“Home of the $5 margaritas”

Rio Azul Mexican Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio Azul Mexican Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 324 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Baristo
Transit: Located on Indian Canyon Drive.
Description: Welcome to Rio Azul, a Palm Springs restaurant featuring only Traditional Mexican Cuisine, Handcrafted with the best ingredients and served in a Vibrant atmosphere. Fresh and Flavorful, Delightful and Delicious! Enjoy one of our specialty cocktails while we take the time to freshly prepare every dish.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The service was phenomenal, our waiter was top notch...we were a party of 13 so it wasnt easy but he sure did a great job! the restaurant is cute, they offer $5 margaritas but theyre small, for $2 more theyre huge..make sure you get the tamarindo around the rim it's delish! Pomegranate margaritas are toooo sweet (im not a sweet drinker) but the original on the rocks are my fave. Food was o.k nothing amazing. Personally i thought the portions were small and prices high, chips were very greasy and salsa was very garlicky...im a picky mexican food eater as i was raised on that food, so this didn't make my cut. They do make tableside guacamole although i didn't eat it, it looked good but for $8 i had to pass.

1  Thank Augustine D
There are newer reviews for Rio Azul Mexican Bar & Grill

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We really like this restaurant. It feels like being in Mexico. The guacamole made at your table is the perfect topping to the fresh made & warm tortilla chips. Of course you have to wash this down with a Cadillac Margarita-a house specialty. I really like everything I have had on the menu but especially like the carnitas verde (pork with a tomatillo sauce). My absolute favorite item is the green corn tamale. I could make a meal out of several of these. The wait staff if very good, even if sometimes a little understaffed.

1  Thank Les W
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was my first visit here. To me there is nothing as tasty a good Mexican meal. So I really enjoyed my visit. The staff is fast and friendly. The food was tasty. Pleasant presentation. I had the poblano rellano. The flavor made me slow down and enjoy each bite ( I can be a fast eater). Dessert was ice cream with puff pastry in a honey cinnamon sauce.
Decor is pleasant and the dinning room has a small fountain at one end to add to the atmosphere. Try it, you will like.

1  Thank josch1122
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Friendly staff and homemade Mexican food are plentiful here. Love the carnita fajita salad, the Carretilla salad is also really really good. Great table side guacamole, The tacos here are great as well.

1  Thank jamesnps
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Rio Azul is right next door to the Comfort Inn we stayed at. The Service was Fantastic and the food was very good and very large portions. The have a daily Maragita Special that was cheap and very tasty!!!