Extended Stay America - Palm Springs - Airport
Ranked #67 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Los Angeles, California
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Spent one night at this hotel and it was really nice. The staff was really friendly and the room was clean. The bed was really comfortable and the hotel is very quiet. There is a good deli down the street. Overall a good stay and will recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Palm Springs - Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms and the friendliness of my staff at the hotel and I have shared your comments with the employees. We do appreciate your staying with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

So when you think of Palm Springs/Palm Desert you think of golf, pools, spas and gorgeous views... basically pure luxury. I'll give this location for the gorgeous views but the others are probably not what you picture. I stayed here for 3 months for work and overall was happy and would say I was satisfied with my stay because it was long term. It was nice to have a kitchenette with a full sized fridge, two burner stove, and dishware. The pool area was nice to lay out in when it was empty and was clean just a little small. The views of the mountains and its proximity to downtown Palm Springs, the tram to go up the mountain, and a big grocery store was awesome! The front desk staff was always very nice and friendly as well.
Honestly the reasons I didn't rate it higher was because over my three months there I killed a few crawly critters (and no I would not complain about spiders), and they were always babies which always had me wondering where mamma was! It almost always smelled of weed when walking in which was super gross to me especially on warm days. A couple of times there were guests with MULTIPLE dogs in one room that you would hear barking and running around the rooms, and since they didn't lock the dumpsters there were almost always people going through the garbage which always had me bringing my paperwork (even receipts) to work with me to shred.
Basically, if you want to go to Palm Springs/Palm Desert on a budget this isn't a bad place to stay. Feels like a little studio apartment.
P.S. I was here over Christmas and wanted to feel more at home so my pictures may show the room a little decorated!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jragarci
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Palm Springs - Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel, the kitchens, the pool and the friendly staff; however, we apologize that there appeared to be some issues during your stay. We do have an excellent pest control program at the hotel, and I am contacting them and relaying your comments to ensure that this issue doesn't occur again the future and I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, at PSA@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Staff was friendly, Fredrick was very helpful and I will stay here again. this place was quiet and close to good eating places. Easy to find and check-in was fast. I saw recent reviews and decided to book this hotel. I am glad I did.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I was very happy to read your remarks about our team, especially Frederick and your nice comments about the hotel in general. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at PSA@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you again for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Very good. Rachel at front desk was very friendly. Staff very accommodating. Room was nice. Barking dog across the hall. Owners of dog not in room and front desk couldn't do much about it. Very annoying. They did try to contact the people.

Room Tip: tell them you don't want to be around rooms that have dogs.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Palm Springs - Airport, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Richard - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the barking dog is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Still, I am happy to read your nice comments about my staff, especially Rachel.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at psa@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

We rely upon trip advisor for recommendations when we travel. On May 6th, this hotel was ranked 22 of 68 in Palm Springs. It deserves to be rated higher. We realize that many people go to Palm Springs for a romantic holiday and this facility is rather "ordinary" to travelers. But if you are coming to Palm Springs looking for a clean room, friendly staff, ample parking, quiet setting, nice view out your window and convenient location to downtown, take a closer look at Extended Stay. This is a rather new building, so not the rustic 1950's architecture that attract some travelers to the desert. The only drawback is that the "grab and go" breakfast was pretty basic. But our room had a full kitchen, so we had options to supplement our morning meal.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Larry B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Palm Springs - Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Larry - I am pleased to read your remarks about your recent stay with at our hotel. It is very rewarding to know your thoughts on our current ranking; we would like to be higher as well! We also really appreciated your comments about your guest room and our grab and go breakfast. This is a new feature for our hotel, one which is constantly being improved upon.

Again, thank you very much for providing us with your feedback.
Palm Desert, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I live in Palm Desert, and decided to book one night in Palm Springs since Edison scheduled a power outage in our neighborhood for Saturday night. I didn't want to spend too much for a room, since it was only for sleeping. I came across Extended Stay, not only because of the great room rates, but they also accept pets.
I didn't know what to expect upon arrival, but I was pleasantly surprised. The grounds were well maintained, and the property was new and clean. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were nice and tasteful. In all , spending a Saturday in Palm Springs was quite enjoyable and the hotel is close to downtown.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a great value, especially if you have pets.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ernest F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Palm Springs - Airport, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that you were pleased by the quality of our accomodations and amenities. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

I was so pleased with the staff and my room at this hotel. We arrived very early (six hours), and not only did they offer to store our stuff for us while we wandered downtown, but they also worked very hard to get our room cleaned so that we could check in early. The room was awesome (chilly and clean - just how I like it!). The location was very close to the Coachella shuttle and it made it super easy for us to get to the festival and back everyday with little effort on our part. The price was amazing (especially for a Coachella weekend). I was pleased with everything and I would definitely stay here again if I was in the Palm Springs area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sabrina J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Palm Springs - Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Sabrina - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. I am glad to read that you were pleased with my staff and, especially, the cleanliness of your room when you arrived.