“Absolute Bliss”
Review of Santiago Resort

Santiago Resort
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Congratulations on such a warm, friendly and welcoming resort. From the moment we arrived till the end we were made to feel part of a family. Ken and Octavio went way beyond their means to ensure that we were always taken care of. Santiago can be proud to have 2 excellent devoted employees. The rooms were comfortable, clean and well maintained. The breakfast and lunch was plentiful. Our biggest highlights were the warm beautiful surroundings, the magical pool, the friendly ambiance, the frozen margarita treats and once again the warmth and professionaism of Ken and Octavio that made our stay complete. We had such a good time that we even missed our flight ! and of course Ken and Octavio were both there to ensure that we were looked after. A big kiss from your favourite Australian kangaroos. We will be back !

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountain and the pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joey T

Reviewed 19 September 2011

What a beautiful oasis this resort is. Four of us (two couples) wanted to do a quick getaway this past weekend, get some sun, and have a relaxing time at a classy men's resort in Palm Springs, and that is exactly what we got. Our host, Ken and his team were so welcoming and made us feel right at home. The grounds are lush, beautiful, and very well maintained. Guests are taken care of with the utmost care and generosity. Breakfast and lunch are included, as are snack baskets in the rooms and necessities like sunscreen and beach towels. Frankly, the website does not do Santiago justice. I honestly can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fm14
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Great Great Great! David is a sweetheart, such a dear man! I love this guy! I am so happy he has returned; the resort is back to perfection. The landscaping is spectacular; the pool lounge chairs and pool towels have been updated; the room linens are new; the pool and spa were sparkly clean. Santiago still provides the complimentary lunch from Aspen which is delicious. Ken, the asst manager, seems well settled in his new role and continues to make sure guests are happy and the resort is clean. Santiago has a great team in place! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank vwfever2002
Reviewed 31 August 2011

My partner and I had a terrific time at this resort. The accommodations were fantastic. Our room was close to the pool with very comfortable linens and very, very clean room from top to bottom. The staff at Santiago was fabulous! They thought of everything. They provided a snack tray with popcorn and various candies. The bathroom amenities were top notch. When we walked in the room had a nice clean scent with soothing music playing on the alarm radio (nice touch). We were even more impressed when we found out that on Saturdays they provided lunch; a nice gourmet sandwich with chips and a cookie. That was on top of the breakfast they provide every morning. I think the lunch is only on weekends, but we did not ask since we were only staying for two nights. Nevertheless, we had a terrific experience and would recommend this place to anyone visiting Palm Springs.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brad M
Reviewed 27 July 2011

After researching numerous hotels in Palm Springs, Santiago kept coming up as one of the top TripAdvisor rated locations. Based on other reviews and comparisons to others, I booked Santiago. From the time I arrived to the time I left, everything was perfect.

It's best decribed as a boutique hotel where clothing is always optional. During my visit only a few guys including myself went all natural. Other guests were very nice and mainly couples. Santiago tends to appeal to the well heeled traveler vs other spots that cater to more friskier clientelle.

I recommend staying in a room on the second floor. They have vaulted ceilings and a fan. It also offers great views of the mountains. All the furnishings were higher end and rival those at Westin or W Hotels. The bath and fixtures were all high end and very well appointed. I liked having the microwave, refrigerator and safe in the room. I also enjoyed the welcome basket of snacks and water, nice touches.

The continental breakfast was good, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, bagels, instant oatmeal, juice and coffee. If you're a diehard Starbucks fan, there's a store 2 min away by car. Coffee at Santiago is ok, but I prefer a dark blend to start my day. Lunch was fantastic. You get to order from a deli menu with a good selection of options. All from a bakery with unique bread offerings.

Kudos to the owners for making Santiago a great, high quality spot. Highly recommend for couples or singles. I will definately return. My only recommendation is to serve Starbucks coffee to save me the trip!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Pauly_Walnutz
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Santiago Resort is one of the best resorts we have been to i PS so far.

Great staff, modern rooms that feel way far more updated or newly renovated than any other resorts.

Clean pool, clean hot tub, good breakfast though not overwhelming.

Santiago even reimburse half the costs for your fitness day pass.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2011

First of all, I will agree with most of all the other reviews that Santiago is a very nice resort. The grounds are beautifully maintained, the staff is very attentive and kind, the rooms are spacious, clean, and nicely decorated, and I really enjoyed the boxed lunch they provide.
My stay at Santiago was going great until my last night. The music speaker was almost above my door and the music was left on all night and was very loud. I got very little sleep and decided to leave early the next day even though I had planned to leave later. Evidently, the timer didn't work. The music was supposed to to stop at 5:00pm. I love music but not when it's playing loudly through the early morning.
It was pointed out to me that I should have called the "Emergency Number" to have it shut off. I do fault myself for not doing so. On the other hand, if it were supposed to shut off at 5:00 pm and the office closes at 8:00 pm, Why didn't anyone take care of it.
My advice to people that wish to stay at Santiago is that if you don't like loud music directly over your room, stay clear of rooms 106 and 107 and if the music is left on when it should be off, call that emergency number to have it shut off. Don't make the same mistake I made. Other than that, like I said, it is a very nice resort. Will I return? Most likely not. The reason being that in the exchange of emails, they did apologize but pointed out that is was essentially my fault for not calling the number. They didn't offer any words of making things right and I don't mean any form of compensation. Only some kind words of encouraging a return and solving the music problem but it never happened.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo