“A True 5 Star Resort”
Review of Santiago Resort

Santiago Resort
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was my first but not my last visit to this resort, The welcome I received when I arrived was just so wonderful, Jay took me threw the entire resort, Breakfast and lunch included was also very healthy and plentiful. The rooms were beautiful well kept. the entire staff at the resort was always there if you needed anything. I would not hesitate to recommend this wonderful resort I am now planning to go back with friends to enjoy the hospitality that I did experience. Thanks again Jay, Mark, Oscar Gerry Chittle

Room Tip: All rooms are great view of pool and hot tub Enjoy
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank grc12014

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Jay and Mark run this resort with true dedication, meticulous care and personalized attention to detail, making my trip a truly outstanding experience. The room was not only very clean but also well appointed with amenities and decorations. They really thought about everything and put it together with love. The outside areas were wonderfully relaxing and well cared for. Great place to spend a few days, make friends, and enjoy yourself in your birthday suit.

Room Tip: Just ask Jay or Mark. They will make sure you're happy with the room. I requested a quiet room a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We just spent 3 nites here and had a great time. The place is nicely kept, well outfitted and has a great spa and pool. Friendly guests....nice hosts Jay and Mark. Mark makes some great banana pancakes and he was a great host while he was there. We used to stay at another place that unfortunately closed and Santiago is the place we would come back to when we return,

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My partner and I spent two delightful and relaxing days and nights at the Santiago Resort. We were completely happy with the beautiful grounds, spacious and nicely decorated guestroom, the fact that the swimming pool was heated to a wonderful 86 or so degrees, the ample breakfast buffet, the peaceful ambience, and the friendly professionalism of our host Jay. This resort has a nice low key vibe that suited us very well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The Santiago resort was a very memorable resort. Jay, Mark and Oscar were the epitome of professionalism. The men staying there were very friendly and ever stimulating. The resort is located below the mountain with a wonderful sunrise and sunset. The pool and hot tub are hubs of social activity. We will definitely return. James (London)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My partner and I stayed at Santiago 5 days before Christmas and because we liked it so much we returned after Christmas for 4 days. We had a wonderful stay both times. Before Christmas the guesthouse had very few guests and after Christmas it was completely booked. We enjoyed it both times.

I enjoyed my stay at Santiago for a bunch of reasons:
*The rooms, the pool, the grounds are beautiful, and everything seems to be well-maintained. The light in the pool that burned out and there was a problem with the pool heater - both problems were fixed the next day.
*The pool is large and very clean, and since it is heated and lit - you can swim comfortably on cool nights & if you get cold you can jump in the hot tub (next to the pool). Did I mention that it is clothing optional?
*The rooms are nicely decorated, clean, and everything is well-maintained.
*The grounds are very pretty - complete with Christmas trees lit, plus it has a lush feeling with flowering plants etc. First time in Palm Springs so I was a little surprised.
*The guest house is very relaxing, they serve a complimentary breakfast, which there are quite a few options and they order lunch from a place that has good salads and sandwiches. On the weekends, they prepare lunches (e.g, chicken Caesar salad) which are good. So you can hang out at the pool and just relax.

The people who run the guest house set it apart from other places I’ve stayed. The guest house runs smoothly and there is a lot of attention to detail. Jay manages Santiago and Mark works for Jay. Mark also runs a catering company. I can’t say enough good things about them. They are helpful, genuine, and incredibly good people. My partner and I arrived late at night (office was closed), but they had put fresh fruit in the room, food bars, bottled water… The guys who work there cleaning rooms etc. are also great. Did I mention it is clothing optional? My partner spent every second at the guest house naked. It was too cold to be outside playing around the pool at night. There were a number of couples and the crowd was – 40’s and 50’s, although there were some younger hot guys who were cool.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John0x043
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I spent the week after Chritmas in 2013 at Santiago. It was as super week, the weather was beatiful, the resort is perfect. The room was really nice, clean and had nice basket of goodies. The breakfast each morning and lunch were wonderful and very good!

I did not have a car but the gay bars and restaurants are within a short walk and there are always taxis. I really enjoyed the Sourh lykken trail, that was .5 mile walk way, that was as a trail to look out over Palm Springs.

Jay was great help suggesting places for dinner and directions. I also enjoyed all the educational materials /videos that were available to check out.

I definitely plan on retuning for another stay. This was my first trip to Palm Springs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo