERFEEEECT POSH!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
susanantal, Owner at POSH Palm Springs Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Thank you for your great review. We appreciate the loyalty from guests who have been here in the past. We did not realize that the noise from the laundry room could be heard next door, and we thank you for that tip. Yes, as we expand, the laundry will be relocated to our adjacent lot and the exisiting laundry wiill once agian be brought back to a Deluxe room. Thank you again for taking the time to review our place.
Concord, California
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Stayed in one of the "suites" . Window behind the bed was broken and covered with a piece of cardboard, light is the hallway was not working. ASked for a light bulb-but it was th switch that didn't work, Fresh fruit was two apples and an orange that had mildew.No closet. Don't think i would stay again for over 300 a night!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank paula k
susanantal, Owner at POSH Palm Springs Inn, responded to this review, 21 July 2012
Dear Paula,

You are absolutely correct in your review and I would like to address the issues you brought up. You stayed in Suite #7. When you were here it was winter and we had had a violent windstorm the week prior. I had the handyman coming to fix the window ion the morning you departed and unfortunetly we had no other rooms to move you to. As far as the fruit being moldy that is a tad unfair. We provided fresh fruit weekely and found that none of our guests were eating it so we discontinued that effort. We do have closets so I am unsure of what you are referring to here. As far as the light not working in the closet, as soon as you brought this to our attention we repaired it immediatly while you were still here? As a small boutique hotel, we are constantly seeking ways to improve on our presentation and our service. Wew request that you come back again and give us another try. We will dazzle you I promise.