While kicking the tires on a few timeshare properties in the region (this establishment included), I spent two nights in a one bedroom suite in the U.S. open section.
Unfortunately, there were more misses than hits:
The 4:30 p.m. check-in time makes it difficult to get settled and enjoy the sunset; with check out @11, why are 5ive and one half hours required?
The hair dryer did not work.
The toilet "refreshed" itself every 4 minutes or so, making uninterrupted sleep an impossible.
The Internet was slower than the US budget talks (as a writer, it is vital to remain readily connected; sadly, Bell Canada's turbo stick, which I brought along as a backup, failed throughout my trip and their help desk could only say "sorry").
I gather from Tennis Club management that--now that the hotel floors have been completely renovated--the units across the street--including mine--will be upgraded next.
That can't happen soon enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spectacular desert and mountain views, practice your tennis, relax by one of 3 swimming pools and spas or play a round of golf at any of the many nearby championship courses. At night, guests can take advantage of the wide variety of restaurants, including Spencer's on-site. The Tennis Club is ideally located within a short distance to art galleries, discount shopping outlets, casinos, theatres, and restaurants, and walking distance to historic downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Palm Springs Tennis Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Springs Tennis Club Hotel Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Tennis Hotel
- Palm Springs Tennis Resort