“Contemporary Paradise”
Review of Skylark Hotel

Skylark Hotel
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My Partner and I stayed at the Skylark and had an absolutely wonderful experience. Our room was nicely furnished in a 50's style and was very clean and well made up. As importantly, the service was great and the staff was super friendly. The property was serene and quiet with just enough activity to feel alive. Living in Los Angeles, my Partner and I frequently visit Palm Springs and have always stayed at another hotel, they happen to be booked this time around and we ended up at the Skylark; yay. This will be our new hotel. Lastly, the Skylark is in a great location, near the main drag and shopping centers. I highly recommend. you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jayson_Charles

Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is a perfect place to stay in Palm Springs. We were there with family and friends and everyone commented on how enjoyable their stay was, from the comfort of the rooms, to the friendliness of the people to the ambience of the property.

The rooms are spacious, recently renovated and pleasantly decorated. All rooms essentially open up to heated pool and nice jacuzzi. I really enjoyed lounging by the pool, chatting with the other guests and enjoying the sun and peacefulness of it all. Staff is very friendly and accommodating and if you need something, they are on it. One of the best continental spreads I've seen at a hotel as well- fresh fruit, coffee, cereal and the like, and it is available until at least noon!

The proprietors of this establishment have done a great job here. This will be a place I stay again, during my next trip to Palm Springs.

Room Tip: Don't get a ground floor room that has a room on top of it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd J
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had a wonderful time here. It was amazing that the pool and hot tub were just steps from our door, but when we closed the door it was perfectly quiet and comfortable in our rooms. The company of other guests was great ... everyone had about the same attitude of having fun after hours but not going crazy. Ron and the rest of the staff were so friendly and so happy to chat about the hotel or things to do. Really couldn't have been better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dimitri P
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night and a shame it wasn't for longer. I love the decor of this hotel, lovely and bright and very inviting. Good security, rooms are lovely, newly decorated and fabulous, very comfy big bed! Love the pool it was a nice temperature and the Jacuzzi was like a bath, open 24 hours. The staff are so nice, helpful and friendly, the complimentary breakfast was perfect and waters were given free of charge to us. Loved this place, totally recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank ChilliLondon
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My wife and I came down from San Francisco for a Labor Day weekend getaway. We loved the being walking distance from downtown Palm Springs. Ron and Troy were outstanding hosts. We enjoyed an exciting pool party on Sunday. The property was recently restored, and had a welcoming 50's Sinatra style feel. We had a blast at this desert gem, and can't wait to go back! Thanks Skylark!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

What an excellent place this is.
It is a 1955 motel, which has been tastefully restored to it's original condition by the owners. It is clean and welcoming, the rooms are spotlessly clean as is the pool area, which sits in between all the rooms.
The staff are so friendly and can't do enough for you.
The hotel is run by gays and caters for the gay and lesbian community, but heterosexuals, like myself and wife, were made to feel very welcome.
Don't miss out staying at this hotel if you visit Palm Springs, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Skylark is definitely not what I expected, it surpassed my expectations. It is very intimate and cozy. I loved how the pool was the focal point of the hotel and that all the rooms faced the pool. Had such a great time I'm going back there to celebrate my birthday. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Love, love, love this hotel!!!

• Stayed: September 2013