“Not at all what I expected....”

Extended Stay America - Palm Springs - Airport
Ranked #69 of 72 Hotels in Palm Springs
San Fernando, California
“Not at all what I expected....”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First of all let me start by saying Ive stayed in some not so clean hotels but none had this smell I couldnt describe. From the outisde the hotel looked fantastic, but the smell as soon as you walk in the elevator was BAD! Plus this hotel only has the one elevator. Even our room had a smell to it, kinda of a musty smell when we first walked in. As for the staff they could use a couple of classes in customer service. I expected better from the hotel, this would make a good " Undercover Boss" episode. LIke I said its a nice looking hotel just needs some cleaning, deordorizers, and some customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank WC3434

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Diego
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I needed a place to stay for a week while on business in Palm Springs. I liked the location of this hotel and the price seemed reasonable. When I arrived the staff was very helpful and courteous. The hotel grounds are very clean and I found my room to be clean and adequate. The rooms have small kitchens so that made warming food convenient. They also have a nice pool area. The hotel provides a free breakfast with about 6 or 7 items. Nothing elaborate but I like fruit and cereal for breakfast so it suited me just fine. I also like to walk in the mornings and this area is a nice place to walk. There are views of the mountains and the street is not too busy. All in all this is a good place to stay in a convenient location that doesnt break the bank.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed 15 April 2014

It was my pleasure to stay four months at this clean, quiet, reasonable rate, pet friendly and staff friendly hotel - the staff really made it a thoroughly pleasant experience. The location is terrific for everything one could desire or require - even without a car for four months! Without hesitation, I look forward to my next visit and have already recommended it to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Hemet, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We made a last moment decision to make a Palm Springs trip on a busy weekend. We went without hotel reservations but were thrilled when Extended stay America (Fred at the front desk) offered us his last room at a very reasonable price. Lower then what we had expected to pay. It's a no frill hotel, but when we asked for a blow dryer and some toothpaste it was immediately brought to our room. Yes, the lobby is small, the breakfast was limited and the walls are thin. But we just wanted a close place to crash after we enjoyed the nightlife downtown. If you plan to hang out in the hotel lobby and eat hotel continental breakfast when all of beautiful Palm Springs is right out the front door of the hotel, then don't stay here. But if you want a clean room, friendly and efficient staff, and would rather spend your money on the fun of downtown, then this is a great choice in hotels!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank D G
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The helpful friendly staff, cleanliness, and room configuration all helped to give us a pleasant stay. But it does have thin walls, a small lobby, limited breakfast, and absence of breakfast room, but those don't matter so much to us. We wouldn't hesitate in coming back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Palm Springs - Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Paul – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean hotel and our friendly staff. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. As well, I am sorry if you experienced some noise disturbance from neighboring guests. Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I would like to warn any long-term guest against staying here. It's a super-busy hotel because it's in Palm Springs. The clientele are noisy, inconsiderate, and make noise in their rooms and in the hallways. I can hear everything through these walls: voices, stomping on floors, cupboard doors in kitchens banging, etc. If I were on the first or second floor with people above me, I'd go crazy. I can't believe this hotel chain would build a hotel this flimsy, with zero insulation between rooms. I have not rested for the two months I've been here. The staff does the best they can, but what can you do when a hotel is overrun with people and noise? Spare yourself the irritation and stress of trying to relax in a cheap hotel that rakes in money but does not offer a relatively comfortable accommodation. I advise you spend a little more and get more peace. I write this as I hear kids running around on both sides of me making the floor vibrate and walls rattle.

Room Tip: If you take a risk and stay here, at least get a top-floor room. Otherwise, you may be completely su...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 77PeaceSeeker77
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you experienced excessive noise disturbances during your stay. Your comments were reviewed by our staff, and we will be taking steps to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at PSA@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night prior to being able to check into our timeshare. The staff was very nice, but that's all it has going for it.

Lobby is tiny and looks like a bank lobby. Upon arrival we were accosted by the odor of cooked broccoli - and it permeated our room as well. Hallways are narrow. Carpets in common areas are stained and I'm certain that they opted out of installing a pad under any carpet.

Room is bare bones. Bar of soap for you, but no lotion, shampoo or even a crappy attached-to-the-wall hair dryer. Towels barely fit around me, a size 6.

All night I was awakened by the sounds of people walking around above our room.

I guess I learned that a hotel that some people view as an alternative to renting an apartment is exactly that. I will set my bar at Courtyard or Hampton inn from now on.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ami D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Palm Springs - Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us and we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that you enjoyed our staff during your visit with us. Still, I apologize that the smell, cleanliness and condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure these issues are properly addressed. As well, I am sorry that you experienced some noise disturbance from neighboring guests. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Please know that toiletries and hair dryers are available upon request at the front desk, should you need them in the future.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me, at PSA@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.