“Perfect”

Ranked #27 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Vancouver
“Perfect”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Very great weekend here! Love love Todd Oldhams design, very fabulous. Great food, quiet area...will be back soon! Be sure to eat at Mr. Parker's! Oh, and the spa...heavenly facials, private pool, very beautiful.

Room Tip: Loved our pool side room, not noisy as was expected.
1 Thank Debbiestravels
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Dear Debbiestravels,

Hard to top "PERFECT"...but we continue to try.

We are currently creating our new menu for mister parker's. Be sure to come back soon and try it....scheduled for late October/Early November.

Best regards,

Brandon McCurley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I was rather apprehensive having read some of the reviews but I needn't have been, this place is such fun. We arrived in torrential wind and rain (wasn't expecting that in Palm Springs in August!) and so had to contend with water soaked grounds and not everything looking/functioning quite as it usually would but it didn't take away from the experience at all. Really loved the quirky rooms and the retro style decor throughout. Beautiful grounds and good service. Would love to return.

Room Tip: Facing the beautiful gardens
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Naomi H
Dear Naomi H,

The rain and wind you experienced was a truly rare occurrence...I would consider it an honor to witness! The team had everything back up and beautiful as ever by the following day.

Next time you're headed this way, let me know.

Kind regards,

Brandon McCurley
jessms000
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We recently stayed for one night to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and booked the spa package which was excellent. It was low season so we pretty much had the place all to ourself and spent our time lazing in the spa and having excellent massages, lounging in the hammocks, playing petanques and dining at Norma's. The Jonathan Adler decor was amazing and we loved our room and all the little touches throughout the hotel. We were upgraded on arrival I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes quirky style and great service.

Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We recently stayed at the Parker Palm Springs to celebrate our wedding anniversary and loved it. We were treated so well by the entire staff. We especially appreciated the outstanding service we received from Steve, our waiter for dinner at Mr. Parker and Daniel, with room service. We loved the beautiful grounds and the Happy Chic Jonathan Adler decor.

Room Tip: Call the hotel itself to make your reservation and get the room that suits your needs.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill L
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I planned my Palm Springs get away at the Parker and was so happy I did. I spent my entire 3 days in the spa which was amazing. I had treatments daily and relaxed by the large indoor pool. I joined in on the yoga class and worked out on the gym.
I had such a wonderful time I am going back tomorrow.
PS The room amenities were beyond wonderful.

Room Tip: I would prefer to be in the main building, however the rooms with a private patio and hammock are VE...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Los Angeles
Reviewed 7 September 2012

As a former child of the Sixties, walking into the Parker is like a trip back into my youth. I swear that my mother had the animal print foil lamp that you see in the entry in our living room. My husband and I grab a quick day or two there whenever we can.

We love the kitschy, fun vibe, the spacious guest rooms, and the welcoming staff. And the Spa is seriously wonderful. It has a very grown-up, civilized vibe, with a gorgeous indoor pool (I Pads poolside!), a dark and sexy Moroccan style "quiet room" and a very private feeling outdoor terrace. The properties grounds are beautiful, very private feeling. Don't miss dinner at Mr. Parkers, between the ambiance, servers, soundtrack and food, you kind of expect to see Jackie O or Dino or Frank walking in at any moment. Finally, there's nothing better than one of the amazing breakfasts with a carafe of French pressed coffee at Normas (pricey, but worth it) on that sunny patio.

The hotel has a few kinks, but which doesn't? And all you have to do is bring it to someone's attention, it will be taken care of.

Room Tip: Go for the upstairs in the North Building, so you face the pool, not parking. I personally don'...
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I've wanted to visit this hotel for years and finally had the opportunity to Labor Day weekend. As you enter the hotel you're immediately overwhelmed by the innovative, kitschy and unique decor by Jonathan Adler. You know you're somewhere special. Upon check in we were greeted by a very friendly staff member. We are starwoods gold members and therefore, receive automatic room upgrades if available. The next grade up was not and they therefore, put us in a suite! It was an unbelievable room with a private patio, and "Party Shower." In addition, I am a platinum member and booked the hotel room, but my BF is a gold member and they accommodated our complimentary breakfast even though he did not book the room under his name.

Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
-Great decor
-Excellent staff
-Beautiful grounds. There are fountains and seating areas all throughout the grounds. It feels like one large garden with trails that lead you to different activities-tennis, bocce, hammocks, pool, etc.
-2 pools, one which is thankfully adults only
-Fast and efficient food/drink service at the pool. Waiters will even bring you drinks/food to the side of the pool so you never need to get out of the water
-2 restaurants
-Spa is very unique with a Moroccan theme, ipads on indoor pool chairs and a dark room for napping
-Get ready to be blown away by the bath products-Hermes, Bvlgari, Molton Brown, Peter Thomas Roth

Cons:
-You can tell some of the furniture, fountains, etc need a little pick me up.
-Pool menu needs to be better or at least more options. Drinks were not tasty.
-Mr Parkers was closed on Monday and we did not know so we never had the opportunity to eat there
-The hotel was very quite for Labor Day weekend, especially on Monday night. We went to the Ace instead for dinner and it was packed!

Highly recommend this hotel. It’s really an experience. I can’t wait to return!

Room Tip: 1 South is an amazing suite. We were told this was the "show" room. It is the closest room...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple