“Palm Springs Rendezvous - worth a trip to Palm Springs all by itself!”

Palm Springs Rendezvous
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Minneapolis, Mn
“Palm Springs Rendezvous - worth a trip to Palm Springs all by itself!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

What a discovery the Rendezvous was for us! The highlights of our week in Palm Springs were: hiking in the surrounding area, the Palm Springs Art Museum, and the Rendezvous! Where do we begin? You have to begin with the staff. Every single person we dealt with - Jake, Lea, Betty and Jake's mom - treated us as if they had been waiting all year just for us to arrive. Friendly, helpful people to the max. The intimacy of the small motel was great, one story, all the rooms opening onto the lovely pool/spa courtyard. Sitting by the pool and looking at the mountains - ahhh! The gourmet breakfasts were outstanding, five-star, delicious and even beautiful to look at. The blue raspberry martinis and hot hors d'oeuvres at day's end weren't bad either. If you're looking for cozy, friendly, and low-key, get yourself to the Palm Springs Rendezvous. One of the nicest places we've stayed in our travels. And, no. We don't personally know anyone on the staff. This review is from the heart.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

Classic Palm Springs rooms around the pool layout. Great hospitality. Lovely people. Comfortable beds and oversize bathtubs. Tasty breakfast. And boxed muffins for a super early departure. Tremendous value. My partner's young adult son got to find out what a crooner was. And not too much involvement if you aren't the B&B type (every time I stay in one of these places it's usually managed by people who are up in your business--in this case folks were informative and respectful). Take a side trip over to Joshua Tree. Not to be missed.

Room Tip: I love John Wayne/Stagecoach.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank InnJoy
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

We have never experienced hospitality before like that provided by Jake and Betty and the rest of the staff at Palm Springs Rendezvous. We could not have been treated any better - the rooms were spectacular as were the three course breakfasts, the raspberry martinis, and Betty's sweet bites served in-room. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

Came to the Rendezvous for a reunion with my sisters. Being between the ages of 25-35, I have often kept away from B&Bs, but this place was awesome! Amazing spacious rooms (with the best sheets I have ever slept in!) with delicious breakfast and goodies. The best part was the complimentary martinis and appetizers every afternoon by the pool and hot tub, was a great end to our days lying by the pool and an even better way to begin our evening! Jake was very welcoming and friendly and had great recommendation of things to do and places to eat.

Overall it was a wonderful place to spend a vacation and I don't think our trip would have been as enjoyable if we had stayed somewhere else. Definitely want to
come back here but next time I'm going to rent it all out and bring my friends!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2011

I celebrated my birthday here by renting out the entire place. (10 rooms, 20ppl). Everything was great.
Each room is individually stylized, which gave a unique experience to each person. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Most of the rooms have a jacuzzi tubs and after a long days swimming they came in very nice. Each room is stocked with waters and sodas and every night you get a jar of homemade goodies. Delicious.
The pool was heated to a nice temperature. Even though it was off and on rain and clouds we swam for two days straight. This place is great for parties as it has an outside bar and sitting area, fire pit, and an indoor room great for chilly nights.
Every request we asked for was done right away. They are attentive and caring to your time there. Betty and Jake really made it a carefree enjoyable weekend. Along with the room comes breakfast, which entails a fruit smoothie, a fruit course and the savory hearty course. It was great to wake up and have the homemade meals and coffee waiting for you. In the evening you get appetizers and a cocktail. This was a nice treat.
The hotel is within walking distance / short cab to downtown shopping and restaurants.
All of my friends were very pleased with the weekend, as was I. We all look forward to going back!
I highly recommend renting the entire place as well as just a romantic weekend for two.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2011

This is my 4th trip to the Palm Springs Rendezvous and I cant rave enough about it! We are already planning a trip in October as well. This place is amazing. The rooms are so thoughtfully designed and the sheets are the most decadent sheets I have ever slept in - I couldnt walk past the bed without laying down! The service is unbelieveable - Jake and Betty and Leah bend over backwards to make your stay as fantastic as possible - always offering to make recommendations or dinner reservations for you. The blue martinis and appys at 5:00 make this place over the top. You will not be disappointed if you stay here - it makes you want to come back for more!

1 Thank avondra
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

I had a few days to spend with my daughter. She wanted to get away from the intensity of Las Vegas where she works...we decided on Palm Springs since neither of us had been there. We ran across the Rendezvous on line and booked it. I was intrigued by the nostalgia of it all and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is quite retro...but very well maintained...furnishings...grounds...pool...etc. We stayed in the Shake, Rattle and Roll room...wasn't my first choice when booking but everything else was already booked. The room was quite comfortable and we were very pleased. It was clean...with a great attention to detail (Elvis theme). We had a decent sized refrigerator stocked with water, ice tea and sodas (complimentary). There was also a microwave, 2 comfy robes, jacuzzi, nice flat screen and a comfortable bed...no complaints. We only had an opportunity to meet Betty briefly but Jake took really good care of us. He made some awesome fruit smoothies and delicious breakfasts both mornings of our stay....and did I mention the Blue Martinis at 5:00 pm.... fabulous! Jake was the perfect host....steered us to a really nice Thai restaurant for dinner (Pepper's)...I would highly recommend it and Jake also took care of reservations. Palm Springs is a cute little town...pretty quiet...not a lot of night life if that is what you are looking for. This was the perfect vacation for my daughter and I to relax and de-stress.... thank you...great time!!

2 Thank BuffaloDebbie