“Nice, clean, quiet”
Review of Los Arboles Hotel

Los Arboles Hotel
Ranked #24 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We spent 2 nights in Palm Springs at the "Los Arboles" Hotel.
This recently renovated little Hotel within walkin distance to down town Palm Springs offers clean rooms, pool, Jacuzzi and very good outside dining - Mexican Food in a very nice garden.
...and wunderful Margaritas ;-)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
LosArbolesPS, Owner at Los Arboles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear Snowwhite2,

Many, Many Thanks for joining us at our little property Los Arboles Hotel! Your comments are very much appreciated and we are looking forward to having you join us again!

Stay warm and remember us when it's time to thaw out in the most beautiful desert community in the world!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed here 4 nights during a hot spell and were very comfortable. The A/C worked all day and the room temp was perfect. I was able to check-in early allowing me to visit Joshua Tree National Park before I went to the airport to pick up my friend. She liked the poolside service and the frozen drinks available from the restaurant next door. The room was very comfortable and was a welcome sight after a hot day at the Park. The only suggestions we could make would be to have chairs available for the private patio and hooks outside to hang wet towels. We look forward to coming back for a respite from the cold, dark, rainy Seattle winters.

• Stayed: May 2013
LosArbolesPS, Owner at Los Arboles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Los Arboles and Joshua Tree as well. Great feedback on your guest experience. Patio chairs and hammocks are on our property improvement shopping list right now ... so the next time you get away to Palm Springs from Seattle ... you might notice a few small upgrades. Thanks again for your comments.

¡Gracias!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I don't usually leave reviews, but I feel like I have to after what a great time we had here. I went with my boyfriend, Eduardo checked us in and was amazing throughout our stay. We had the smallest room on the property for $139 - it was small but not tiny - perfect size for what we wanted, which was really just to sleep and relax in the room. The weather in Palm Springs is always warm so why not be outside as much as possible? Everything was new, the bathroom was a good size with a normal tub, but it was big and deep with great water pressure from the shower head. The pool and hot tub are simple but everything you need - clean, great comfortable lounge chairs, mostly couples, no raging parties. And finally - the restaurant on site, El Mirasol, was fantastic. We actually ate dinner here both nights. Amazing service, food, and cheap HUGE margs!

Definitely going back. Many thanks to Eduardo - not even sure of his position but he could have been the owner for how amazing he was in upholding the "Los Arboles" name!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
LosArbolesPS, Owner at Los Arboles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Thanks for the nice comments about Los Arboles and our staff. We are very lucky to have a great team and we really appreciate your comments and will pass them along to Eduardo. Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback and we hope to see you back here on your next visit to Palm Springs. In the meantime ... enjoy that great Cuban food in Miami!

¡Gracias!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stayed here for four nights in April 2013. The rooms were very clean as well as the outdoor space. Very comfortable beds and pretty sound proof rooms which is not always the case with smaller boutique hotels. It had a comfortable atmosphere - quite quaint.

The staff at the hotel was very friendly and accomodating. It is nice that they walk you to your room on arrival. Walking distance to the shops and restaurants downtown.

The El Mirasol restaurant that is attached to the hotel was authentic Mexican food that was delicious. The El Mirasol had a lovely outdoor patio which was handy for breakfast and for all meals actually. The wait staff was friendly especially Eduardo- he served us a few meals and made us feel welcome and at home.

The only thing missing was a small fridge and the internet in the room did not always work. The internet connection did work well outdoors though.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovelylisa1967
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I stayed for 3 nights here. My room faced the restaurant and I enjoyed the guitar music on Sunday. There is a wall of greenery between the restaurant and the rooms. My room was nice, bed soft, flat screen TV, bathtub, adequate storage, and I had a coffee maker and a fridge (maybe the owners listened to some of the previous reviewers). The service was good. The restaurant is next door and the food is good. It was good value for the money. I was walking so it was close enough to walk to the downtown area. I did not use the AC or the internet. I enjoyed my stay. The only drawback is the office hours as they close at 5 pm.

Room Tip: If you are coming by taxi or even by car be sure to tell your driver that the entrance is off the ba...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Cultuslakenurse
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The location was great and close to both restaurants (especially close to El Mirasol seeing as how they are attached, which was pretty ok) and the conference center where I walked to every day I was there, although the taxi driver had no idea where to drop us off. The room itself was very cutely styled and clean. Everyone at the hotel was helpful, especially the front desk workers, at least when they were open. They probably shouldn't really say they have WiFi because it was spotty at best and mostly useless the entire time I was there. The water in the shower was pleasantly scalding and adjustable, unlike what some reviewers have said. My room faced the restaurant and could get a bit noisy at prime dining time, but luckily my air conditioning unit was loud enough to drown out any noise at all and provided good enough white noise for me to sleep very soundly. I was quite pleased with every aspect of the hotel until I woke up at 4am on my last morning to get ready to leave to catch a 6am flight to find that my water wasn't working!! I've never encountered this problem at a hotel EVER, and I had no idea what to do since the front desk was closed and I didn't have an emergency number to call. I resolved to just brush my teeth at the airport and deal with bedhead when 15 minutes before I had to leave it miraculously came back! After the fastest shower of my life, I left the hotel knowing that I would have to write a somewhat negative review. There are only really two things that a reasonable hotel needs to provide its patrons: a bed and running water. Since Los Arboles was unable to deliver that, even if only for a few minutes, I don't know if I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't facing the restaurant if noise bothers you and you don't like to s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ChristinaElaine

Christina ... sorry for the water problems during your visit. We had someone (prankster?) shut off our main water valve from the city overnight and it took us a while to figure out what was going on. We have since padlocked the valve in then open position. But our solution is a little too late to help you ... so please accept our apologies and if you do give us a try on your next visit to Palm Springs, I can assure you that it will not happen again.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

We didn't mind no phones in the room, but an intermittent, low quality, constantly quitting internet connection is not acceptable to us. In addition, since the front office closes at 5PM, the only staff to question was the waitress in the on-site Mexican restaurant, who had no clue what to do. The situation was the same in the AM after 8AM when the front office opens- the on-site young female had also no clue. The motel is as cute as the photos, but the owner is clearly not spending any money on maitenance-the wall AC/heater groans and chuggs like an old farm tractor so you can't run it at night. Our iron was broken, and the bath room door squeaked like Inner Sanctum, so if you're and elderly man as I am and have to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom you'll be sure to wake your wife up.
With no internet connection we would never stay here again, and suggest you avoid it also.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank parkinsd

Dear Pakinsd,

Thanks for your comments! We appreciate all of our guests and the feedback, both great and not so great that they pass on to us! We are especially grateful to learn from other perspectives...your perspective has us buzzing! We are currently remapping the entire wireless system for our beautiful property! This should eliminate any issue that you may have had during your stay.

This is, as you noticed during your stay, a one of a kind beauty located right downtown in Palm Springs! We will continue to take our guest comments seriously and act on all that need our attention. Thanks Again for your comments!