“A Quiet place under the sun”

Plaza Resort and Spa
Ranked #54 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My sister has a time share in this hotel so we stayed in here. I must say that it is very convenietly located to all other places around. Just a few minutes drive to all the shopping malls, restaurants and casino. The apartment room has ample space for 6 adults and has a fully equip kitchen. The beds are comfortable and nice. It is quiet and peaceful with a golf course view. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. We had a great time in the pool and spa, although the sauna was not working but who cares the sun was shinning all the time.

Room Tip: 2nd floor with the golf course view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JLynn049

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We just happened to come across the Plaza Resort & Spa when visiting my brother-in-law. Although it was recommended by him, I booked another resort based on Trip Advisor reviews (32) and found it too far away from our birthday festivities. We also found it NOT to fulfill the hype in the reviews. I will comment on that in another review.

The TIMESHARE facility, managed by Wyndham, was beautiful as were the people at the front desk as well as housekeeping staff. They seemed to really take pride in what they did.

Two beautiful pools and a well maintained tennis court. The updated rooms (3) were large, clean, and included a nice kitchenette, coffee pot and supplies and kitchen table. The bed was very comfortable. We did not use the sofa bed, but it looked new. Housekeeping was not included, but if towels or anything else was needed it was cheerfully provided.

A spectacular golf course is attached, although we did not play. The area is very quiet and there is plenty of parking. It was 10 minutes to downtown PS and about 15 minutes to the airport.

Only minor issue was the shower seemed to take a while to drain and there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom (but, I guess in very dry PS you don't need one).

Thank you for a surprisingly spectacular stay at a very reasonable price. All we can say is, Bravo!

Room Tip: We had 3 rooms on the 3rd floor each with a small balcony facing the tennis court. Very nice and qu...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LoveToTravel34728
Deanna L, Manager at Plaza Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words and we are very happy that your visit to The Plaza Resort & Spa was such a great experience.

My staff goes out of their way to make sure that our owners and guest have the vacation experience during their stay. We consider all of our guests are part of our family.

We look forward to a future opportunity to show you the hospitality of The Plaza Resort & Spa.

Again, thank you for choosing our resort.

Deanna Lauenroth
Resort Manager
The Plaza Resort & Spa

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Lots of good memories at the Plaza, year after year. Green, pastoral golf course views and a quiet setting ensure ongoing opportunities for deep relaxation. Well-equipped kitchen allows for entertaining small groups of friends and family. All are comfortable there and settle right in when they visit. Our 1 BR unit is always clean and spacious. Plus all the hiking, dining, shopping and exploring opportunities you'd ever want a short drive away. Low on glitz and glamour, but high on the basics, including very good staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the golf course side of the resort. Otherwise, the parking lot is outside your wi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Judy C
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The hotel is well situated and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They are currently undergoing renovations; my only complaint was the smell of fresh paint. The rooms are a nice size and the kitchens well equipped with the exception of the fridge, it was either not cold enough to freeze or ended up freezing all the contents in the fridge. The pool is on the smaller side and not very deep, it also was shaded for a good portion of the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over-looking the Golf course
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LorryS322
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This resort is in a very good location next to a very nice golf course. It is older and undergoing some renovations. The staff is very personable and courteous. One maintenance problem solved immediately. It has an adult quiet pool in addition to a larger pool for families with children.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank UAWILDCAT65
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I went in September for my annual golf tournament. The resort is undergoing remodeling and construction.many of the rooms are getting new carpeting and face lips. The building was also recently painted. The parking lot was also recently paid. Overall the resort is looking really good. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I recommend getting third floor rooms facing the golf course during the summer time to avoid the heat from the west.this resort is also pet friendly.I will stay here again next year in 2014.I recommend is resort to families and couples without families.they are near shops and restaurants. There is a Walmart less than a mile away.

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank Manny083
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Our first time here and we loved the Plaza! We exchanged our timeshare for the Plaza this year, stayed in May, and were so excited to be able to bring our dog with us (and for a ridiculously small fee for the whole week!). Requested a 1 bedroom unit on the ground floor, and that is what we got. Lovely view of the golf course, and my husband and dog spent lots of time sitting outside. There are even trash cans and dog poopy bags for you to use if you didn’t bring any (I know Palm Springs is dog-friendly, but I found this a really nice touch and encourages responsibility). We had a full kitchen (except no oven) with a glass-top electric stove and were able to cook lots of meals and BBQ during our stay (it was hot during the week we stayed, and being pregnant, I was hungry and hot all the time!). Kitchen was fully equipped with what we needed, plates, cups, utensils, dish washing supplies, etc. Staff was SUPER friendly; check in and check out was a breeze, and I borrowed a few movies for free from the lobby during our stay. Big pool with misters over the lounge chairs made for cool relaxation. Our bed was comfy, bathroom was adequate, tons of closet space and space in general to spread out, everything was in perfect working order. There are ceiling fans in the dining area and the bedroom, and two separate A/C controllers for both areas as well, and both worked wonderfully. We were able to conserve energy this way and still be cool and comfortable, even in my pregnant condition. TVs in the living room and bedroom with cable. Free wifi (previous reviews said you have to pay; it’s free now and worked just fine on our iPad). Everything was super clean, plenty of towels, and a few pool towels in the room you can exchange after use at the front desk. We loved that both the bedroom and living room both had sliding doors out, and with blackout curtains and sheer curtains. My in-laws stayed with us one night and slept on the pull-out sofa in the living room; there are blankets and sheets and pillows in the front closet. The bedroom has double doors, and there is another separating door between the living space and the bedroom/bathroom side so there was plenty of privacy for all of us!! We did a load of laundry in the facilities there, there’s a small vending machine for detergent. Ice machine nearby too. We didn’t ask for any cleaning service (I think they do it midweek once) and we didn’t muck the place up too much ;) We did have to take out the trash ourselves because we didn’t ask for service, which was fine, there are dumpsters that front desk staff will direct you to (or depending on how much trash you’re bringing by, they might take it from you). Recycle bins are also in the unit, so please sort your trash and use them!! The sliding glass doors are old and heavy, but during our stay we saw many of the units getting their sliding doors replaced to new, modern sliders (and probably with better glass to help keep heat out). They are also remodeling (or refurbishing/refinishing/reupholstering) much of the furniture; I didn’t mind the furnishing myself, the couch was still firm and clean, and although floral patterns are dated, everything’s clean (I wouldn’t complain about new throw pillows though ;) ). My husband used the workout facilities a few times and said it was. We had nice walks with our dog just by hopping over the small wall directly in front of our unit, right onto the golf course (3rd tee I believe). Husband and my father in law played a round of golf too in the twilight hours ($20 for 18 holes?!) and enjoyed it immensely. My mother in law and I got mani-pedis at a local salon in the Vons center down the street. Location is great. Plenty of shops and local restaurants to try out (Upper Crust Pizza is YUM!), all just a short drive away (or in nice weather, a short walk!) Also fast food options and chain restaurants for quick bites. Drove around Downtown Palm Springs as well, and took our dog to the farmer’s market where I got the best cherries I’ve ever had (seriously, I haven’t had cherries up to par since May!) We definitely will be coming back to the Plaza!! This was a true home away from home, and so spacious, and now that we will be travelling with a baby and a dog, this place fits the bill perfectly.

Room Tip: Ask for golf course view, and if you want to walk around outside, a ground floor unit.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple