“Quiet rooms, nice location”

Motel 6 Palm Springs Downtown
Ranked #58 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel a couple of times and took advantage of their pool (very nice on a hot day). The rooms are fine - we stayed in the back away from any possible street noise. Very handy to downtown.

Room Tip: No breakfast included
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beachbumAlberta

Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

I wasn't planning to stay in Palm Springs but had a day to kill at the last minute & was looking for a decent cheap place to stay. The location was wonderful, I was able to walk everywhere. For the price I didn't expect a nice heated pool & hot tub. The room was pretty basic & was about what I expected for a Motel 6 but it was clean & the bed was comfortable. The young man at the front desk could have been more friendly nut he got the job done. Over all I say great deal!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Russ R
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We've stayed there a few times when we are the desert. Can be loud on the weekends with the 20 something group. Staff is friendly the and night guy is a riot. Nothing fancy but clean. Great location. We like it and we'll be back.

Room Tip: anywhere on 3rd floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank John G
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Just what we expect from a Motel 6. This one is better than most of them. Looks remodeled. Certainly clean, friendly front desk staff and smoothly operating. No "amenities" except soap and plenty of towels, so bring your shampoo and Kleenex.

We asked for a QUIET unit, since it was Friday night, and were given one on the back, on the third floor, away from the pool. Perfectly quite!

Were given a Senior Discount which helped, as this is one of their more expensive locations. Ask for it. We came here for the price, one of the lowest in generally expensive palm Springs, since we were just passing through.

Our only NEGATIVE is that we were told they charged $3 per day for WiFi. We certainly did not like that "nickel and dime" add on.

Room Tip: Third floor back side is very quiet, if that matters. Elevator and stairs available. Close parking.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2013

The room (furniture, decor, accessories) was really showing its age. The mattress and pillows were not comfortable, the sheets, blanket, and towels were worn and thin. The furniture may have been from the midcentury but it was just old, not cool. We stayed at a great Motel 6 in Jackson WY that looked like it was furnished from Ikea and that was just perfect. I can forgive worn decor if the bed and bedding are good--this place fell down on both counts. I was surprised at a lack of rooms in Palm Springs in the $75-125 range--this place was only $55 with our AAA discount, but I'd gladly pay something more for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2013

buddy and I stayed for New Year's Eve/Business... front desk associate had no personality and rolled her eyes at guests checking-in, as another guests already in-house just went to front desk to ask for towels, since they don't bring to your room. I brought to her attention and the supervisor came out, with a rude, no personality attitute and called the police department to escort me out of the hotel. never again... with no service and attitute we can take our business to a better nice customer service hotel.

Haved call several times to speak to a Manager and I get the round/about... have left my phone number for a return call... still waiting.

Room Tip: please read reviews before you book...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ramon f
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Stranded without a hotel room for one night and because it was a holiday period, I opted for this Motel 6, which was one of the few available rooms I could find in downtown Palm Springs that wasn't over $250+ a night.

The rooms are clean and serviceable, nothing fancy. It's in need of updating, (got to move past the slick polyester bedspreads) but my room smelled fresh, everything worked, and it was decently quiet. It was cold in PS while I was there, and my heater worked nicely and didn't have that 'burnt dust' smell, which means the filters are doing their job.

There were some noisy guests staying down the hall -- I'd hear them coming and going, talking loudly as they moved up and down the corridors. That's not the hotel's fault -- it's their mothers, who didn't teach them good manners. (i.e. Keep your voice down in shared places, especially when people might be resting.)

The staff was attentive and got me registered quickly and off to my room and didn't have a problem when I called to let them know I was checking out and locking the keys in the room.

This isn't a destination property, but it works in a pinch. I'm not eager to stay there again, but would if the situation arose and I needed a last minute room in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: For a quieter room, stay on the 3rd floor, on the North or East sides, away from the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo