All reviews quiet pool trader joes small kitchen full size refrigerator br unit third floor cleaning service pool area closet space bbq area living room great room stayed nights upon check wyndham spas units
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The hotel is well situated and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They are currently undergoing renovations; my only complaint was the smell of fresh paint. The rooms are a nice size and the kitchens well equipped with the exception of the fridge, it was either not cold enough to freeze or ended up freezing all the contents in the fridge. The pool is on the smaller side and not very deep, it also was shaded for a good portion of the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over-looking the Golf course
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LorryS322
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This resort is in a very good location next to a very nice golf course. It is older and undergoing some renovations. The staff is very personable and courteous. One maintenance problem solved immediately. It has an adult quiet pool in addition to a larger pool for families with children.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank UAWILDCAT65
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I went in September for my annual golf tournament. The resort is undergoing remodeling and construction.many of the rooms are getting new carpeting and face lips. The building was also recently painted. The parking lot was also recently paid. Overall the resort is looking really good. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I recommend getting third floor rooms facing the golf course during the summer time to avoid the heat from the west.this resort is also pet friendly.I will stay here again next year in 2014.I recommend is resort to families and couples without families.they are near shops and restaurants. There is a Walmart less than a mile away.

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank Manny083
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Our first time here and we loved the Plaza! We exchanged our timeshare for the Plaza this year, stayed in May, and were so excited to be able to bring our dog with us (and for a ridiculously small fee for the whole week!). Requested a 1 bedroom unit on the ground floor, and that is what we got. Lovely view of the golf course, and my husband and dog spent lots of time sitting outside. There are even trash cans and dog poopy bags for you to use if you didn’t bring any (I know Palm Springs is dog-friendly, but I found this a really nice touch and encourages responsibility). We had a full kitchen (except no oven) with a glass-top electric stove and were able to cook lots of meals and BBQ during our stay (it was hot during the week we stayed, and being pregnant, I was hungry and hot all the time!). Kitchen was fully equipped with what we needed, plates, cups, utensils, dish washing supplies, etc. Staff was SUPER friendly; check in and check out was a breeze, and I borrowed a few movies for free from the lobby during our stay. Big pool with misters over the lounge chairs made for cool relaxation. Our bed was comfy, bathroom was adequate, tons of closet space and space in general to spread out, everything was in perfect working order. There are ceiling fans in the dining area and the bedroom, and two separate A/C controllers for both areas as well, and both worked wonderfully. We were able to conserve energy this way and still be cool and comfortable, even in my pregnant condition. TVs in the living room and bedroom with cable. Free wifi (previous reviews said you have to pay; it’s free now and worked just fine on our iPad). Everything was super clean, plenty of towels, and a few pool towels in the room you can exchange after use at the front desk. We loved that both the bedroom and living room both had sliding doors out, and with blackout curtains and sheer curtains. My in-laws stayed with us one night and slept on the pull-out sofa in the living room; there are blankets and sheets and pillows in the front closet. The bedroom has double doors, and there is another separating door between the living space and the bedroom/bathroom side so there was plenty of privacy for all of us!! We did a load of laundry in the facilities there, there’s a small vending machine for detergent. Ice machine nearby too. We didn’t ask for any cleaning service (I think they do it midweek once) and we didn’t muck the place up too much ;) We did have to take out the trash ourselves because we didn’t ask for service, which was fine, there are dumpsters that front desk staff will direct you to (or depending on how much trash you’re bringing by, they might take it from you). Recycle bins are also in the unit, so please sort your trash and use them!! The sliding glass doors are old and heavy, but during our stay we saw many of the units getting their sliding doors replaced to new, modern sliders (and probably with better glass to help keep heat out). They are also remodeling (or refurbishing/refinishing/reupholstering) much of the furniture; I didn’t mind the furnishing myself, the couch was still firm and clean, and although floral patterns are dated, everything’s clean (I wouldn’t complain about new throw pillows though ;) ). My husband used the workout facilities a few times and said it was. We had nice walks with our dog just by hopping over the small wall directly in front of our unit, right onto the golf course (3rd tee I believe). Husband and my father in law played a round of golf too in the twilight hours ($20 for 18 holes?!) and enjoyed it immensely. My mother in law and I got mani-pedis at a local salon in the Vons center down the street. Location is great. Plenty of shops and local restaurants to try out (Upper Crust Pizza is YUM!), all just a short drive away (or in nice weather, a short walk!) Also fast food options and chain restaurants for quick bites. Drove around Downtown Palm Springs as well, and took our dog to the farmer’s market where I got the best cherries I’ve ever had (seriously, I haven’t had cherries up to par since May!) We definitely will be coming back to the Plaza!! This was a true home away from home, and so spacious, and now that we will be travelling with a baby and a dog, this place fits the bill perfectly.

Room Tip: Ask for golf course view, and if you want to walk around outside, a ground floor unit.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank myteem
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This belonging to a very well known Time share brand I was expecting more. There were 7 cars in the parking lot on a weds night (including ours). We were booked into the studio for 2 nights. I asked for an upgrade, front desk agent told me the housekeepers didn't clean all the rooms so she had nothing to upgrade us into. The room had a sofa, bed table for 4 people, everything to cook with and a small fridge. We used the bbq's on the second night. The pool said no toys etc. Also when we walked through the front doors of the hotel it smelled....old. They are in the process of a renovation. Hope it is better when they are done. If you are staying for a period of a week it would be good with kitchen and store down the street, but for romantic getaway spend more money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family