“A wonderful wind-down”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Front Entry
View you wake up to.
Front Gateway
Hot Tub at Night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Beviec
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A wonderful wind-down”
Reviewed 11 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Ron was the perfect host. He gave us a thorough run down of all the necessaries and then left us to chill. And that's what we did in his comfortable upside down house for two.
It's located a mile down an unmade road so you know it's rural, but with all amenities, outside lighting and hot tub very useful.
The views are beautiful, quite staggering actually. The bird life is incredible, we watched hummingbirds, quails,scrub-jays and many others. We managed to see a bob-cat and roadrunner too, what a privilege.
For supplies there are ample shops within a few miles.
Washing machine was good to have for pre home laundry.
We would stay again if we were in the region again for sure.

Liked best: Location
sandersbl...
Toronto, Canada
“Calming desert retreat”
Reviewed 12 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

We spent five days here, and loved it. The view and serenity were the highlighs. Although the kitchen is quite smail, we were able to prepare good meals with aid of the barbecue, which was so appreciated. We especially loved soaking in the hot tub in the evenings, looking up at the stars. We would definitely recommend this property to all our friends!

Liked best: Privacy & serenity
Liked least: small kitchen, spotty wifi service (often not usable/weak signal in guest house) - may need booster
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Kim O
Canada
“Very peaceful and relaxing.”
Reviewed 28 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

This property was wonderful. We enjoyed the sunsets in the hot tub and the very peaceful surroundings.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The serenity and the view.
Liked least: small kitchen
widowwond...
“SAVED MY LIFE and made me whole again!”
Reviewed 16 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

To be a bit partial my cousin Ron, the owner, convinced me to come out to CA for a fresh start after my husband passed away. I stayed for a week...and would have stayed longer.
I flew into Palm Springs from Southeast Ga. Ron picked me up and the adventure started.
I am so thankful for Ron. He was so caring and compassionate to my needs.
I was absolutely blown away by the scenery. Only magazines can give you views and experiences like the one I had.
Fortunately Ron took a vacation for me. We made haste everyday. Mt San Jacinto, Palm Springs, The Sky Tram ,The Living Dessert Zoo, Pioneertown, The Salton Sea, Morongo Nature Preserve,
Riverside, CA Beach and last but not least, the amazing and beautiful Joshua Tree National Park...unbelievable!
I will never forget this journey. God's Country for sure. 1000 Photograhs can't even describe these places.
I will always be grateful to Ron in so many ways he brought life back into my broken heart.
As for the guest house...I can't wait to go back. My visit was in January 2013. A little on the chilly side, but my accommodations were PERFECT to say the least.
Quiet time and serenity. Ron installed the hot tub just weeks after I left, So I have to go back and try it out.
Yes...all of the previous reviews were just as great as they say, but my stay was a true Blessing in disguise.
I am thrilled to see such nice comments, so well deserved Ron.
Thank you again Cuz. I Love you.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
MaggyMcC
Magog, Canada
“Great desert experience in a peaceful, scenic setting surrounded by birds, vegetation and mountains”
Reviewed 10 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our desert experience at Ron's place! Great spot that is remote enough to feel surrounded by nature yet close enough to easily drive to the main attractions in the area such as Palm Springs, Joshua Tree National Park, Morongo Nature Preserve, Poneertown and Pappy and Harriet's. The views over the Morongo Valley are awesome by day or night! Being in the hot tub on a full moon night was a highlight! The house has all the necessary amenities for living comfortably for 2 people. A remodel would upgrade it from good to great. We appreciated being personally greeted by Ron who gave us a detailed tour of the property. A great find at a reasonable price!

Your age range 50-64
Valerie H
Portland, Oregon
“Truly a Retreat”
Reviewed 18 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

This was the perfect retreat for us--comfortable and casual, with awe inspiring views. There's something restorative for one's nature to see how Big Nature changes moment to moment right in front of you while you relax from a cozy living room perch. Ron's place is so close to Joshua Tree National Park and other cool places to explore. This is better than a higher priced Palm Springs hotel if you can live without lux and attitude. Instead, get the comforts of home and access to naturally gorgeous places while you giggle all the way up the washboard dirt road...looking forward to a hot tub. We'd easily do this again.

Serenity1...
Riverside, California
“Serene Escape”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

What a delight. Driving up the dirt road was an adventure, fun and not something you do everyday. Upon arrival your welcomed by the beauty of the mountain views. The place was as expected, calming and relaxing. You have all you need. Hit the grocery store for a few items before you arrive and just stay in to enjoy the serene place that takes you away from all day to day responsibilities. I'm definitely going back! Ron is great and very friendly. Very detailed oriented. The house was so calming and the outdoors had some of the best views. At night take dip in the hot tub and look up at the stars. You might just see a shooting star or two (I saw 3). :) Thank you Ron for making my stay memorable and all that I was looking for. A serene escape!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing