“Great Mexican for a Great Price” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Perlita Mexican Food
Ranked #27 of 316 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Redondo
“Great Mexican for a Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

This place is a real find. It's just off Ramon in Cathedral City and in a little strip mall area. So the decor isn't fancy.

But the place serves some quality food. It's not fancy Mexican but everything they do they do well. From the salsa to the entrees, all the food was well prepared. My chili relleno was the best I've had, my wife had a beef dish that was equally good. And most entrees were in the $8-$12 range for dinner, which was great.

The place is family run and they seemed to treat everyone with class and thoughtfulness. So we liked the place a lot and will go back.

Visited March 2012

“Wouldn't go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

After seeing all the great reviews about this place, we decided to try it. And yes, it is clean and the service was excellent, but the food was average at best. My husband had the chile rellano which was good, but no one else liked their meal. The beans were bland, as was their enchilada sauce. I should have known when we sat down and were served chips and salsa and our family of five didn't come close to finishing either. Our bill was $50, which did not include any alcohol.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“a must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is an unpretentious place, clean, family owned, friendly, and not hard to find. We enjoyed the shrimp al ajillo, combination tres amigos, and cold beers (iced glasses). Maybe $30 or so with tax and tip. I definitely will eat here again next time I am in the desert.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Brookline, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, friendly service, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Forget the overpriced Mexican places downtown--this is the real deal. Well prepared, yummy Mexican food in a no-frills outlying location. Everything we had here was great. The La Perlita shrimp was yummy--cooked in spicy chilpotle cream sauce; lengua in salsa verde was cooked perfectly, and beef tampiquena was well marinated and delicious. Good choice of Mexican beers served in tall frosty glasses. And service was really friendly--including the owner who came out to check on our meal.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“Really Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I had read about this place on Yelp and saw the really good reviews. Loving hole in the walls, we decided to try it after leaving Agua Caliente. Thanks to my Iphone GPS, had no trouble finding the place. Walked in, the place is very clean, good sign. The service was excellent. The owner came to our table to ask if there was anything he could do to help us. Our iced tea glasses were kept full and when we got our food, we were very pleased. I also ordered a couple of plates to take home and my husband was very pleased also. (Yes, I do leave him at home when I go to a Casino).

We also enjoyed watching the ground squirrels playing outside. I will go back again next time we are in the Palm Springs Area. Again, will leave the husband home (he's a grump and no fun). He's happy when I bring him something. Though, he did say we wondered how it would've tasted fresh. Hmmm???

• Visited December 2011