“The warmest friendliest place in Palm Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tortuga del Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Tortuga del Sol
Palm Springs, California
“The warmest friendliest place in Palm Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is a such a nice hotel. Rick and Rob the owners, really pay attention to there guests needs. they have made our experience a pleasure.

Room Tip: Number 9 is great. near the other exit and away from noise.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank david c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

We stayed here last week. We chose it because the hotel had 1 dog-friendly room. We took it and immediately were thankful for our decision.

The pool is perfect - warm and with mountain and garden views. The garden is beautiful and full of flowers. Our room was clean, well-appointed, and had both a kitchen and a fenced area outside for our dogs to use to relieve themselves. Perfect!

This place provides the most relaxing atmosphere. The owners are wonderful. The garden is beautiful. We loved it and even extended our stay 1 extra night.

This property is exactly what we were looking for. We would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a very relaxed gay resort in Palm Springs who also does not want that place to be like a bathhouse! Expect to have a very nice, relaxing time here. We look forward to coming back soon!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NobHillTravelGuy
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

I would strongly recommend this hotel for the value and the warm, hospitable service. It is not luxurious or fancy, but it is very nice and comfortable. We had a spacious room with a kitchen facing the pool for less than $150 per night. The best part is the hosts, Rob & Ricardo. Two very sweet guys who go out of their way to make sure everyone feels welcome, is comfortable and has all of the info they need (directions, restaurants, etc.) to make the most of their visit to Palm Springs.

Room Tip: Two little rooms in back don't face pool.
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

My husband I have stayed several times. In the winter and the hot days of August as well. It gets better everytime. As a Travel Agency Owner I travel the world. Never have I felt more "at home" that at the Tortuga. Ric and Rob are perfection and so is this piece of paridise. Clean, comfortable and relaxing beyond words. On occasion we bring our two Schnauzers with us and enjoy the pet friendley suite. We will return over and over and are looking forward to our next visit
Stan & Arlon Kephart-Rice Yarnell Arizona

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

Okay I know that going to the desert in the summer is not the smartest thing to do, but they had great rates, and the owners very willing to give directions/suggestions for meals etc.
Rick and Rob are both very friendly and always said hello anytime they saw me.

Had a huge room with kitchen and really, my only beef is that the hot and cold water taps on the bathtub could really use a changing as they're corroded and didn't work very well and shower spray a bit on the weak side.

A bit out of the way from the Warm Sands area, but since that area is a shadow of it's former "glory", if you will, this could perhaps be a good thing.

I'd certainly look to stay there again on my next trip.... and with winter coming, thats a sure thing.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank deruo
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2009

Rob and Rick were very friendly, made me feel like I was visiting friends. It was my first time staying in Palm Springs and they were very helpful suggesting restaurants and things to do. They also offered me free passes to the Palm Springs Art Museum. It's a laid-back place and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

I've been here several times and always loved it. It's more for the mellower crowd, not the out of control crowd. The last time I went their was a group of young guys that were hogging the jacuzzi all night long getting wasted, not exactly my cup of tea, but other than that I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple