“Great design, but please clean the place”

Parker Palm Springs
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Great design, but please clean the place”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Wonderful and interesting design but tired and needs maintenance….simple reupholstery of the banquets on the patio and a bit of fresh paint and a power wash on the cement facade please would bring it to the level it should be….
Our meal was lovely, the staff very pleasant.
A tad long to wait for lunch, but we were in no rush.
Please don't let it slide into ruin.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeffrey W
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Jeffrey W,

Thank you for your feedback and choosing to stay at the Estate. Thank you also for your appreciation of the design and experience.

We are disheartened to read that you found the facade of your room to be neglected and the upholstery needing attention. Both will be addressed accordingly.

Please let me know if your travels bring you back to Palm Springs. I may be contacted at bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com.

Brandon McCurley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The Parker is a wonderful destination, indeed once there you don't really have to leave (unless you want to take in the sights). the Parker has everything from great food, pools, extensive garden with hideaways and a firepit for evening (and as with our Party early morning cocktails). The food and service are great and Chris at the Concierge desk will make sure that you are well connected into the local scene. great fun, quality holiday resort.

Room Tip: All rooms were good and we saw them all.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Will W,

Early morning cocktails, great food and the best Concierge in the town. Indeed, you have found Utopia.

With Palm Springs Yacht Club at your disposal and exclusive access to the Gene Autry Pool and Lemonade Stand, why would you stay anywhere else?

Please come back soon to visit us.

Cheers,

San Ramon, California
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We planned a short trip to Palm Springs to celebrate my retirement and catch on of the last Follies shows before they close their doors for good. As Starwood Preferred members we chose the Parker. What a fantastic surprise awaited us! The grounds are amazing and the activities, pool and spa options are endless. The food choices at Norma's are pure comfort food and Mr. Parker's is a dining event not to be missed. Other than our evening at the Follies, we spent the rest of our time at the Parker enjoying the beautiful weather and the gracious hospitality. We will be back! :)

Room Tip: We had never been to this property before so we did not know about the patio rooms that exit onto th...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Susie I,

Congratulations on your retirement . What a way to kick it off and celebrate!

The Follies are amazing. Such a shame the curtain will fall once and for all this year.

Thank you for your appreciation of everything we do. I hope you find the opportunity to come back soon.

Paris, France
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The surprises start early at the Parker, like when you see their sign after a long drive and turn into a street that borders the property and find only the employee's parking lot. It turns out you should go on to the next street, but most first timers loop the block at least once to get in. The entrance is discreet, to a rather plain entrance.

I'm here for business, and reception has my room already, although it's a bit of a walk through a dark to get there - the Parker has its own block and though the landscaping is lush, it's quite possible to get lost at night.

The room has a patio on the pool. and is nice and large though it's something out of the 50s, and I expect Dean Martin's ghost to knock at the door. Betty Davis' bulging eyeballs stare out at me from one of the 50ish photos that decorate my bedroom and other areas of the resort. Time for dinner.

Given the 50s look I had to start with a Martini, which they do well. I liked the food at their restaurant a lot, as well as the food that they served at breakfast and lunch over the next few days of business meetings. I only saw prices at dinner, and they seemed on the high side, but then I don't suppose the octopus is local in Palm Springs. They seem to cook chicken more than is necessary, but everything else was top notch - with a little work Michelin might rate them (assuming they find the entrance).

I'm not sure whether our business meeting paid the resort fee per person or not, but they charged me for a WSJ in the morning, gave me a free deodorant when I ran out, said they would charge me for using the tennis court, and then didn't. They seemed to think it odd that I'd want to use the court before 9, and for a while it seemed like they couldn't find a way to unlock it. Included WIFI everywhere, which came in handy since a bunch of the property doesn't have cell coverage.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank svnr2000
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Bonjour svnr2000,

Merci pour votre soutien et mots aimables.

The Parker does meetings well if I may say so myself. Smart Meetings agrees awarding us the Gold "Medal" for Best Executive Retreat in the nation.

Now you know where to find us, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This is my favorite hotel by far. The entire experience starts with the valet, maybe the best in the business. The rooms are very unique and very comfortable. Beds are great!

There is a nice mixture for the amenity package; Penhaligans, Molton Brown, L'Occitane and Bulgari. The best attraction at the hotel are the grounds; amazing pathways, hammocks, fire pits, ping pong tables and beautiful pools.

Norma's is one of the best restaurants for brunch. The people watching at this place is second to none you never know who may show up.

The only downfall this place has is the fitness center. It's not up to par with the rest of the hotel and needs a face lift!

Stay here and you will never stay anywhere else in the desert.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Discerning-Guest23
Dear Discerning-Guest23,

It appears you "get" The Parker and take full advantage of all we have to offer. The food is exceptional and wreaks havoc with my dietary efforts.

Following our philosophy of "Always Happy, Never Satisfied" I'd love the opportunity to get more specifics on what you'd like to see in the fitness center. I am contactable at bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com should you be willing to discuss.

Warm Regards,

San Diego, CA
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Great place to relax! Not cheap, but worth it. Brunch and dinner a must! Make sure to stop by Palm Springs Yacht Club 'PSYC' and get in the hot tub after a long day at the adult pool! Don't forget to play croquet.

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard facing room!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear emanonco,

Amazing review. Thank you.

Have you played Petanque during your visit. If not, be sure to do so next time. Ordering Pastis while playing will complete the experience. If you feel up for a real challenge, our Executive Chef, Herve Glin will gladly abandon his knives for a round of Petanque.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Love love love this hotel. So peaceful and quiet, service is great. I originally was going to go with my boyfriend but he had to take a business trip at the last minute, they were happy to accommodate a reservation change despite the website saying all pre-paid packages were final. Either way, I decided to go with my 2 best friends. They we're happy to bring us extra towels and bath robes and had a great sense of humor about us being a "throuple"

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Clara I,

We hope you find the opportunity to return with your boyfriend in the near future....let him see what he missed.

Also pleased to read the "throuple" had a great time.

Warmest Regards,

#35 of 73 in Palm Springs
Ace Hotel and Swim Club
Ace Hotel and Swim Club
#16 of 73 in Palm Springs

Been to Parker Palm Springs? Share your experiences!