“Great location, wonderful staff...Needs renovations badly!”

7 Springs Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Nanoose Bay, Canada
“Great location, wonderful staff...Needs renovations badly!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the 7 Springs and had a friend there at the same time in another unit. The location was wonderful, 10 minutes walk from the downtown's restaurants and colourful shops. The desk people, Caroline and Jennifer were cheery, helpful and always there to help out, housekeeping staff were always there as well, very pleasant and nothing was a problem.

Our room was in the "old section" which needs renovation BADLY. There is a new owner this year who is going to update the hotel this year and it needs to be done soon. Our room had old aluminum windows that were hard to open, no fan in the bathroom, old, cheap stained horizontal blinds, doors scuffed up, kitchen with barely enough dishes to cook for two. One of the two hot water tanks that served our side of the motel was broken down and they had the remaining one turned up high. Having a shower was a challenge....Cold then burning hot.

Bottom line is that this place has great staff and the potential to be a reasonably priced, quality place to stay in Palm Springs. We will stay again but will specify a room in the NEW section on the second floor as the main, if a unit has one above can be very noisy.

Room Tip: Specify a room in the section that has been remodelled. The newly redone rooms are FAR better than...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Edward C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

we had a short getaway from LA and just stayed one night
the staff was so sweet, especially Caroline, and we had a wonderful hummingbird experience there
we will def stay here again
the pool was refreshing

Saratoga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

From the moment we arrived after driving the entire day, 7 Springs Inn & Suites offered a great first time experience of Palm Springs and provided a great relaxing place for us to stay. Peter at the front desk was delightful and friendly while being efficient and kind, along with all the other front desk staff that we encountered during our entire stay. The rooms were very comfortable, especially the bed and offered a refrigerator and microwave that did come in handy; the room also had overhead lighting, which is uncommon in my experience in hotels and was appreciated. I like the grounds of the hotel as well. My only issue was that the plumbing in the bathroom for the shower and sink were not very good and would have overflow issues, but that could have been only in our room. Other than that, it was still a delightful overall stay. We would certainly stay here again if we ever went back to Palm Springs!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
HaveBaggsWillTravel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I recently spent 9 days here because my dear friend was in a horrible accident & was in the hospital a block away. I loved the location because I could walk to & from the hospital. It is also very convenient to the downtown area. There were so many things I liked about this hidden gem. It was clean, nicely remodeled, the bed was comfortable, the pool & jacuzzi were warm & pristine, the grounds were lovely & I felt safe because of the interior courtyard's secure entrances. But the staff is what makes this place really special!! Oscar gave me a wonderful introductory tour so I could know if this was the place for me. Jennifer generously offered to upgrade me to a larger room when she found out my difficult circumstances & duration for my stay. After an extremely long, hard day at my friends bedside, I walked in and asked Oscar if anyplace nearby delivered food. He asked what kind I wanted & instantly had one on the phone for me. Caroline cheerfully found some necessary local information for me. They were all so kind & helpful. All of this should be reason enough to stay at this lovely hideaway, but the price is amazing on top of it all. The only advice I would pass on to anyone is that due to the facts that the side along Indian Canyon rode can be a little noisy and, even though it has been fixed up nicely it is still an old property & the room could smell a little musty, I just left the fan on the AC/Heat unit going to mask the noise and keep the air fresh.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

This isn't the first time, and it certainly won't be the last time I stay at the 7 Springs Inn & Suites. I planned a weekend getaway to Palm Springs with my fiancé and the hotel employee Oscar really exceeded our expectations of the night. We were celebrating his birthday, and upon check-in I found out we were upgraded to the King Deluxe Suite. I was presently surprised to have a nice Jacuzzi in the suite and what better way to relax after driving through the night! The staff is always so friendly and accommodating, I can't help but always propose 7 Springs Inn&Suites to friends and family planning a trip to Palm Springs. Whenever I have to work out of our Palm Springs office, I look forward to booking a night or two at my favorite spot!

1 Thank Brittany G
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

My husband and I booked a 4-day stay at 7 Springs Inn & Suites based on the reviews. It really was the perfect place to stay. The front desk service was great, everyone was friendly, informative, and eager to make sure our experience in Palm Springs was enjoyable. The Inn itself was very cute, clean, and our room (suite with kitchen) was updated and boutique-like. The beds were comfy, but I had a problem with the pillows. One area of the Inn appeared to be going through some renovations, so ask for a newly reno'd room for the best experience. The location was within walking distance of the main street where there is an abundance of restaurants and shopping. Hiking trails are close by as are museums and other points of interest. We would definitely stay there again.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

The 7 Springs Inn is located on one of the two main drags of Palm Springs, just a few blocks away from the "downtown" area. It makes a pretty good home base if you want to explore Palm Springs on foot or by bike. Due to the proximity to the road, there is some traffic noise to be expected, especially in those rooms directly adjacent to Indian Canyon Drive.
The layout of the 7 Springs Inn is that of a classic mid-century motel with rooms that are entered from the outside via a set of French doors. The interior is a more recent pop art decor with funny decals on the walls and Warhol-esque blown-up photo artwork. Nothing fancy, but well done.
The French doors open directly to the courtyard (which is equipped with tables and chairs for guests to hang out), and unfortunately one evening a small but loud party of people camped out directly in front of our room, which made it somewhat difficult to sleep.
Our friends who traveled with us asked for a different room on the second day because the blinds on their French doors did not close properly. They were upgraded to a second-floor room, which was quite a bit nicer and larger.
We did not interact much with the staff, but the rooms were clean and well kept.
Upon check-out, we were a little bit surprised by some additional charges, fees and taxes that we had to pay on top of the nightly rate. It would have been nice if those charges had been clearly communicated from the beginning. Still, the total price was a decent value for an expensive destination like Palm Springs.

Room Tip: Choose a second-floor room, away from Indian Canyon Drive.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends